Alerons AMA

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Legend-Dairy-Reader, Sep 24, 2021.

1. Legend-Dairy-Reader

Legend-Dairy-Reader Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You can watch it here if you missed it:

2. Legend-Dairy-Reader

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Also, he did confirm his third project he was working on was called the Ballad of Roswan, a story about him and the dungeon.

Mister Bill likes this.
  3. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Now that sounds like a winner.

4. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It does. I'm wondering how he will cover the period Richter has been gone from the village though.

5. FlyingDutchman

FlyingDutchman Level 7 (Cutpurse) Citizen

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That sucks... I was hoping his third series would be on Post-Apoc earth...hopefully he does come back to it later.

6. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It's definitely worth exploring, bur it could also be a good series for a side author to explore. Like Aleron gives general guidelines, and some hard "don't do this or even think about doing this" kind of points and let them loose.

He'd keep the right to refuse publication and final edit so that he can keep it all under his umbrella, but just outsource the brain time on the universe expansion.

I'd be ok with him writing it as well... But I want book 10 inside the decade

Mister Bill likes this.
  7. Legend-Dairy-Reader

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Genevieve posted that these AMA’s are intended to become a regular thing, do y’all want to use this thread to post questions in the event any of us can make it? We can also try and answer those questions ahead of time so as not to waste a question slot . Otherwise, it may be beneficial to create a new folder for these if one of the admins is up to it.

Mister Bill and AndyJ like this.
  8. Albatross1873

Albatross1873 Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It might be worth having a dedicated section to the forum along side Debates and Discussion for AMA. That would allow for a separate thread for each date without having to scroll through pages is stuff that isn’t as relevant to the current AMA before I post my question.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  9. Legend-Dairy-Reader

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So Alerons AMA for today has been postponed till tomorrow at the same time. Unfortunately I cant make that one I think, I did have a question to add to the bank if anyone is available tomorrow!

I’m Gods Eye, when the text states,

Among the Relics are various ranks. The top 3 Relics of each rank are Prime.”

Does the word “rank” just mean rarity? Also, is there 1001 relics in total or of each rank?

10. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well with the various races, rank seems to indicate specialization. Higher ranked races gain more per level, but they are also pushed into taking certain path due to affinities and predetermined stats. Celestial pixies for example are built to be tiny speedsters that cast magic at enemies.

As long as they stick to a narrow range of builds they are going to be amazing at what they do.

In skills rank refer to which tier you are at.

In items rank refer to which rarity the item has.

So I'm guessing that for each rarity/ rank of relic, the 3 top relics are prime.
    For example, the net the other gods use to capture the demon lord, is a legendary ranked item that is also considered prime.

11. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If anybody here can actually Join Alerons AmA/Q&A Discord could you ask him for me >>>
    (1), ?? Whether it's possible for someone to create a Legacy Bestowing Item (Tome Book or other item) that can Bestow some of their Talent Point and access to their Specialization?
    (2), ?? Whether it's possible for someone to have more Limited version of a Sub-Specializations in the same Profession, e.g. Essence Enchanter with a Sub-Specialization of Flesh Enchanter, say by Legacy Bestowing if someone already had a Specialization? Or via another method?
    (3), ?? Could someone use Familiar Creation Spells from Different Mana Types (different Elements, Ect) to get more then one Familiar or are Limited to one Familiar?

12. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He’s doing one on Facebook right now, apparently.

13. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don’t know how long it went for but it’s over now. Any big news?