[7/11/2020] Etinhym: Path of Graves

Discussion in '2020 LitRPG Books' started by EA Hooper, Jul 13, 2020.

1. EA Hooper

EA Hooper Level 6 (Footpad) LitRPG Author Citizen

63%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    A new release from the author of the World-Tree Trilogy! Etinhym: Path of Graves.

https://amzn.to/2Zn9xHy

[​IMG]

Blurb:

“The Light Pantheon rules from above. The Dark Pantheon rules from below. Together, they defeated the other divine races and became the masters of Etinhym.”

Eadric is the son of the Grave Queen, but he was raised in the Crown Realm as part of the alliance between the two pantheons. After reaching the age of eighteen, he’s finally able to choose the Path that will allow him to acquire demigod abilities and explore the many realms of Etinhym. Although his goal is to become a Grave Lord, serving under his mother, he finds himself following the trail of a conspiracy that threatens the Divine Pact that has kept the jotuns, the valkyries, the greater demons, and the dragons from uniting against the gods.

Eadric’s story will take him through strange realms—from a spatially disjointed forest that twists and turns on itself to a living ocean of blood and even a skyscape full of floating castles. He’ll also have to face off against strange monsters, corrupted spirits, and even towering abominations. If he fails, then the war that follows will likely be the last war Etinhym ever sees—a war that will surely lead to the extermination of the human race.

Other Info:

*This is a native born litrpg (the character is a demigod born into a setting where the magic system is rpg based).

*There's a Heart System. Although it sounds Zelda-esque, it might be more comparable to the Deathblow System in Sekiro. Anything that would "kill" a normal human deals one Heart of damage, but divine/supernatural beings have spells and abilities that can dish out Heart damage directly.

*A pretty interesting history, mythos, and realms I spent a long time designing.

*Some village upgrading later in the book. Planning to do more in book 2.

*Four of the bosses later in the book are cat spirits based on my and my wife's real life cats.

*The MC starts off abrasive but grows over the course of the story. So, don't let his bad attitude at the start turn you away. lol

2. theritualist9

theritualist9 Level 6 (Footpad) Citizen

38%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Cool one Hooper, liked it, when is the next one coming? As mentioned kinda hated the MC at start.

3. EA Hooper

EA Hooper Level 6 (Footpad) LitRPG Author Citizen

63%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Glad you enjoyed it for the most part. Book 2 should be out sometime next year. Maybe spring or early summer. I have another book that's a bit different from Etinhym that I was working on at the same time. Right now, I'm actually trying to finish that one first so I can publish it by the end of this year.