Core Token

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by 2tymes, Feb 14, 2020.

1. 2tymes

2tymes Level 11 (Thief) Exiles Citizen

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Which core building do y’all think will be promoted? I’m thinking the library ( if that is what he chooses to build with the new core)

Joe Schmoe likes this.
  2. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Kinda hoping he uses it on a non core building actually.

The level 1 workshop being boosted to level 4 could really pay massive dividends. For all construction efforts around the mist village. (new blueprints that come in, walls, mage's tower, mana storage building, the other 3 power representative buildings, homes that aren't long houses etc.)

Alternately using it to make a mage's tower level 4 once he gets a blue print for it could pay massive dividends for unlock new PoP spells as well as regular spells

3. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I really like the Workshop at level 4. The others all became much more at level 3 and with sweet bonuses. Geez now that I think about it, there is probably a building tech cap due to the level of the Workshop.

lol I kinda feel bad for all these Engineers. There are a bunch of amazing buildings but the only level 1 building or higher to be built by them, is the workshop. If we take that away from them too, lol. Well maybe they won't complain when it is level four and they know they wouldn't be able to do that for years.

2tymes and ShoughtLoud like this.
  4. 2tymes

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That makes me wonder about the building that represents a lay line in your place of power and what building he could build with the token to take advantage of that.

5. 2tymes

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Maybe a level four dam. That represents water plus gives the village electricity

PokemonThug likes this.
  6. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    "For destroying a level 3 Core building: Free creation of any building that your settlement possesses the blueprint to create. The level of this building will be your settlement’s central building +2.

For destroying a level 4 Core building: Free Promotion of any Core settlement building which your settlement already possesses. This promotion can exceed the level cap imposed by the settlement’s central building (ie Townhall)." Book 8

I don't think he could get the level four dam.aybe, but that seem like a fairly advanced tech that needs to be gained first.

It is nice that he included "This promotion can exceed the level cap imposed by the settlement’s central building (ie Townhall)" for discussion though it is probably not relevant. He is not going to go above a level 3 core building.

Another issue is that unless he has the engineer make blueprints of his current buildings, he only has one. So I'm guessing he will find a blueprint in book 9 or obtain one HM. HM give us that those good blueprints!

7. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What sea of Kaos level would provide a blueprint? Any I suppose, but probably the same one he got the skill book. If the author wants to pull a high level blueprints out of nowhere, that would be the best place.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    Captain BlackJack likes this.
  8. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    "Congratulations! Your war party destroyed a level 4 Core building. For destroying such a powerful building, your War Party has gained a Core Token that can be used at the discretion of the War Leader. The number of levels the building possessed determines the max bonus from the Token."

"For destroying a level 1 Core building: Free Promotion of any non-Core settlement building which your settlement already possesses. This promotion can exceed the level cap imposed by the settlement’s central building (ie Townhall)"

"For destroying a level 2 Core building: Increase the bonuses of any non-Core settlement building by 25%."

"For destroying a level 3 Core building: Free creation of any building that your settlement possesses the blueprint to create. The level of this building will be your settlement’s central building +2 "

"For destroying a level 4 Core building: Free Promotion of any Core settlement building which your settlement already possesses. This promotion can exceed the level cap imposed by the settlement’s central building (ie Townhall)"

"This token can be summoned at any time by the War Leader. Once conjured, however, it must be used within 1 day. Only one of the above Token bonuses can be used."

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  9. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Which would you rather have?: (From known Buildings and Blueprints.
    1. Level 2 core Library*/Cauldron/Smithy
    2. Level 1 Library*
      1. Level 4 (Mana Storage)/(Research Facility)/(Goblin Hold)/(Mason Shop**)/(Logging Camp**)
    *: I think it is sure thing he will get a core library.
    **: If Research is finished on Construction

10. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Non-Core Building: Townhall

Upgrading the townhall isn't that amazing, but it offers one main bonus, the ability to make level 5 buildings. The second are the espionage and diplomacy bonuses, that would really start to build. Increasing the relationship of other settlements could be huge. Might also play into a second Village Speciaization. Of course the level 3 and 4 bonuses are only a guess.

If this means there is a second town hall, instead of an upgrade... probably not a good idea. Though I suppose the original could be combined or deconstructed.

