LOL What is a tavern without... someone sharing photos of their pets?

Discussion in 'The Tavern' started by Larakel, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Larakel

Larakel Level 14 (Defender) Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

26%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Newbie Island
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    f7448627b3c563d7e49a5c617e5cd811.jpg

This is Jaspar and I lurves him...

Eden Redd, Seagrim and Paul Bellow like this.
  2. Jason

Jason Troll Lord Roleplaying Shop Owner Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

62%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    My mutt.

Attached Files:

Seagrim and Felicity Weiss like this.
  3. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    [​IMG]

This is my dog, Penny. She's got like five dog beds, but still prefers her old ratty uhaul blankets.

She also scares the crap out of everyone because she barks at strangers until they give her cookies. I think that method of introducing people to her has ... kinda barkfired.

Felicity Weiss likes this.
  4. Tom Gallier

Tom Gallier Level 15 (Guardian) LitRPG Author Citizen

19%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don't have a dragon. <gusty sigh> But I have killer Yorkies.

I[​IMG]

5. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Any dog small enough to fit in a microwave isn't a pet. It's a snack. A PET, on the other hand, is big enough to saddle up and ride into a cavalry charge.

Felicity Weiss and Tom Gallier like this.
  6. Seagrim

Seagrim Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    By that standard, I would need to have a grizzly bear for a pet.

"They shall no longer be called trespassers, but shall now be called bear buffet."

CheshirePhoenix likes this.
  7. Kidlike101

Kidlike101 Level 18 (Magician) Citizen

25%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So you're saying my human doesn't count because I don't over feed him. rude!!!! He's weight is within average and I have him VERY well trained ;)

Felicity Weiss likes this.
  8. DJ Schinhofen

DJ Schinhofen Creator of Worlds. LitRPG Author Roleplaying Citizen Aspiring Writer

21%
    xp:
    Zone:
    The Void
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Change the pronoun to her and I would have said the same thing. Heh.:cool:

9. Viergacht

Viergacht Thunderdragon LitRPG Author Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

94%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    [​IMG]

From front to back:
    Tequila
    Bartleby (brown) Aly (grey)
    Oscar Wildecat (short hair) Minuit (longhair)
    Not shown: Atreyu

They usually don't throng like this, but it was down near freezing that night and they all wanted to sleep by the panel heater.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  10. Tom Gallier

Tom Gallier Level 15 (Guardian) LitRPG Author Citizen

19%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Wow, that's a whole lotta.... cats.

Viergacht and Paul Bellow like this.
  11. Viergacht

Viergacht Thunderdragon LitRPG Author Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

94%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    *sigh* Yeah, I'm the distaff version of a Crazy Cat Lady. It started 13 years ago with Oscar, who my one sister rescued from the back of a truck when he was a kitten and hand raised, and then when he was a little older, one of my other sister's co-workers found Aly, who'd been taped in a box and thrown in a dumpster. I figured they'd keep each other company while I was at work. Then, before I could get them neutered, I lost my job . . . and my sis noticed Aly was "getting really fat". So then I had a litter of kittens. It was hard finding homes for them because this was right at the beginning of the big economic crash in the States, so I ended up keeping Bart and Minnie because I couldn't bear to take them to a shelter.

Then a few years ago, my dear friend Alida, who was a well-known cat breeder here in SA, arranged a rescue from someone who'd decided to stop breeding and found herself with a LOT of cats in poor condition. I offered to help out, and took in Tequila and her two kittens - at the time Tequila had mange, fleas, malnutrition, weeping eyes because of an inrolling eyelid that needed surgery, and the previous owner had let her get matted and then cut off two of her little cat boobies when inexpertly shaving her. Anyways, by the time the babies were old enough to leave, I'd fallen in love with Tequila, who is the absolute sweetest thing on earth. And this past year, Alida suffered a series of strokes during which, in the scramble of taking care of her, no one noticed two of her elderly breeder cats managed to get it on, and the mom wasn't able to produce milk. One of the kittens died, and I took the other, Atreyu, who wqas suffering a very bad respiratory and eye infection (baby cats get almost all of their immune protection from the mom's milk until they're about 9 weeks old). Atreyu pulled through, but sadly Alida passed away at the beginning of July, and I kept him in memory of her.

And that's why I have so many, many cats :) Except Atreyu they're all bejaarde so they pretty much sit around like throw pillows all day, they're not much of a fuss to take care of.

Paul Bellow and Felicity Weiss like this.
  12. DJ Schinhofen

DJ Schinhofen Creator of Worlds. LitRPG Author Roleplaying Citizen Aspiring Writer

21%
    xp:
    Zone:
    The Void
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Cuddle Puddle.....

Viergacht likes this.