[10/01/17] Thursday

Discussion in '2017 LitRPG Books' started by Paul Bellow, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    B0763GLQ14.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg NOTE: Interesting... this one comes up for LitRPG search (they're using keywords), but it's not on the cover. Also, a big publisher / author...

In a virtual reality world of griefers, trolls, and anonymous terrorists, no one can tell what is real or who is pulling the strings

Gabby Syme is a VR agent for Savannah, the virtual reality network that covers the world. Taking advantage of a sudden opportunity, she is able to infiltrate the Supreme Council, the anonymous group of terrorists who wish to destroy the Savannah network. With each member named for a day of the week, the Council meets on a fantasy VR server, where Gabby goes undercover to take on the role of Thursday.

Despite discovering that no one is who they say they are and nothing is what it seems, Gabby is still able to close in on the leader of the group, the mysterious and terrifying Sunday.
    But nothing can prepare her for what she finds.

Thursday is a reimagining of G.K. Chesterton’s astonishing thriller The Man Who Was Thursday, named one of the 100 best fantasies of all time in Michael Moorcock’s survey of the field. Jake Kerr has combined intrigue, virtual reality, and gaming culture in an apocalyptic setting that takes one of the best fantasies of all time and moves it into the realm of VR and cyberpunk.

2. Tom Gallier

Tom Gallier Level 15 (Guardian) LitRPG Author Citizen

19%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I lay claime to "TGIF" as a title.

3. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I briefly dated a girl back in high school who was named Thursday. And then a year or two later, I dated a girl named Tuesday.

She was great. I wonder whatever happened to her?