All things Dungeon

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Captain BlackJack, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    With the two new ley lines empowered, new entrances, and new items placed in the well of offering will Ricther get the Dungeon to level again when he returns?

Drasius likes this.
  2. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    No I think not.

I am still annoyed that the XP and DP from the battle are so far off from where it should be.

Drasius likes this.
  3. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I wouldn't out it past the Dungeon to create a sakaru pixie. It's a mindless monster at that point, that is very dangerous.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  4. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 12 (Rogue) Citizen

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Possible, but I think it will need to consume a pixie first, which it hasn't done, and probably won't be doing anytime soon. Even if a pixie dies within the dungeon, it's body will likely be retrieved. Also, I suspect the dungeon would need to unlock abyssal magic before creating Sakaru Pixies. This is also unlikely to happen, as there is not too many sources of abyssal energy available to be sacrificed, and Richter would likely decide that unlocking abyssal magic in the dungeon is a bad idea.

5. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So would that extend a permanent dungeon quest?

Your Dungeon now has a permanent Dungeon quest!

Find the Sakaru Pixie Chrysalis.

Return the Sakaru Chrysalis to the Mist Village or you could use the Sakaru Chrysalis to power powerful items. Remember your choice has consequences!

Notice!

You, Ricther now have a new quest!

A dungeon Chrysalis has been found and used to power an Item. You must find this item and destroy it or return it to the celestial pixie queen to extract the Chrysalis.

Save the Chrysalis and help save the world!
    All actions in the land have consequences!

6. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I’m not so sure.

1. What’s the chances that Elora or a sprite bonded to a pixie would have given that Pixie a name?

2. Why would the Dungeon need to learn abyssal magic before it could create a Sakaru Pixie?

3. Are all Sakaru Pixies Abyssal?

4. What about the Sakaru Pixies that found their way into the trees around the Mist Village? Are they supposed to be Abyssal?

5. Was the Giant Abyssal?

6. How do we know the Dungeon hasn’t consumed a Sakaru Pixie?

All we really know is that the Dungeon wall had a Chrysalis bonded to it.

The earliest possible time the dungeon could have received the Chrysalis was at its creation.
    If it wasn’t at that point it would have been directly afterwards. As the Sakaru Pixie would have had to flown back to that location in order to be there. Unless it was teleported with everything else.

So how long and how much magical powerdid the dungeon consume from the Sakaru Pixie Chrysalis?

I think the consumption rate of magic and bodies should be considered. We should also consider the Relativity of the time and size differences of the other things effected by the Sakaru Pixies. We also need to consider they were being empowered by it they weren’t consuming its energy.

7. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Possibilities within the realms of the dungeon in regards to the Sakaru Pixie.

1. The Dungeon consumed the Sakaru Chrysalis

A. The Sakaru Chrysalis contained a mindless being and therefore could be consumed and spawned.

2. The Dungeon didn’t consume the Sakaru Pixie.

A. The dungeon couldn’t consume the Chrysalis because it contained a sentient being.

B. The dungeon was trying to consume the Chrysalis but only had time to consume its magical mana.

3. Why didn’t we see any exhibits of the dungeon consuming power or being empowered by the Sakaru Pixie Chrysalis?

A. If the dungeon consumed the Sakaru Chrysalis it would have learned to spawn them.

B. If the Chrysalis was powering the dungeon how come we didn’t see the affects?

C. Could the dungeon have been turning the Chrysalis power into dungeon points? If so shouldn’t we have received a prompt.

Aleron can rectify this however he wants although the answer I think that works with his story dynamics best is (A). Answer (B) is a sha-maybe. I believe (c) would be okay but neglectful for being left out on purpose.

8. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Because bonded sprites died, there where sakaru pixies in the area that probably died too. As a mindless being that is not abyssal in nature no abyssal magic is needed, and could be created as beasts or animals. So the Dungeon could have created a new sakaru pixie is one already died.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  9. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    How should the new dungeon entrances be used?

