Richter to Become a God

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by R.I.C.H.T.E.R, Nov 12, 2020.

1. R.I.C.H.T.E.R

R.I.C.H.T.E.R Level 7 (Cutpurse) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

94%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don't know if this is the right place to be making this thread, so let me know if im wrong. I was listening to Monsters I heard about the God node that was received as the villages legendary perk for advancing their specialty to lvl5, and it made me think that the God node could connect the Mist Village to Telos. When the Dungeon received the master node I figured that would be how Richter eventually goes back to earth, but could AK be setting it up to send Richter to Telos to become a God?

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  2. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It's the right place :)

It's a possibility but is just travelling there enough?

3. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I have a feeling our protagonist starts out as a god.

4. S'ahelas

S'ahelas Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What is Telos?

5. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Part of the new series /book (God's Eye)

6. R.I.C.H.T.E.R

94%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don't think just traveling there is enough, but once there I think he might end up in the God's Battle Royale.

7. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I doubt that Richter will become a God that way, (If he should ever become a God it would likely be by a much longer route, although I suspect that he won't ever become a God persay, but possibly something similar but maybe more like the Higher Courts Entities?), but in time (probably a fair bit of time) that he might very well get in touch/contact with the New Earthling God somehow, either after The Lands Gods return or as part of getting them to Return?

8. R.I.C.H.T.E.R

94%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I do think that it will take a long time, but I think its possible for him to eventually become a God. Just now thinking about it though, what if the God node is a conduit for the Gods to return to the land? It was mentioned that the Gods were banished by the Exiles, that could have been done by removing all of the God nodes in the land. I know that would be an insanely huge undertaking given the scale of the Land, but compared to the other cataclysms I would say its possible.

As a side note, I'm still kinda confused on the difference between Gods, the Dark and Light Courts, and the Exiles.

As a side, side note, where did everyone get the Exiles tag for their accouts?

9. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I got this, but for the sake of simplicity I'm not including anything from gods eye.

Dark and light courts are diametrically opposed beings that existed from what we can consider the beginning. They are called "The Originals". They liked to party a little too hard when they fought and when they clashed one time it almost tore reality itself apart. Reality didn't like that one bit, so it slapped em with an eviction notice. Reality itself put both courts into a new dimension from which there is no escape, and where they couldn't threaten the universe with their battles.

Through time as they fought in the new space, they realized they were so evenly matched that it was exactly a 1:1 ratio of kills to deaths for both sides. So they started having a bunch of kids to fight for them instead. These kids are called the Exiles, and are also massively powerful. They are also locked in the same prison as the Originals. The Exiles are also part of the courts which they were born (I think, no confirmation on whether membership is exclusive to the Originals).

The prison dimension is locked by the Land. The land and its residents generate the magic required to keep the courts all locked up and cozy.

Gods are a completely different set of beings. Gods of the Land started on the Land. They get the majority of their power, not from being supremely powerful themselves (though they might be), but from the worship of other denizens of the Land.

Aleron used to have a forum site up based on this one, but he took it down and left us stranded. Mr @Paul Bellow was kind enough to make us a special tag when we migrated here.

Johan, Paul Bellow and Dragon like this.
  10. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Think of the Courts as (Greek Mythology wise) being Universe Strength Uber Titans (of varying strength and capabilities, the Exiles are weaker versions of them but still immensely powerful) they are just inherently super powerful, while Gods (at least those of The Land) gain much of their lower from the Faith of their Followers, somewhat similar to the Pratchetts Disc Worlds Gods like that. We will probably find out more in Gods Eye.

11. R.I.C.H.T.E.R

94%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That makes a lot of sense then, the Land created the Gods to help protect the Land. The Exiles then banished the Gods in order to weaken the Land.

Is there a way to still get it? I was really only an active lurker on the old forum.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
    Dragon and Captain BlackJack like this.
  12. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Don't forget about demigods being a thing and apparently still present in the land though asleep for reasons unknown. If Richter did as much damage to the exile cause (weakening the Banishment locally) in the peninsula as I think he did, we may see a few off those waking up soon, not just stirring as they did at the beginning off the age of chaos. I imagine that would really, really piss off both courts. It could also get the squads off of Richter's back if they are suddenly needed to subjugate a demigod.

