Alternity 2017 (Tabletop RPG)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by John Rickett, Sep 22, 2017.

1. John Rickett

John Rickett Level 7 (Cutpurse) LitRPG Author Citizen

10%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So, I'm showing my age here and hoping there's some peers for me to lean on, but does anyone remember the Alternity RPG produced by TSR games in the late 90s? If you didn't, think D&D in space. Or post-apocalyptic. Or in a computer...

Well, some good news: It's coming back! There's a kickstarter out there for it that was/is an overwhelming success.

And BETTER news: I playtested it. It's amazing.

For anyone that remembers it, one of the biggest downfalls of the system was the "Roll-low" rules. It was confusing to newer games, and rolling a 1 is just never as cool as rolling a 20. So, they've converted to a "Roll-high" system, really streamlined it and kicked it in the balls.

I'm now waiting for the postman to deliver it... and it's still a few months out.

HASHTAG STOKED!

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...rnity-2017-a-science-fiction-roleplaying-game

Paul Bellow and Seagrim like this.
  2. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I remember Star Frontiers (??) but not Alternity.

Sounds cool.

3. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    [​IMG]

Seagrim likes this.
  4. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Our graveyard is growing...

[​IMG]