Zero Punctuation

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Yuli Ban, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen Aspiring Writer

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Anyone into this guy? I've always adored his brand of ultra-cynical nihilistic misanthropic British humor.
    If so, what was your favorite review or write-up by him?
    If not, why do you want to punch him the face?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  2. C.E. Keene

C.E. Keene Level 8 (Thug) LitRPG Author Citizen

88%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I like him overall, and have been watching his reviews for a loooong time.

I actually really appreciate how his opinion of the Soulsborne games has changed over time. His original review of Demon's Souls put the game on blast, but I believe he even says in a later series review that the newer games got him to go back and play (and enjoy) that one, which is always cool to see. A lot of critics don't admit that tastes and opinions are malleable.

Yuli Ban likes this.
  3. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I've not heard of him before...

4. Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen Aspiring Writer

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Oh boy oh boy, prepare yeself.

Here's a playlist that goes from newest to oldest, and I'd personally recommend starting from oldest. If you want a fairly old playlist that does go from oldest to newest (up to about 2015), there's this one.
    My personal favorite video of his is from his own personal account, a dramatic reading with his old flatmate of The Eye of Argon. I still listen to it from time to time.

Have you heard of the "PC Master Race" meme, at least? He's the guy who inadvertently started it.

He also wrote Mogworld, which I highly recommend. It's almost like a parody of LitRPG before LitRPG was even a thing.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  5. Simon Fiasco

Simon Fiasco Bringer of the Avocadopocalypse LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

16%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yahtzee is hilarious and his show, Zero Punctuation, has spawned so many copycats on YouTube. I have to admit, I haven't watched or listened to him in years, and had no idea about Mogword. I'll have to check that out.

6. Kidlike101

Kidlike101 Level 18 (Magician) Citizen

25%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Oh I've been following him from the beginning. I love his five minute reviews.

He wrote what, 4 books so far? His pure hatred towards the human race shows in them yet they're all so much fun to listen to!

I think his most optimistic one was (Will save the galaxy for food) though the most Litrpg like he had was Mogworld, a warcraft parody from 2012. I got that one recently, as amateurish as it was with contradictions and continuity errors within the same paragraph it was still a lot more creative than most books I've come across that follow a similar plot.

That guy is just fun!

Yuli Ban likes this.