13. R.I.C.H.T.E.R

94%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I didn't know anything about demigods? We know that the dark court(?) sent a plague squad to investigate the peninsula, but we haven't heard anything about that for like 2 books.

Edit: I've been drinking so idk if what I'm saying makes since.

14. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    According to Aleron we will be seeing more of the Plague Squad in the next Land Book, but he wouldn't day how much we will see if them?

If the DemiGods had already become Weakened enough due to lack of Worshippers then it's possible that they might have fallen into a Deep Sleep as a way of sort of Self Protection for themselves, especially if they where Injured in some type of conflict as well to allow themselves a chance to recover, and if they where in this State when the The Lands Gods where Banished then it's possible that the Banishment simply missed including then because they where to weak and to inactive to be detected by whatever Banished the Gods, basically they were left behind by mistake and poor implementation of the Banishment system?

Belgared likes this.
  15. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I’m down with Hero’s but why does this series need to go God level so fast? I am out with it. Demi-gods and God’s shouldn’t come into place until the end of this series. He might as well introduce machines, machine guns, fighter jets, and NUCLEAR bombs with those GODS.

R.I.C.H.T.E.R likes this.
  16. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ah but demigods span the range from empowered mortal to arguably stronger than true gods. If a demigod does awake within the next few books, my money is on said demigod being the one in need of help instead of the other way around.

I'm hopeful the faith mechanic will come into play soonish. Resurrection spells and priests would level the playing field a little between natives and chaos seeds.

17. R.I.C.H.T.E.R

94%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I agree, Richter can't just constantly accumulate more power. There needs to be a point where things stagnate and require true time and effort to continue leveling/gaining power. If he continues at the rate he's going, I feel like god/demigodhood is the only result.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
  18. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What types(domain) of (Demi)God/s do you think he might possibly be willing to Believe(/Follow)? I suspect most likely some type of Luck God (probably with some type of minor Chaos Alignment), or possibly a benign Trickster God, or a God of Magic &/or Crafting.

R.I.C.H.T.E.R and ShoughtLoud like this.
  19. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Something benevolent enough that Richter will actually trust it with his and the villagers faith, despite his hangups seems like the obvious goto, power and usefullness being secondary concerns as said being(s) would have at least some dominion over their souls. The exiles and the darker gods might offer more immidiate personal power which is always a big draw, but I think Richter is too smart to serve them. Neutral gods might be acceptable, but they would probably have a tendency towards being more selfish than the good gods, which would trigger Richter's paranoia.

Aleron despite the grimmer elements of the books, has a history of putting extremely benevolent creatures in the village. I wouldn't be surprised if some demigod unicorn with zero combat power but a bond to pixies and sprites happened to come along. It wouldn't necesarily add to the combat powers of the village, but there could be other benefits such as a stronger bond to nature.

Perhaps the quickening can serve as their god? Many ancient cultures had holy trees, and very few beings are more trustworthy than the quickening.

R.I.C.H.T.E.R and ShoughtLoud like this.
  20. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah I could see Aleron writing in a unicorn. It would grant 1,000 % bonus to the villages feeling of well being and make the all beyond reproach to doubt effects, fear, and anger. It would also grant a 500% bonus to everyone’s health along with 150% increase in good luck. It would probably make it more likely for celestial creatures to find the celestial tree. Which was another bonus for each type of celestial living around the tree.

Isn’t the tree somewhat a worship-able tree now? All the Sprites Immediately drop to it and the Pixies. As soon as the word spreads among all of the Sprites in the Land the Mist Village will be their Mecca.

Ricthers under ground chapel with its defaced statute should fill the purpose in time if luck has it. Ricthers luck is sure to make it important enough to be there. If not why did Aleron write it in? He uses humans race stats for enough filler along with other stats not to just need it as filler.