Yoshi's levels form Litch battle?!

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by PokemonThug, Sep 9, 2021.

1. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If Richter got this Prompt after achieving Apprentice in war leader skill:

"You shall now be awarded bonus XP based on 5% of the total XP gained from the members of your war party. This is cumulative with successive ranks."

So How much Exp should Yoshi get considering he is at least an Adept in war leader skill ?!
    Yoshi had to level up his war leader skill after the blood stone battle.

So minimum he's getting 10% to 30% of total exp... This means multiple levels... its exp for killing ~ 4k undead(if army was 20k)

so much profit yes?

2. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Assuming that he was still classified as the War Leader and wasn't kicked out of the War Party after he was rendered non-functional and carried of the battlefield, if he was kicked then he would only get Experience till that point, which would mean he lost out in a lot of experience.

3. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If hes not dead, no reason to off him.. war leaders should be able to lead from behind... from a Distance**

4. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yes, but only if they are actually physically and mentally capable of leading, if not then it would make sense for the position to be passed onto someone else.

5. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We know Richter had to hand over 25% of his warpoints to Yoshi.

So Yoshi gains tens of thousands of points from that battle.

Btw, the whole war party mechanic is set up on it lasting a set number of hours. You can't change it once its in effect before the countdown expires (24 hours), meaning you can't leave it willingly or unwillingly.

6. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    until death do us part

Dragon and Andrew Lynas like this.
  7. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I thought it didn’t expire until they canceled the party or formed a new one

8. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I believe that there might also be a time limit as well.

9. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Probably so, it seems like Ricther was back in the villiage and checked the timer counting down for his party.

10. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I wouldn't be surprised if there was is Distance Factor involved as well, if they got to far away that it would be impossible to do anything to support or control their War Party then their control of the War Party would either be automatically be Removed (especially if it's judged that it's impossible for them to get back to the party) or the Timer of the War Party would likely be vastly accelerated until they get back near their War Party, wether the War Party will be Disbanded or just defaulted to the next Ranked War Leader I don't know? Might depend on the Rank of the next War Leader?
    There might be a Cowards clause as well, if the War Leader breaks and runs, deliberately abandoning his War Party to save his own life then that might Auto Disband the Party?

I also still think that if a War Leader is rendered incapable of Leading by Severe Injury, Unconscious or (as mentioned above) Distance that the War Party will either Disband or Default to the next Ranked War Leader in the Party/Group.

11. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The thing is, war parties are already a really powerful mechanic. Being unable to rapidly restructure them is one of the drawbacks. Being unable to get rid off a bad/cowardly leader while in battle unless you are willing to forego a war band entirely for what is left on the timer, is another.

Kinda similar to real life, no matter how terrible the general is you really don't want to replace him while he is guiding a battle. In the lul between battles sure.

So yeah I think Yoshi was definitely in command.

Plus as the quote above shows he got 25% of Richter's warpoints.

12. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ye but how do you qualify the "run away" ? "retreat"? If its a battle area say 1km no one has retreated measuring distance through the portals. Also that square kilometre is Moving!!! unread invading dungeon climbing the palisade etc..
    Is this the same battle/new one/ its the same army, same enemy.. I'd say yes, If you fight on a hill, then down hill , then in a beach its the same battle, just different location. I'm not talking about panic run its more of a measured drawback. repositioning, in every fight ppl move/reposition. Also who was the Litches Champion?!

13. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There was definitely something about this at one point. Though it mentioned death, I think incapacitation would also apply. Can't remember if like book 2 after the bugbear fight or book 6/7 after the goblin horde

14. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Is it this one? There is an entire scene where we are told about a discussion between Yoshi and Richter.

Book 5 chapter 2 has Richter waking up after going to sleep with an active war party and thinking its because its been less than 24 hours. Seems relevant to the discussion.

This is unreleated but pretty grim for those hoping for a bunch of undead and living dead to have survived the collapse of the Mausoleum.

15. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So seeing how this is supposed to be an absolute that all of the “enemy” died are we to believe that the Vampire Mages died as well?

The Vampire Mages were part of the enemy army.

As I stated before there was a large group of sentient dead that broke away fighting together against the non sentient undead. It was said that those Sentient dead were fighting their way out. After which we don’t know anything else.

Clearly at that point they were not fighting against Ricther. They were more concerned with their own survival. Although the nonsensical dead were still fighting against Ricthers Alliance.

So at what point does a force lose its enemy status?

If making the above an Empirical statement of truth shouldn’t they all have died? If we make any exception then it’s not an empirical truth.

