[11/15/18] Changing Faces (New Game Minus #1)

Discussion in '2018 LitRPG Books' started by Sarah Lin, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Sarah Lin

Sarah Lin Level 10 (Filcher) LitRPG Author Citizen

56%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hello! I'm here to post about my recent book:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KMMT9TX/

I'll include the cover and synopsis, but here is a list of more specific reasons you might be interested:
    • The protagonist is an NPC, which I hope offers a fresh take on familiar genre tropes.

• He's locked into playing a "Barbarian" class, with only limited class abilities instead of magic.

• Don't want to spoil things, but he isn't the only bugged NPC to show up. Expect the characters to exploit the system once they come to understand it.

• This book offers a complete story, as in beginning/middle/end instead of a cliffhanger. I also pledge that if so much as one person buys the book, I'll definitely finish the trilogy, which will give the overall story arc a satisfying conclusion.
    [​IMG]

Synopsis:

Bloodwraith thought of himself as an effective villain, until a single adventurer destroyed his entire lair. With his last breath, he switched bodies with the adventurer and discovered that his world was built on lies. Alien beings from another dimension were using his world as a game... and now he was one of them.

The problem is, Bloodwraith has no experience being an adventurer. He was a mage, but his new body is only good at hitting things. He relied on undead minions, but now he has no choice but to depend on other people. And worst of all, strange boxes are constantly appearing in his vision, describing the world in unfamiliar, nonsensical terms.

Taking over the world is off the table, because the alien gods might be watching. To survive, Bloodwraith will need to learn the truth about himself and his world. And that means acting like an adventurer, at least for now.

Viergacht, Windfall and Paul Bellow like this.
  2. Gryphon

Gryphon Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Welcome and good luck!

Paul Bellow likes this.
  3. Sarah Lin

Sarah Lin Level 10 (Filcher) LitRPG Author Citizen

56%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Thank you very much!

4. Gryphon

Gryphon Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Np. This place has given me so much information and so many links I wouldn’t be where I was without them.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  5. Windfall

Windfall Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

25%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I love you already.

Paul Bellow and Sarah Lin like this.
  6. Viergacht

Viergacht Thunderdragon LitRPG Author Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

94%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Intriguing premise! I'm interested :)

Paul Bellow likes this.