Looking for Street Team Members

Discussion in 'All Things LitRPG' started by ChristopherKerns, Jul 26, 2017.

1. ChristopherKerns

ChristopherKerns Level 5 (Veteran) LitRPG Author Citizen

17%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hi all - I have a new LitRPG novel coming out on August 8th titled SIDE QUEST. It's an adventure taking a team of gamers through multiple different VR game worlds.

I'm looking for people to add to my street team to help promote the book at launch.

I know there's a beta reader thread going, but I started this one because street teams are a bit different than beta readers. With a street team, you get an free advanced reader copy of the book, but you also agree to 1) write a review on publication date and 2) promote, tell your friends however you wish. You also get access to my street team private Facebook group with notes on the next book, previews, and other fun stuff.

If you're interested, please message me. I'd love to get you into the loop if you're interested and agree to the above.

Also, other authors looking for street team members, feel free to jump on this thread, talk about the rules of your team, etc. etc.

Thanks!

PJC, Felicity Weiss and Eden Redd like this.
  2. Jason

Jason Troll Lord Roleplaying Shop Owner Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

62%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Sounds neat. I'd have to read the book first before I would agree to promote it. I'm not famous so, I can't just blindly put my name on a product. I mean, imagine if your name and pic got stuck on a box of Wheaties... Everyone knows you're a sell out and a phoney because the product absolutely sucks.

3. ChristopherKerns

17%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    On the promote piece, I understand. But for the review piece, street teams strive for honest reviews, good or bad, and so that part is required in exchange for a free read before anyone else gets their hands on it.

Felicity Weiss and Jason like this.
  4. PJC

PJC Level 5 (Veteran) LitRPG Author Citizen

57%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hiya! @ChristopherKerns
    I think we had a nice twitter chat about your cover a while back. Love that cover. I'm hoping to release Book 3 of R9C around the same time you are, but right now, I'm nearly hopelessly behind schedule.

Anyway, I am happy to do some retweeting and some Facebook posting. My footprint is very small on social media... but every little bit helps.

I'll watch this thread for direction around our mutual release times. Also, you can tag me on twitter or PM me here or on Twitter whenever you want to retweet or repost/share/etc.

Just let me know.

5. ChristopherKerns

17%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Thanks - yes, let's stay connected over the next few weeks and coordinate some mutual awesomeness!

Felicity Weiss, PJC and Paul Bellow like this.
  6. PJC

PJC Level 5 (Veteran) LitRPG Author Citizen

57%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hells yeah! Indie authors MUST stick together. Good luck to you. :)

Felicity Weiss and Paul Bellow like this.