The only question for me is how “far away” did any of those other sentient dead make it? I can’t say I know if Aleron intends for any of those sentient dead that broke away escaped the blast zone. It still appears to me that AK left it somewhat open. As normal AK doesn’t close all his doors.

I do still find it interesting to consider the possibility that some of those sentient dead have escaped. Surely if they have Ricther will garner a fair amount of relationship points for freeing them from untold years of servitude to the Litch.
    I also find it interesting that AK’s story places all beings in his world of having the ability of being good. Unlike the beings of D&Ds where some beings are confined to being an evil race or group. That leaves it wide open for Ricther to add all types of beings to his society. If any of those Sentient dead did escape it is definitely in the realm of possibility that they might join Ricthers righteous cause.

That righteous cause as I see it is a place for all to live regardless of race, creeds, magic types, or alignment. Alerons “self” character is a liberator of the enslaved and downtrodden. All of his characters qualities are those that AK and many of us have gained from living in the “world” we live in. That’s why I find it very unlikely Ricther buys anyone’s freedom. Ricther will cut all the bonds of the bonded and enslaved by cutting down those in his way. If not he will bloody every lip that approves of those things.

Dragon likes this.
  16. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Two things.

Of course it isn't an absolute quote :) Aleron could make the argument that a warslave isn't really part of the force as such. Or that the lich had a limited rank as a warleader, that precluded him from having most of his troops in a war band. With that in mind he might have chosen to focus on non-sapients that need more direct guidance, controlling the remainder through the Mausoleum.

It could even be that being routed to the point that you aren't in any meaningful force a military force counts for the promotion and the slaughter thing is merely flavor text.

The second.
    He could still gain plenty of relationship points even if they all died, with the factions those sapient undead came from, with their friends and families. Imagine having a loved one enslaved by a psychopathic freak for centuries, knowing they are being forced to fight for his power and influence, that they are being driven absolutely bonkers by standing unmoving in a field for decades, with there being nothing you can do about it.

Even if Richter killed every enslaved sapient undead, most would likely have preferred it to continued servitude.

17. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We've talked mixed socities before. I still think Richter needs to be extremely careful about mixing groups that are racial enemies or of opposing alignments. That's not me saying that he can't do it, but he needs to have every leader on the same page going forward.

That won't always be possible. Elves, sprites, dwarves, humans, gnomes, for all their noble qualities can be just as aggressive as the evil races, though mostly for slightly different reasons. Unless carefully balanced Richter risks a civil war.

I agree there is a lot of fluidity in the good/ evil scale. Good1-3 /Evil 1-3, at least as I see it, is more about natural inclinations. Goblins seem to be naturally sadistic, which can lead to terrible things, especially when you grow up in a dysfunctional culture such as what the azergoth swam goblins and the ashstalkers have. But if a goblin truly desired to change, its likely he could raise his alignment, he might even gain a quest to change his subrace to a goblin subrace without such inclinations. Sion gained such a quest to recreate an entire sprite subrace.

I see racial alignment as a starting point, what the average member of your race is inclined towards and have been raised to be. Hence the search for personal qualities and growth gains meaning, as you are finding yourself. Its a relly nice setup, personal qualities rising or lowering alignment makes perfect sense. I imagine you can even mold yourself towards an ideal.

18. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I personally see buying nonhumans as a way for Richter or more likely representatives to do something now. Paying off a slaver is disgusting, but if the alternative is leaving the nonhumans in chains for years while the village grows into a country capable of standing up to Yves, i'd choose to pay them now and give them what they truly deserve when I am ready to clean house.

Meanwhile factions such as the gnoll slavers and similarly vile factions that are in Richter's weight class can be dealt with. Its not a situation where you pay off some slaver and he lives happily ever after, its a situation where you pay off the slaver to get the slaves out, build an army and then deal with the various slaver factions as you grow powerful enough.

The gnolls and similar small fry Richter can probably take off the board as things stand. The goblins will take a lot more work. Once Richter has dealt with them he will be much better position for a war with Yves. One step forward at a time.

19. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    that's a good one, but I'm pretty sure there's another that goes along the lines of

"[enemy] died and there were no subordinate leaders for it to fall too which is why their fighting spirit dropped so aggressively" which leads me to lean towards the goblins.
    In my head I have a faint memory of it being phrased in a way that made me think it was more of an automatic allocation than a conscious effort upon the part of the lower ranked leaders.

20. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think that might have been the bugbears in book 2. The fall of their champion destroyed their morale.

ShoughtLoud likes this.