[06/15/17] Hatchling: Wyvernette Book One

Discussion in '2017 LitRPG Books' started by Paul Bellow, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    B0721Z859R.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg As a Non-Psionic Contributor (NPC), Margot Hyland is fated to die on a weekly basis to greenskin raids on her hometown. Her life revolves around shoemaking, dying, respawning, and more shoemaking.

When Margot discovers a secret hidden in her family's basement, she realizes she has a chance to break that cycle. Now, with newfound abilities she'll have to learn to control, Margot must brave a harrowing journey ahead of her to defeat the Stronghold targeting her town.

Hatchling is the first book of Wyvernette, a fantasy LitRPG series.

Length: 285 pages

http://amzn.to/2rTyarn

2. Felicity Weiss

Felicity Weiss Musey Muse Muse Shop Owner Citizen

62%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Oregon
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Reminds me of Dolores's plight from Westworld. But yay, female protaganist! Looking forward to checking it out.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  3. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Female author too! Let us know what you think, please. :)

4. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    This is a pretty unconventional take on the genre. It reminded me at times of the SSS series, and at times of a conventional litRPG and made me feel a bit confused. I wouldn't call this a great novel, but it's not a terrible one either. It was fairly satisfying and I have the author on my Amazon Smile follow list to read #2 when it comes out.

The MC stumbles and trips along her path and kinda sorta accidentally might have discovered a Bad Thing. It's what tabletop GMs call failing forward. She was a bit bland for me, even though I could tell what the author was trying to go for as far as characterization is concerned. I think I'd rather see her actually have stayed an NPC or been a regular PC, not the weird sort of hybrid thing she ended up being. Still, overall it wasn't too bad of a read.