Free Fantasy MMORPG Games 2017

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Paul Bellow, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    New post over at LitRPG Reads...

2. lordnova

lordnova Level 10 (Filcher) Roleplaying Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

90%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Mountain States
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    One of the reasons I quit playing free MMOs was the fact that they pretty much all became pay to win.
    I'd rather pay 10-15 a month for a game where everyone is on equal footing than get a free game where the guy that dumps hundreds of dollars into it has the biggest advantage.

Granted, I dont have the time to play any MMO so thats all moot now.

3. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yup. Free fantasy MMO gets a ton of traffic, though, so I'm trying to corral some of it by offering value.

I know what you mean about no free time. Until they come up with one that has time dilation. Heh.

4. lordnova

lordnova Level 10 (Filcher) Roleplaying Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

90%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Mountain States
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah. If I could pause time in order to get stuff done and play games that would be awesome!

5. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Come on, let's be realistic...Turn 30 minutes into 30 hours of game-time? Extra money per month to turn 30 minutes into 30 days game-time.

6. Seagrim

Seagrim Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I will only play games with a monthly fee. It keeps out the whiniest riff-raff, mostly because they consider it a mortal sin to pay for anything.

Also, I agree with Lord Nova, the free-to-play usually devolve into a pay-to-win fiasco. Oddly, the ones who are the whiniest about paying ten bucks a month, will whip out a credit card to pay a hundred bucks for the weapons and armor of Uber Chea Taur.

Apollos, lordnova and Paul Bellow like this.
  7. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Entropia, anyone? Haha. A couple people have cashed out in that realm...

8. Akneel the stubborn

Akneel the stubborn Level 5 (Veteran) Roleplaying Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I use to be able to play those games with a monthly subscriptions but I was just old enough when WoW and Eve online were taking off so i've played...(way too many hours cough cough) While I enjoy a new game and the idea of paying a subscription for a game I can't stand that micro-transaction are such a huge selling point. I use to be able put in the 30-120 hours of grinding or waiting on a weekly basis just for a chance to roll on that one weapon upgrade. Yet like so many others now that I am a father..My time is a little more focused on my family then it is on games, not that i'm complaining mind you :D.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  9. Laendrea

Laendrea Level 8 (Thug) Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

22%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I play Blade & Soul occasionally. It's beautiful, exciting and challenging. It's also an official e-sports game, therefore can't be pay to win. Most of the paid-for items are cosmetic or convenience. I'm a bit of a sucker for the cosmetic items lol

[​IMG]

Paul Bellow likes this.
  10. Felicity Weiss

Felicity Weiss Musey Muse Muse Shop Owner Citizen

62%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Oregon
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yas girl, same!