Hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MatatabiMitsu, Oct 22, 2018.

1. MatatabiMitsu

MatatabiMitsu Level 3 (Apprentice) Citizen Aspiring Writer

90%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hi there! My name's Matatabi Mitsu, though you can just call me Mitsu or Mata or whatever shortened version works best for you.

I'm a huge fan of Japanese web novels, many of which fit into the LitRPG genre. I have dreamed of writing my own net novel in Japanese, but I'm afraid my language skills aren't quite there yet. It's much easier to read it than to write it.

But, I'd hate to let my story idea(s) whither away, so I thought of writing them out in English. I had no idea that LitRPG was even a thing until I did some research. I'm very happy it does exist, though, because it fits my story idea very well. I'm very excited to introduce you all to the world I've created.

I know a lot of people here are published or aiming to be published, but my dreams are much smaller. I'm just hoping to find a good website to post my fiction to where it will be appreciated by fans of the genre. I don't really have the time to run my own blog or anything, so I'm planning to probably post my fiction on a net novel site of some sort. I know there are a few of those though I haven't yet studied the pros and cons of any of them. I'll need to ask for some advice in that regard.

My story idea probably won't be for everyone, it's a horror-themed LitRPG. I intend it to be quite disturbing, but in a way that should be entertaining to horror fans. Think Junji Ito.

But horror's not my only interest! I love anime of all sorts and Japanese novels (especially those that started on the web). I enjoy gaming (mainly JRPGs) and tabletop roleplaying (let me run you a game of Golden Sky Stories!) Aside from writing and gaming, I also enjoy miniature painting though I don't actually play any miniature wargames. I just paint them and sell them cheap at craft shows.

Whooo, that was wordy wasn't it? Well, look forward to writing with you all.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  2. Windfall

Windfall Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

25%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Welcome! :)

Paul Bellow likes this.
  3. Gryphon

Gryphon Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    One of us! One of us!

Paul Bellow likes this.
  4. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Welcome! Good to have you with us. Let me know if you have any questions. Enjoy your stay.