1. Should they be used for fast access to allied villages?

2. Should they be used for secret deep access into foreign kingdoms?

3. Or should they be used to gain more power for the Dungeon?

10. Gurston

Gurston Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

98%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Can the new entrances can be that widly spaced? I got the impression they wernt much more than tunnels to the dungeons physical location. They could put one behind the walls so they can still use the dungeon when the Hobgoblin seige starts but not a lot further away.

11. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It had been said that the dungeon now has its own dimensional space. I believe the entrances could be placed at nearly any location. There will probably be a few restrictions but we haven’t been told of any yet.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  12. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Its a pixie in an altered state of mind. Are human berserkers also spawnable? Some would definitely have qualified as mindless monsters.

13. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    1: Good but not certain. Elora may not have needed to give her a name and as for the sprite he might have assumed she had one she would share in time. Its also possible they had a name in mind but was waiting for the right moment.

2: Because every sakeru pixie in existence comes from a celestial pixie and becomes abyssal. The blueprint it would learn would hence be for those variations, not mundane pixies.

3: Celestial and abyssal are opposites. Becoming sakeru is the beginning of a reversal of pixie nature. The bond that was once shared with one predetermined being, a sprite, can now be shared with any being. But where the original bond enhanced what was already there, as is the nature of the celestial, the new bons twists the bonded into something grotesque, granting them great power in the process. At the end of the process an abyssal pixie is born. Which is a disaster in the making.

4: No, their queen guided them onto a different path. In time they may reemerge or they may merge with the tree to form a number of different entities. No doubt at least a few will become tree elementals or ents.

5: At level 3 the abyssal gobrit tree was a tough foe to beat for Richters entire party. A level 20+ abyssal giant would have annihilated them. Abyssals are powerhouses.

6: All pixies are accounted for.

It consumed no power from the living pixie or its chrysalis. Its well established that the dungeon needs to defeat before it can consume. It even had to wait for the party to leave before it was able to absorb a spell they cast and intended to leave behind. The rules it operates under are pretty tight.

We had a similar discussion about whether it can drain spells of power to aid its monsters in combat or cast spella directly against adventurers. I maintain that it cannot.

Belgared and ShoughtLoud like this.
  14. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think that more refers to connecting to the Labyrinth and using node roads. Also possibly connecting to a fae realm.

15. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I am thinking it’s going to allow Ricther and Roswan to build alternate entrances to their dungeon. The inter dimensional space is going to allow the dungeon to fold the time space gap between locations for those entrances locations. If so then Ricther could place a entrance somewhere in Yves or anywhere else.

That carries me back to me questions above.
    What would you want to use a entrance for?
    To grow the dungeon? Would you use it to transport allies and help them develop? Or would you use it covertly in foreign nations.

I could see Ricther with a dungeon entrance in Yves. With his dungeon transport spell he could really get some things done within the range of the entrance. Especially if his dungeon transport was limited to his party size which is now unlimited.

16. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It’s not a just a pixie anymore while it’s in the Chrysalis. That’s why we call it a Chrysalis and not a pixie.

17. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Gotta disagree. The pixie triggers the chrysalis stage and she comes back out of it as she was. It's just a different form for them.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  18. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We are talking about a Sakaru Pixie Chrysalis right?

That’s totally different then the other forms we have seen. Eloras mother placed her in one for protection. Which was actually used to power a magical item. The bonding of a sprite and pixie could be said to be another type. Neither of those totally transform the pixie like the Sakaru Chrysalis.

19. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I could see Ricther using dungeon transport to get away with people and goods all over the Capital Of Yves if he has that big of an area to use Dungeon Transport.

All he would need to do is place a new dungeon entrance somewhere inside The city. Perhaps hidden in the city sewer system.

20. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Using Elora's chrysalis to power an evil item - pretty sure the item itself was evil - was a violation of her nature. But there was nothing preventing whoever crafted the staff from doing so, thereas a Dungeon is limited in its options.

I really doubt they can be placed hundreds of miles away. Aleron is too good an author for that.