All things Dungeon

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Captain BlackJack, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I meant Yves has several big D dungeons. It was confirmed by Aleron in one of his videos I believe.

The others likely aren't nearly as big and important as the one in Yves, but they are still very valuable to their owners.

Kings go to war over islands that are little more than a rock sticking out of the sea because they allow them to exert control and show their dominance. Dungeons are much the same, except that for the countless petty kings/ chiefs/ lords they also represent a chance to rise.

Seizing a single core or Dungeon wouldn't shift the balance of the kingdom of Yves that much, but for the smaller realms such as HM's and below, conquering even a single Core, Dungeon, Pop or other similar treasure means overthrowing fate. It means that rather than being just another petty king in name only with a hundred warriors under your banner, your realm will grow. It means your realm will start attracting warriors and craftsmen from afar, people who wish to share in your power. It also means danger as rival realms will wish to deprive you off the opportunity before you can grow strong. They know they only have a handful of years at best to stop you from outgrowing them.

Of course kingdoms will war over these things. Richter will also be challenged for the cores, the Dungeon and the quickening (especially the quickening, its a celestial treasure unique in the entire land). Sometimes by honorable foes that face him openly on the field of battle, sometimes by scummy trash with no bottom line.

The honorable ones will be subjugated, the trash will be slain.

2. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    by book 26 maybe, now King is whoring away and drinking & gambling
    So for the foreseeable future 14- 35 dayz, Yves will do nothing.
    Only courts/bugbears/HeMan.. and others should bother us in the near term

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
    Drasius likes this.
  3. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What did Randy say in book seven?

4. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What one previously left behind item would you like to see Ricther reacquire to go in the dungeon?

What one item do you remember Ricther not taking possession of that you would like to see him acquire for the Dungeon?

Name one creature Ricther has came across you would like to see added to the Dungeon?

Mister Bill likes this.
  5. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    1). Firstly Glass Dragons Blood.
    2). Tricky, considering that he's a bit of a Hoover for grabbing anything he can and anything really good he's likely to keep to himself rather then lose it to the Dungeon, at least till he gets better. But I suppose those Seeds from the Sea of Chaos he didn't purchase, Senzu Beans? Hellish Mauler Blood would be my second pick but that might come with some unwanted issues Dungeon Creature Buff Boost wise, but possibly interesting Dungeon Perks for Richter.
    3). I have two creatures to be added to the Dungeon, Firstly A Fox, the first creature he killed in The Land. Secondly a Slime, or better yet a selection of different affinity types of Slimes, for Golem Parts.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
  6. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That tree would have been awesome. Basically 4 potions of instant restoration of mana, stamina and health every year.

But not nearly as powerful as the eye. Knowing how many lives other chaos seeds have left gives Richter the inside track.

Its also possible that the eyes can be upgraded.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  7. Gurston

Gurston Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

98%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The description for the Dragons Cauldron is that it was a glass building with veins full of blood pumping through them, I wonder if it was damaged enough to bleed before it repaired would that blood actually be Glass dragon blood or another type of blood that counts for the dungeon

Drasius and Mister Bill like this.
  8. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I really liked those seeds as well. Honestly that would have helped the village way more. He could have planted those beans/seeds in a specially made room in the dungeon. Like the Egg Genesis chamber. Think of the growth rate and the increase in fertility. Those beans would have been awesome for the village. In time I would use some of the excess beans as a third ingredient to a core healers hut.

Mister Bill likes this.
  9. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If he could plant more of those trees and grow them within a reasonable time frame, they'd win hands down over the eye. No question about it.

As for the rest, the senzu is a tree. If anything, have the tree singers shape it into a healers hut.

I still think the eye was a decent choice. Knowledge is king, unique knowledge about others they have no way of discerning is emperor. Besides, these are the eyes of a god.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  10. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well I like the eye as well. I just think the beans would have been used for everything. They would add to the dungeon. They could have been used for a healing hut. They would have been a great resource for Ricthers army and Allies.