Effect Level
    1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4

Max Building Level
    of other Settlement Buildings
    2 -> 3 -> 4 -> 5

Diplomacy Points
    Max DP/ Foreign Settlement
    1k -> 2.5 -> 5k -> 10k -> 20k

Taxes
    No Penalty
    (1-5%) -> (6-10%) -> (11-15%) -> (16-20%)

Morale and Loyalty
    +1 -> +2 -> +3 -> +4/day

Diplomats and Spies

Each
    2 -> 4 -> 6 -> 8
    Relationship rank with other settlements
    +1 -> +2 -> +3 -> +4 (wow)

Espionage
    Espionage Points/day
    10 -> 20 -> 30 -> 40
    Foreign Espionage
    -10% -> -20% -> -30% -> -40%

Housing and Storage
    Housing for people
    25 -> 50 -> 100 -> 200
    storage space
    100 -> 250 -> 500 -> 1000 units

Quest Rewards
    0 -> 25 -> 50 -> 100 XP/Day

Building Durability
    +0% -> +10% -> +20% -> +30%

Unrest Suppression (Goblinhold)
    less likely to Revolt or Plot against you
    +5% -> +10% -> +15% -> +20%

Max Trophies (Goblinhold)
    2 -> 5 -> 10 -> 20

Fear (Goblinhold)
    chance for attackers to be struck by Fear
    +0% -> +1% -> +2% -> +3%

1 or 2 new effects

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  11. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Everybody already knows my choice on the matter.
    Combine the core with the dungeon into growing dungeon, or after investigating with Hisako, Randy, & Roswan & book of dungoens etc.. and prepping the dungeon sac it to the dungeon woot woot, woka woka!!!

But before sacking create like 10 core building by allowing certain masters of their craft to work there for a day to create some op items and gear..
    then sac it!!!

option 2 would be to go for a flying core ship. Or as the smart guys say Core Keep// Core place of power.

12. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Non-Core Building: House of Scholarship

There is currently a level three House of Scholarship. Producing a level four building seems superfluous. There is also a +25% increase to all bonuses for the level three building. There just doesn't seem to enough bonus to consider it. The level one promotion would bring the building to lvl 4, but you might as well gain an additional building and deconstruct the original.

13. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Neither. The first one is infinitely better than the first, but wasting his one shot at adding a level to a core building on a level 1 building when he could use it later...

Captain BlackJack and Johan like this.
  14. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It can't be denied that is the best option in the long run for core building.

It is nice to see that core buildings are limited in level by the central building. How long will it take to reach level 3 on a core building?

15. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The thing about a free upgrade like the core token, is that you can make the argument that it is always better to wait for the next level. But Richtær says that wealth is meant to be used, thus it will be used when he comes back (unless Yoshi takes it first,... if there is only one).

Which core building could make use of the token the most? The sepulchre of vernik kunnig? Probably. Second for me would be the cauldron because of the rebirth root of the Hearth tree. Then either the core tree or core forgery (smithy), then library.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
  16. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Uncertain the sepulcher is actually a core building.

I think the cauldron is the most likely choice of existing buildings since somewhere along the leveling I'm almost positive that it will reduce the number of required ingredients to reproduce potions using the special ability. Also this should unlock the knowledge for leveling criteria for the cauldron which we still have not seen (I'm thinking it's gonna be pure and or philter strength potions made).

End of the day though, I agree, it will be used sooner rather than later.

17. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If you were Krom, would you rather have a core token used on "My Forge", or would you think your Lord didn't have enough faith in you to level it up on your own?

18. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The sepulcher isn't confirmed or even indicated to be a core building, there could be other ways to create buildings/ monuments of such power.

If I were to choose now, its likely i'd choose either the cauldron or the library. The forge has a clear path to the next level, the other two are complete unknowns. But really, i'd at least want to know what the requirements are to level them without using this special resource. Total waste to spend it on the library if the library levels up depending on researched tech or gathered lore, or the cauldron has relatively low leveling requirements.

19. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Does no one else want the sepulchre to be a core building?

20. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I kinda want it to be something else, a monument to kindir power that can be restored with sufficient efffort and can generate/ store far more summoning points than is currrently the case once returned to a pristine state. Something that will grrow with the kindir and the village.

Cire122 likes this.