Pokemon LitRPG

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Cadwe, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Cadwe

Cadwe Arrogant cheeky Dragon Lord Roleplaying Shop Owner Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

4%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Paris (France)
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hi all,

When people ask "What game would you like to live in?" Pokemon was always my go-to answer.

Did someone ever thought of a pokemon like LitRPG? That could be cool!

Felicity Weiss likes this.
  2. lordnova

lordnova Level 10 (Filcher) Roleplaying Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

90%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Mountain States
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    As much as I liked those games, I would not want to live in that world.
    Can you imagine what it would be like visiting a friend in a near by town, and having some wild monster jump out of the trees and throw fire or lightning at you?

I'm not as well versed in the genre of LitRPG as a lot of the others, but I've never seen any stories combining litRPG and Pokemon. Though if they do exist, they are probably in the realm of FanFiction, so not publishable.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  3. Cadwe

Cadwe Arrogant cheeky Dragon Lord Roleplaying Shop Owner Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

4%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Paris (France)
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well it is the same with wolves, goblins and the like, no?

Yes, there is a licensing issue. However the concept would be nice I beleive

Paul Bellow likes this.
  4. Ian Mitchell

Ian Mitchell Level 15 (Guardian) LitRPG Author Roleplaying Shop Owner Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    having done live action pokemon battling at cons with my family a couple of times...
    [​IMG]

Cadwe likes this.
  5. Cadwe

4%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Paris (France)
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Love it! what were the rules?

6. Ian Mitchell

Ian Mitchell Level 15 (Guardian) LitRPG Author Roleplaying Shop Owner Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    don't hurt the other player, if someone does an attack should react to it. I was umbreons trainer (I was in the green, my son ben was umbreon), pikachu's my wife. the red trainer is my other son Gabe.
    I had people find me after the event to tell me how impressed they were because I sounded just like the anime shouting out my orders (yes I hurt my voice for a bit shouting out my commands while hearing a battle from the anime in my head). was pretty cool. have done several of those over the years. (and yes I borrowed my kids link costume while in line).

Paul Bellow likes this.