[12/06/17] Project Alpha: Book 1

Discussion in '2017 LitRPG Books' started by Paul Bellow, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    B077YV7S2W.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg Anthony Tinoco is just an average guy looking forward to his first day at college. Unfortunately, he gets lost on the huge campus and when he follows a hot girl to what he thinks may be his first class, he’s accidentally introduced to a new world full of action and adventure. A world that exists in parallel with our own, the System. Now Anthony is getting new skills for doing every day tasks, gaining levels from fighting monsters, and experiencing adventures he never thought possible.

Not everyone is happy to see someone like Anthony with these new powers and is willing to do whatever it takes to stop him from using them. Including murder.

Will he be able to handle these strange new powers? Or will his enemies win and force him back to his normal boring life?

http://amzn.to/2BYKZWC

Ian Mitchell likes this.
  2. PeterM99

PeterM99 Level 8 (Thug) Citizen

48%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I just finished this one, and it's pretty good. It's both mostly light in tone and set on modern Earth, two qualities I'd love to see more of in other litrpg books. The humor can probably be best described as hit or miss, but it worked for me and was definitely written in such a way that it's okay to laugh at the main character rather than with him, which I think was pretty smart.

The ending was somewhat rushed and not as strong as the rest of the book, and the one-sentence wrap ups of dangling plot threads at the very end were probably the weakest part of the whole book, but overall it was a good read and managed to resolve its plot while still leaving things open for the sequel. Can't ask for much more than that.

CheshirePhoenix and Paul Bellow like this.