Which TV shows are you watching?

Discussion in 'TV and Movies' started by Readsalot, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Readsalot

Readsalot Level 13 (Assassin) Citizen

68%
    xp:
    Zone:
    South Africa
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Series past, present and future (for those of you gifted with the ability to travel in time). What are you watching? Have you seen it before? What makes you love it?

2. Readsalot

68%
    xp:
    Zone:
    South Africa
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I just finished the Mindhunter series on Netflix. Riveting to watch with fascinating characters and exceptional writing. Base on the book Mindhunter: Inside the FBI's Elite Serial Crime Unit by John Douglas and Mark Olshaker, the series follows two FBI agents who start studying the most violent of killers. Fans of Silence of the Lambs will find the characters recognisable: The intuitive, curious, empathetic rookie and the older, cynical veteran.

Felicity Weiss and Paul Bellow like this.
  3. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Just wrapped up (last?) season of Halt and Catch Fire. Typical time-jumps seen throughout the series, but they covered a lot of time.

Think I'm going to save Dirk Gently and watch them all together.

Looking forward to new Doctor this Christmas.

Gonna save Mr. Robot too, I think.

4. Readsalot

68%
    xp:
    Zone:
    South Africa
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Same here. Watched the 1st episode of Season 2 last night and there's just too much going on, would be better to watch a few of them at the same time I think (I'm going to do the same with Shokugeki no Souma).

Halt and Catch Fire never really caught my interest, and I got bored and frustrated with the writing on Doctor Who. I love Capaldi but didn't love Doctor Who anymore. Might give the new Doctor a go, though. I dropped Mr Robot about halfway through the series after I figured out what was going on. Plus, there's too much drama and angst - I prefer my shows more lighthearted.

5. Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen Aspiring Writer

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I just haven't been watching TV at all lately. It's been YouTube and Vimeo videos for me. Though I have watched some Black Mirror, HUM∀NS, and ... well, that's it. I probably could do more watching, but my time management is atrocious for everything but writing, which I can apparently set myself to do within a timeframe and get done with for the day.

6. Stevie Collier

Stevie Collier Level 6 (Footpad) LitRPG Author Roleplaying Citizen Aspiring Writer

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I actually just started to watch the 7 deadly sins and addicted to it now. It's really the characters that got me into it. That, and I like that there is a lot of blood splatter lol.

CheshirePhoenix and Readsalot like this.
  7. Readsalot

68%
    xp:
    Zone:
    South Africa
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I LOVE 7 Deadly Sins. Kick-ass characters and jaw-dropping action moments.

Does anybody watch Harmonquest? I might give it a go.

CheshirePhoenix likes this.
  8. Gryphon

Gryphon Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If you aren't watching Dirk Gently, do yourself a favor and binge season one. Season two has just started and it's honestly the most "How many nuts did that squirrel eat to get that nutty" story I've seen on TV, but I love it. Holistic detectives and murders, shadow government organizations, corgis... and this season brings in DnD!

Readsalot likes this.
  9. Readsalot

68%
    xp:
    Zone:
    South Africa
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Rewatching Justified. I love everything about this show.

CheshirePhoenix and Paul Bellow like this.
  10. Seagrim

Seagrim Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Kari and I are so damn far behind on so many things it's ridiculous. Roku streaming, getting rid of cable gave us so much to watch we're swamped.

Meanwhile, Animenetwork has stopped streaming on PC, and it's now HIDIVE. They don't have a Roku app, but, I'm afraid when they do, I'll never watch anything that isn't anime again.

I'm not saying that like it's a bad thing.

Me "Sweets, what's up with the art style on this?"
    Kari "Those are real people"
    Me "Oh! that's whats wrong."

Readsalot, Viergacht and Paul Bellow like this.
  11. Jay

Jay Hiatus. LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

30%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I normally just stick to Netflix so currently finishing up watching Stranger Things 2.

And on a Walking Dead kick, oddly enough!

Seagrim likes this.
  12. Readsalot

68%
    xp:
    Zone:
    South Africa
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Just two more days until Punisher.

[​IMG]

13. Life and Liberty

Life and Liberty Level 8 (Thug) Citizen Aspiring Writer

70%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    My wife and I are on our annual "The Office" and "Parks and Rec" kick, plus seeing how the new show "Ghosted" is, but my wife fell asleep in the first episode, but it was late, so we will give it another go. Stranger Things is the next thing for us to try.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  14. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Justified is an amazing show. I want to be as badass as Raylan Givens when I grow up.

And as smooth as Neal Caffrey from White Collar, as slick as Michael Westen from Burn Notice, and as charming as Lucifer from, well... Lucifer. And as smart as Michael Ross from Suits.

I’d also love to be as skilled as John Reese from Person of Interest or as personable as Jack Carter from Eureka.

Those are some of my favorite shows on television. Lucifer is current, the rest are bingeable on various streaming services. I also enjoy the Chicago shows (Fire, Med, PD), The Orville, Scandal, Designated Survivor, Lethal Weapon, and I think Kevin (Probably) Saves the World is going to end up in my list of favorite TV shows. The Good Doctor I’m a bit ambivalent about - the premise has been interesting but I’m not sure whether or not I like the characters.

I couldn’t even make it halfway through the pilot episode of Futureman before abandoning it in disgust.

15. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That's where I know "Boone" from You're the Worst. Heh. Miss Eureka. Was like a Gilmore Girls for geeks almost.

CheshirePhoenix likes this.
  16. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If Gilmore Girls is anything at all like Eureka then maybe I should be watching it.

I just really wish they hadn’t turned Henry from Eureka into a bad guy on Scandal. That almost made me drop the show entirely, because come on .... it’s HENRY!

Felicity Weiss likes this.
  17. Felicity Weiss

Felicity Weiss Musey Muse Muse Shop Owner Citizen

62%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Oregon
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Currently watching Enterprise, beginning with Season 1. On ep 7 atm. A friend recommended it to me to help fill the void STD left. *forlorn sigh*

So far, it's kinda cheesy but I believe my friend when he said it gets better season 2 and beyond.

Asakust and CheshirePhoenix like this.
  18. Asakust

Asakust Level 9 (Burgler) Citizen Aspiring Writer

40%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Does The Greatest Story Never Told count?

I wish Enterprise didn't get cancelled... but oh well. I couldn't bring myself to watch STD... Orville made me cringe every now and again with the humor, but I grew to like it enough.

Recently had Alone and Survivor Man playing in the background while doing something tedious and mind numbing. I wanted to get ideas on how to write bush-crafting or survival skills into a VRMMO.

Felicity Weiss likes this.
  19. Readsalot

68%
    xp:
    Zone:
    South Africa
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Official IMDB 2017 Top Ten
    (Most consistently popular, not critical assessment, based on page views not Nielsen ratings)

10. Taboo
    9. The Defenders
    8. American Horror Story
    7. American Gods
    6. Vikings
    5. Stranger Things
    4. Rick and Morty
    3. The Walking Dead
    2. 13 Reasons Why
    1. Game of Thrones

20. Readsalot

68%
    xp:
    Zone:
    South Africa
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Watched the first episode of this last night. Fantastic.

[​IMG]

Paul Bellow likes this.