Absorbing Tier 2 Energy (body-strengthening).

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Andrew Lynas, Feb 6, 2020.

1. 2tymes

2tymes Level 11 (Thief) Exiles Citizen

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I know they’re probably not tier 2, but seeing as how his body is in flux he could try eating one of the spider eggs. And I would imagine his body is more receptive to change from the quickening fruit

i know he used it for the dragons Calderon but this seems like it would’ve been another good use of the glass dragon blood.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  2. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If he found another chaos particle. Would it be better to absorb points, advance bloodline, or advance one of his in flux parts?

3. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Flux most likely, points are gonna be a dime a dozen for him soon. Blood Line... I'm thinking the blood essence was a hint that he's gonna need blood related stuff or things that he harvests from slain enemies using his blood line. Don't think a CP applies there

4. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Having try and Absorb a Chaos Particle sounds like a good idea, either it will help with his Ranking or his Flux Quest, but would it give something in particular or a Random Benefit?

I also like the Ideas of him Absorbing a Psi Crystal, would almost guarantee helping to increase his Psionic potential, presuming he can Absorb it. Condensed Crystal might be best, or better yet Condensed Blood Crystal.

Also like to see what Absorbing a Life Root and a Quickening Fruit would give him?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
  5. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Someone else briefly mentioned psi crystals. Absorbing those should effect mind. My guess is it would be improved Psi attack/defense and improved resistance to the use of deep magics...especially blood.

6. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If those choking vines have some seed pods, it would be worth while to eat those. Maybe gain snap reflexes?

Waterhobit likes this.
  7. Commander Azure

Commander Azure Level 8 (Thug) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm pretty sure Darkstone is Tier 2...

8. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It is, it's an Evolved(?)/Transmuted form of MoonStone Metal created by Infusement of Dark Mana in to the Tier 2 Metal DarkStone. Makes me wonder if MoonStone was Infused with Light Mana instead would it then possibly Transmute into SunStone?

Necronium is also a Transformed Tier 2 Metal altered by Death Mana, but not sure what it was originally, possibly Cobalt?

9. Commander Azure

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That would be interesting. I wonder if that also works for other tier 1 metals. Also, what do you think would happen if the Dragon's Cauldron produced a piece of glass with alteration points and Richter absorbed it? Glass is evolved the same way.

10. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It'd be dragon glass too! I want to see dragonkin 3 since we wont be getting driake..

11. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So are we assuming level 2 metals are in fact tier two metals?

12. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Dragonkin 3 will be awesome. I look forward to some hilarious kobold reactions.

13. Commander Azure

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think so

Andrew Lynas and Joe Schmoe like this.
  14. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Will be interesting to see how it Changes his and Alma's Hybrid Form (I'm betting Wings and possibly Tail), and how it might also effect their Bond and shared abilities. And for that matter how it might effect him Physically and Magically even in his normal Human Chaos Lord state. I'm also curious to see how Alma has Changed after her Evolution and what new Physical, Magical and Mental abilities she now has, plus how those will effect their shared Form.

15. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    hope not. there is no need for tier two objects or that they even exist. the bean pods were not tier two.

Cire122 likes this.
  16. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I agree, he should get some upgrades to messeji due to her (& his) evolution. The passive upgrades could be even more valuable though, depending id there is anything special for reaching lvl 3

17. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    My take is that richter will develop abilities (plural) if he absorbed enough energies to create them. The more focused the percentage the more powerful those abilities will be. I think it is also likely that getting any ability will require at least 50% much like getting a skill. Which would automatically limit what you can get. I am of course basing this belief of previous mechanics and more than a little wishful thinking

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  18. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That could work

Basically I just want him to gain multiple things. So far his only real bonus is the liege to vassal thing he can do now. (I am not gonna count plot Chaotic Aura as a bonus because he was already the main character, cleary it's been doing its job already)

All his other ascensions (minus the basic bitc*) gave real, immediate power bonuses that could help him immensely. Thought magic; doubled bonuses and immunity to his four basic elements with halfed physical damage; scale armor claw weapons, glide time that turns to flight etc.

Yes they had their individual drawbacks : larger helmets needed, stay in mist domain, and everyone you know will fear/ hate you and your predecessors. But they made him more powerful straight out the gate and not just a by a little bit. Tier 2 needs more pizzazz right now

Cire122 likes this.
  19. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Tier 2 allows him to have chaotic vassals and not much else. Said vassals can leave whenever they feel like it and as far as we know there is no drawback to whispering - i'm leaving - a second before planting a dagger in Richter's back.

20. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I am sure there will be a draw back of some kind to leaving. There has to be a rather nice benefit to becoming a vassal to start with. So losing that is a start.