Help with Date A Live Novels

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga, Light Novels' started by tokisakikurumi, Feb 3, 2018.

1. tokisakikurumi

tokisakikurumi Level 3 (Apprentice) Citizen

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    First I wanted to apologize because this will be a long post. Date A Live is my all time favorite anime and I wanted to start collecting the novels, but ran into an issue when making a complete list of all the novels. I was using this page as a reference https://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Date_A_Live I assumed this was a complete list of all the novels that had the main story, side story, and non canon stories. However while on eBay I found several that weren't listed here, but couldn't find much info on them. Like a poster book, fan book that says it has a story in it, a book with Tohka holding a bat, then one with Tohka that says Chokiyomi. I also found a lot of items listed on other websites, that say 4p or booklet, that I can't find on there either. There is also these images that I found. There all the same illustration but the placement of Japanese characters are different. https://imgur.com/6vDvANd https://danbooru.donmai.us/data/sam...__sample-180f6fef58f51fdccc74454dc818a914.jpg I know one of them is a cover that came with Dragon Magazine May 2017, but I can't place what the other could be, or which one is the cover. I also found on Mandarake one with the same illustration but it's different again with the characters, and it says lotto prize. There was also a lotto prize one for Tohka as well. I do know there are a lot of special covers out there as well, so some of these could just be that, but there still were the booklets I found. I wanted to make sure there wasn't any I'm missing by going by the baka-tsuki list. I wanted to collect all the stories, even if some were not canon, I'm still interested in them. So I wanted to make sure all the ones I listed above weren't stories, and that there wasn't anything else out there that was. I know this is a long, post and asking a lot. Thanks for reading this, and any help provided.

2. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Good luck with that. There’s a lot of doujinshi at summer and winter comiket that you’ll never find, which could probably be an explanation for the differences you’re spotting while looking things up.

Your best bet would probably be to ask on some Japanese forums and chat rooms where the otaku gather to horse trade, or you could contact the mangaka directly.

3. tokisakikurumi

tokisakikurumi Level 3 (Apprentice) Citizen

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm fine without getting doujinshi. I'm just looking for official works. From what I can tell I found everything, but it's a matter of double checking. Also figuring out what a few of the things I found actually are, because information on them is limited.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  4. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Your best bet is still a Japanese Otaku site.

Paul Bellow likes this.