You have found: Intro Thread Lvl 1! Exp +5*

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by AdamMyhr, Nov 2, 2017.

1. AdamMyhr

AdamMyhr Level 4 (Warrior) LitRPG Author Citizen

90%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I remember when forums were the place to interact with others. TBH I remember when message boards on BBS were the way to interact, but that seems a lifetime ago now. (Side note, if you are of a similar age and have not been enjoying Halt & Catch Fire - what is your problem?)

After spending years as a gamer, always preferring the single player games and storylines to multiplayer stuff, I was given a chance to halt my 15 year IT/IS career and write full-time by a brand new executive team eliminating my position. It helped even more when the job market had jack for someone who had just transitioned to mid-level management meaning I had to either step back to line worker roles or change careers completely.

I've spent the last two years learning how to be a professional writer and spending too long splitting my attention between novels and various freelance endeavors that would give more immediate income. I believe I'll show enough income by the end of the year for my wife and me to get childcare involved and get me more time to write/other author business stuff.

I have one book out right now, a cyberpunk novel called Download Initializing. I am just over 1/2 done with a LitRPG that I think has some unique qualities, but the market will be the true test. I'll try to visit this forum regularly, but with my writing colleagues and I using Facebook to stay connected the groups on there will likely see more of me.

That's all I guess. If you made it through, congratulations! You get another +5 Exp*!

*I have no way to actually give you more experience, these stats are here for flavor only.

Seagrim, Paul Bellow and Jay like this.
  2. Jay

Jay Hiatus. LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

30%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Welcome to the forum! And wow, that sucks that you had to halt your career like that, but it's awesome that you were able to turn to writing!

Looking forward to seeing you around on the forum and hearing more about your LitRPG!

Paul Bellow likes this.
  3. DJ Schinhofen

DJ Schinhofen Creator of Worlds. LitRPG Author Roleplaying Citizen Aspiring Writer

21%
    xp:
    Zone:
    The Void
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Welcome to the party, true Facebook can eat up the time to speak with colleagues but I still find this a good place to stop by once or twice a day and catch up with those who don't use the Book of Face.

Paul Bellow and Felicity Weiss like this.
  4. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Sounds like you'll fit right in. Welcome aboard.

5. Seagrim

Seagrim Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Greetings! Another grizzled vet arrives.

The old BBS days. What baud rate?

Paul Bellow and Jay like this.
  6. AdamMyhr

90%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I started with 1200 on an Amiga 500. I remember the first time I went 56k, it just sounded more powerful than the old 1200/2400 hooking in.

Alexis Keane, Paul Bellow and Jay like this.
  7. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I remember when 1200 was four-times faster than anything available. Heh. I started on the BBS scene too, though.

Alexis Keane likes this.
  8. Seagrim

Seagrim Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Had a c-128 and Apple 2c that I alternated back and forth with...used a 2400 baud modem on them.

9. AdamMyhr

90%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We had a 128, I never took it online though. It was largely my brothers, leaving me to the TI-99/4A instead. I got a 500 when he moved out in the early 90's. That thing worked for me through high school until I joined the Navy.