The eye is good for seeing how many lives other chaos seeds have. But wasn’t that separate from the ability to sense chaos?

11. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    With the glass dragons blood you got me thinking about the chaos seeds blood. The dungeon noticed something special about Ricthers blood. So how special does the chaos flowing through his veins make it? Maybe Ricther should have had Hemans entire body dumped into the Dragons Cauldron. I’m sure it would have made some sort of chaotic elixir. Plus I think Hemans body could have been used for some sort of tracking enchantment. Perhaps it could have been used with a compass that would always lead to Heman.

Drasius likes this.
  12. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ricther really does need to start a grafting program. Grafting trees and shrubs could be a huge boon for the Mist village and the Hearth Tree.

13. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    A Tracking Scrying Spell would be very useful, especially once made into an Enchantment, even more so if it was a Blood Magic Blood Tracking Spell. Although not sure what would happen with two (or more) bodies of a creature existing at once with Chaos Seeds Respawning ability, but it should default on the Living Body, especially if more then a few days have passed, the exception might be certain Death Magic Tracking Spells?

Giving Chaos Seed Bodies to the Dungeon would be a great way of Disposing of them in are way that makes sure that there aren't any parts left that can be used for Targeted Spells or Materials. It is also likely to give the Dungeon somewhat more Energy then other Bodies would.

Will be interesting to see if Tier 2 Chaos Lord Blood (or other types of T2 Blood?) are classified as Rare Blood now and could grant a Motivational Perk Boost or not? If not what Tier would be needed to reach Rare?

14. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Say Ricther did plant something good in the dungeon. Do you think once the dungeon learned how to replicate it that Roswan could use DP’s to make it grow faster? Even without that Ricther gets a very nice growth rate plus increased fertility.

Dragon and Mister Bill like this.
  15. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The question is whether the Dungeon could learn to replicate it? The sensu might count as a unique creation. Similarly it could be an infertile tree, that would explain its relatively low cost.

16. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I hadn’t thought about the possibility of infertility. Instead I had only considered it being asexual or it could be sexed. Meaning male or female. Either way four beans would mean four chances. Wouldn’t his A team go nuts if they got to see his choices! It would be worse then the original core.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
    Mister Bill likes this.
  17. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Now that Ricther has a Dungeon entrance into the Labyrinth could he use his his spell dungeon transport in the Labyrinth?

If you don’t think he can what is your premise?

Personally I think he would be able to use it until he passes through another portal.

18. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It was said that with Ricthers portal would receive four exits for each gateway destination. So when the Hearth Mother builds her side of the portal where will Ricthers exits drop them off at?

When that portal is built every time it is used and opens up some Life Mana should flow through yo the dungeon. Should the dungeon sense the magical energies from the Hearth Mothers PoP?

Do you think it would be worth it to use one of the free entrances to increase the speed of awakening those magics?

19. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    This comes into the old Power vs magic debate. We've had it before.

But basically in the land, most magic is ambient mana and therefore irrelevant to awakening the Dungeon's magic. To move the needle on filling up the power bar, you need POWER.

Which is present in certain natural treasures such as the quickening or the life root. Its quite possible HM could spare Richter the treasures he needs to awaken Life magic, but the price for so many roots - 19 as he already spent one - would be dear. Each one means a sprite who won't be resurrected on the field of battle.

Of course there is the possibility that they will be able to harvest more roots from the Dungeon itself. That would be a true game changer and it would make it far easier for Richter to repay HM.

Mister Bill likes this.
  20. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You know according to Ricther he could possibly get 11-12 senzu beans a year. I would need to go back and look to make sure but that was his calculations. So if that’s the return from the initial four beans and he doubled down on his next harvest things would definitely look a bit different. His next harvest would be 33-36 and the next 99-108. Then four plantings later he would be get up to 324.

I still like the ability to see how many lives a chaos seed has remaining. When he develops Chaotic vassals he might have them take a back seat during fights when they reach that last life.

Mister Bill likes this.