Aeromancer author stopping?

Discussion in 'Royal Road Legends' started by Paul Bellow, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
  2. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
  3. Gryphon

Gryphon Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I want to say I don't understand this.
    I want to say that if s/he was making others happy, then God would understand and encourage him/her making the world a better place.
    However, I've not had this kind of encounter. In turn, I wish him/her luck in what he is doing and I hope one day s/he returns to finish what s/he started.

Jay and Paul Bellow like this.
  4. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I didn't look close, but I wonder if the fiction had a lot of swearing, sex, violence?

5. Simon Fiasco

Simon Fiasco Bringer of the Avocadopocalypse LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

16%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I doubt it has much to do with sex, violence, or swearing in his writing. If what he says is true, he believes he had an Abrahamic experience with God. In the Bible, an angel appeared to Abraham and told him to go sacrifice his son to God. This was Abraham's only son with his wife, Sarah, and God had promised Abraham that he would father a great nation. Abraham obeyed, reasoning that if God asked him to sacrifice his own son, God would equally be able to raise the boy from the dead, or provide another child to keep his promise. However, before Abraham could make the sacrifice, an angel stayed his hand and God provided a goat for sacrifice instead.

The idea here is that a believer must be willing to give anything God requires of them, especially those things to which they cling most dearly. The author believes he has been called to leave his writing behind in the name of following God, probably because his obsession for writing sometimes becomes an idol in itself.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  6. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Gotcha. I should've read a bit more closely. ;)

7. Windfall

Windfall Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

25%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don't know why people on Reddit are giving him flak for this. "Something more important came up" for him so they should just respect that.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  8. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Reddit (like the World at Large) can be harsh these days...