Absorbing Tier 2 Energy (body-strengthening).

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Andrew Lynas, Feb 6, 2020.

1. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It's almost a guarantee he'll find something for evolving either his spirit or mind. That or it will be his additional reward for making it to the end of the 25 day Flux quest.

I do think a couple of abilities might be out, as they might be covered under Randy's ominous mention of

Screenshot_20200602-184932.jpg

Joe Schmoe and Johan like this.
  2. Michael Clack

Michael Clack Level 5 (Veteran) Exiles Citizen

17%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Awesome. This might be more of a tier 3 thing, but I would love to see your shape shift allow for disguise creation. What's the X-men blue girls name? Something like that, though. Imagine Richter using this with gift of tongues to infiltrate vampires or something!

3. Cire122

Cire122 Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Regeneration might be one of the least imaginative and might come with a weakness to fire countered by his dragon mark, but would be insanely powerful.

Not being able to heal during the lich battle or when his bloodline is active was a major problem. Monsters like trolls and the worm are really tough to take down.

For example if you have seen Van Helsing one of the most terrifying thinks about Dracula was seeing him get hurt and watching him casually walk toward you ready to kill you as you see him healing. Wolverine showing pain, but keep coming too is another great example.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  4. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Mystique.

Michael Clack likes this.
  5. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Gaining an Ability that allows for the Temporary Shuffling of Stats Points, say a certain Percentage from one or more can be moved to another Stat or Stats. That would be very useful and would make you very adaptable to deal with different situations, even if you can only do so a couple of times a day.

Joe Schmoe likes this.
  6. Michael Clack

17%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I thought of something similar, however I was thinking something along the lines of a chaotic spell that shuffles stats temporarily. Adding or subtracting at random. It seems like a funny chaotic spell that could lead to funny situations

7. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    One good Chaos Spell of like Aleron to give Richter is 'Chaos Bolt', a Level 1 Spell that fire a projectile of Chaos charged energy that also adds Randomly an additional effect and damage (very rarely more then one). Can be a Fire, Water, Air, Dark, Blood, Spirit, Gravity, Fey, ect, effect, or just Chaos. More likely to be a Basic Magic but can be pretty much any Magic type. Usually comparable to a Level 1-3 magic spell but can very rarely be stronger, and is usually an Offensive Effect but can also less often can actually have a Random Beneficial Effect, like Healing, Cure Poison, Improved Defence, ect. Or a Random Miscellaneous or Utility Spell Effect like Glow, Grow, Slow, Levitate, Slippery, Haste, Clean, Tighten, Loosen, Mend, ect. Also can have very small slightly random change in Mana Cost, Duration and Range. A Pot Luck Spell.

8. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The kindir kings bolt of chaos level 1
    80% chance of triggering random damage from one of the lower elements, divided with a 10% for each. 15% chance of a deeper element addon divided equally between the 3 deep powers. 5% chance of triggering any other power.

As a drawback, life addon restores living creatures, death all forms of undead. Vampires and other living death are healed by both.

additionally, + 10% chance of the spell backfiring.

9. Michael Clack

17%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I feel like most chaos spells should do that. Also, have you ever played Baldurs Gate EE? There is a chaotic mage on there and she can infuse her other spells with chaos that does almost exactly that. If I remember it right, you cast the chaos one first then immediately after cast the second one. I love that idea too. For example, Richter casts chaotic infusion on himself then casts fireball. Most often, a deadlier version of fire ball would happen (ranked up maybe. Basic to minor and so on) but occasionally birds would fly out of your hand or you summoned a demon that wiped out your party.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  10. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 12 (Rogue) Citizen

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    As I was listening to book 8 for the first time, after having read it previously, I found myself wanting to slap Richter. Why did he already absorb the Ravager Wurm Blood Essence. I know he needs to absorb 100 points of tier 2 material, but he has 25 days. He will run across more tier 2 items, and will likely make it back to the MV in time to pick through all of his items and ingredients there. If he ends up having more than enough materials or completes the quest before the timer runs out, he is really going to be kicking himself. There is no way that the blood essence would not have unlocked something super cool in the dungeon.

