What new litrpg/progression elements will Richter discover next?

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Mister Bill, Apr 13, 2023.

1. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

64%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Aleron has been throwing in new things (like cultivation and tiers and such) like crazy so I figured I would ask. What do you all think is next in the series, whenever it comes out?

2. AndyJ

AndyJ Level 12 (Rogue) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    In the year 2086, when book 9 comes out, Aleron Kong III will introduce "respec" when he reboots the whole series because he doesn't understand the pop culture references his grandfather wrote about.

3. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think this is a great topic. Maybe we should stelart with a little summary of already introduced cultivation elements.

Tiers - this is interesting because at the surface it just looks like an extension of leveling, once you hit a level cap you move up a tier, but he worked in the idea of a power core which is forged by the accumulated actions and decisions of your life. Definitely a cultivator vibe.

Body enhancement with external essence (so far only available in a short window of time to those who attain a legendary tier evolution.) Richter has the opportunity to enhance himself with tier 2 essence right now.
    I assume if he gets back to the village he will fill the rest of his tier 2 essence pool with quickening fruit and get an op celestial bonus.

We dont have a word for it yet but there is another layer to the power core advancement that separates mortal power cores from demon cores and gods divine cores.

Is there anything else? Im not sure that the combat expertise really fits because it follows a very ridgid percentage based progression with limited attacks and effects.

Now my guess would be some way to work in the other major cultivation theme of cycling. It would most likely relate to the four refillable bars Richter has access to, mana, health, stamina, bloodline.
    Mana was already hinted at. Proper mana manipulation improves mana conduits with a range of potential benefits.

Im guessing there are similar mechanisms that can improve use of stamina health and bloodline.

Mister Bill and Drasius like this.
  4. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

64%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think he’ll throw something totally new in like he did dungeon stuff the book before. I’ve no idea what but I’m guessing it’ll be some current trend in litrpg.

5. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    LOL