RANT Woe is Me

Discussion in 'The Tavern' started by Zachariah Dracoulis, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Zachariah Dracoulis

Zachariah Dracoulis God Emperor of LitRPG (I can be an egotist too) LitRPG Author Citizen

12%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    <rant>
    So, there's this guy in a bunch of the LitRPG/GameLit groups who keeps putting stuff up in the groups, taking swings at anyone who doesn't agree with him and his core ideology, then sending either passive aggressive or outright aggressive messages to those he's swinging at before blocking them before they can respond.

He's one of those whiny man-children who can't handle people calling him a whiny man-child (after he's decided to throw the first stone), and I just figured I'd chuck something up here to vent because... well, why not? :p
    </rant>
    (P.S. I went ahead and started taking screenshots early on, so yippee me for having evidence :p)

Alexis Keane likes this.
  2. Windfall

Windfall Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

25%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I only lurk the facebook groups some of the time, so I don't know what exactly you're talking about, but I'll say this:

The need to suppress dissenting speech reflects poorly on one's character. They might think that it is a display of power, but it's actually a display of fear and fragility. Unfortunately we live in a society that encourages people to shout down disagreement, to one-up people in order to 'win', and it's often surprising to see how quickly adults can melt down into defensiveness and passive-aggressiveness just because they can't handle the slightest criticism.

3. Jun

Jun Level 13 (Assassin) LitRPG Author Citizen

95%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Honestly, I'd be shocked if we didn't have these in the GameLit groups, and am surprised there aren't more of them. How many times have I signed into WoW and seen /Trade and /GEneral filled with the same kind of people? I also see it sometimes in Summoners War. I guess it comes with both human nature and Gaming.

It's only the games that are run by private servers (Persistent Worlds NWN, etc) where staff have the authority to boot people's asses out of the game, or even ban them if it becomes necessary.

4. DJ Schinhofen

DJ Schinhofen Creator of Worlds. LitRPG Author Roleplaying Citizen Aspiring Writer

21%
    xp:
    Zone:
    The Void
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    People like this exist everywhere, its why I tend to stay in my cave

5. Zachariah Dracoulis

Zachariah Dracoulis God Emperor of LitRPG (I can be an egotist too) LitRPG Author Citizen

12%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Which is what I should be doing! :p

Alexis Keane likes this.
  6. Jay

Jay Hiatus. LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

30%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Deal with people?! Nope!
    [​IMG]

7. DJ Schinhofen

DJ Schinhofen Creator of Worlds. LitRPG Author Roleplaying Citizen Aspiring Writer

21%
    xp:
    Zone:
    The Void
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If only I was a boneless cat @Wyvern