He can just hold onto stuff like this and then absorb it later if he decides he needs to.

11. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The blood essense could also have been used to evolve his necromantic bloodline. While it would take a long time to gather enough, it would be interesting to see what happens if one mostly uses blood essense from life to upgrade it. Might it change in nature and take on a life aspect?

Richter currently has another 3 such wurms he can harvest for blood essense as well as the special flesh (pretty sure that stuff has some amazing properties Richter cannot see yet). I would spend any essense he gets on increasing the chance of getting passive regeneration though, it could be a very useful trait.

ShoughtLoud and Cire122 like this.
  12. Michael Clack

17%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I wonder why Richter doesn't use his blood magic to unlock some spells for enchanting. Sounds like there is a lot of blood on the ground

Joe Schmoe and Cire122 like this.
  13. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He has already boosted his magical power significantly with blood magic, and as off the end of the fight is using it to puppeteer a tier 2 ravager wurm. We know from book 7 that too much blood power can turn you into a frenzied killer, which in turn leads to more blood and even greater levels of bloodfrenzy. I imagine that eventually you crash HARD.

Long story short, maybe he is trying to limit his use of blood magic to prevent negative consequences? Could also be a realization that the orcs are very much a threat and that they might even have reinforcements on the way.

14. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 12 (Rogue) Citizen

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I read your first sentence and was about to remind you of the penalty. But then you proposed a very interesting theory. I'm on board with it. If the dungeon were to develop a lair for such creatures, it is quite reasonable to assume that Richter could farm for the necessary resources.

Actually, the orcs were chugging potions, i bet he could use their empty bottles to collect some blood from the ground before using his bloodline harvest.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  15. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Indeed, now that he has a Pouch of Holding and possible access to Vials and such he is much more likely to start collecting Blood Samples, as well as Tissue Samples (like the baby Scorpions and (V)Wurm bits) for the Dungeon.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2022
  16. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Consume creatures that have an ability to Harvest, thus increasing his own harvesting skill.
    Now there are two possibilities:
    • Increased chance and quality of harvested items/material
    • Ability to gain a trait form a creature that you have harvested. f.e. fire hesitance from a drake
    And I bet If Richter would absorb creatures really well aligned to his Ghost Bloodline, the bonuses would be bigger, so where can he find these ghosts..

17. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    i'm assuming the absorb a trait has a 90% chance of absorbing a negative/ incompatible trait and no option to deny? ;)

Harvesting is a way to condense monster energy into loot, but I very much doubt Aleron is going to use it to give Richter more traits, not when he has already given him a quest to do so, setting the bar at 100 points worth of energy for a one-shot chance at gaining a trait.

Strengthening an undead bloodline seems like a really bad idea, at least if Richter wants to avoid transforming into some type of living dead. I'd definitely be going for the life energy of the wurms. As those are beasts, the Dungeon can replicate them as long as he offers up a sample. Enter the raider wurm pet. With a bit of luck he can increase the frequency with which they are spawned in the Dungeon, giving him an endless supply of life blood essense.

18. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Think the Dungeon will get a motivation for acquiring T2 or higher monsters? What kind of bonus would Richter be likely to get from such a side mission?

19. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You have furthered one of the motivations of the Dungeon - ever increasing power !!

Collect another 99 tier 2 creatures to unlock them within the Dungeon.

+1 % per Dungeon level to gained exp from killing creatures at your tier or above within the Dungeon or the Labyrinth, doubling with every tier said creature is above you.

- 0.1% per Dungeon level to all gained exp from killing creatures below your own tier, doubling with every tier said creature is below you (exceptions exist for high-ranking species even if they are technically at a lower tier. ).

20. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What about Alma shedding a scale or two?