All things Dungeon

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Captain BlackJack, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    or third to last. There are weapons out there, designed to take multiple lives. No doubt prices scale rapidly though, so knowing whether your opponent has 1,2,3 ... etc. lives remaining means you know how powerful (and expensive) a chaos seed slayer weapon to use on them to finish them off.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  2. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I wonder who else in the Land would have multiple lives besides another chaos seed? I wouldn’t think there would be that many if any at all. It would be nice if Ricther could get another dagger from the sea of chaos that takes an extra life. MAYBE and that’s just a maybe could he break it down on the forge and learn the enchantment. Then he would need to learn how to rank it up.

Drasius and Mister Bill like this.
  3. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I was thinking the sea offers chaos weapons on the regular. It already offered both Richter and Heman a dagger. Only mass-produced item so far.

4. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah, I had thought about that. With that dagger being a more common item he should deconstruct at least one. Learning that enchantment would be good for crossbow bolts and arrows..

I wonder if the forge learning a new type of magic would help it level up any? I imagine that the forge doesn’t know any chaos enchantments.

5. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It might be a condition at higher levels, but in a perverse way I don't think it would help him now.

Kinda like someone in a wuxia stumbling on a treasure chest filled with tier 9 supreme rank eternal pearl tree fruits, that can only be eaten at tier 9. Meanwhile, the strongest in the country is tier 3 and the world cap is tier 5. Completely worthless for now, likely invaluable in the future.

Mister Bill likes this.
  6. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So the forge learning a new type of magic or leveling up some doesn’t matter?

I would think every new ability would make a difference.

7. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I meant that learning a higher magic might be a levelling condition at later levels, but not at the moment.

Too high level to be of use at the moment.

Should be a ton of other benefits for unlocking a higher power though.

8. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That’s what I am thinking. I know the forge swirled with colors. I don’t recall any of those being gray the color of chaos. I don’t think Ricther had taught the forge all the colors of magic we were told that were swirling about the anvil as it was being used. For some reason I think those Magic’s were initially bound inside the magic core until the forge was created. So if chaos was excluded originally it might need to learn the magic type first. Like awakening magic in the dungeon. Thinking about it, if the magic core like everything else was deprived of the essence of chaos Ricther might need to instal that essence.

Seeing how the entirety of the Land was deprived of that essence I’m sure there isn’t a forge with the ability to work anything in chaos.

You have created the first Chaotic forge in the Land!

You have forged a highsteel sword! The highsteel sword you have forged has now turned into a wooden highsteel sword. This sword will cut! The Chaotic wooden highsteel sword weighs no more then wood. This sword will float! Beware this sword has one fault it will burn like kindling! Other then that it retains all highsteel qualities.

So Ricther might not want a chaotic forge. But a forge that can learn Chaotic enchantments would be great!

I imagine Ricther would get some nice benefits from installing a bit of chaotic magic into the forge. As a enchanter he might learn that skill in a houndred years. At that point adding the ability to work chaos magic in the forge of heavens will be deminshed due to its higher level. He would likely get a pot load of forgery points to use in the forge for giving it a new magical ability. Same with the cauldron or any other magical core powered item that he up grades with the power of chaos.

Mister Bill likes this.
  9. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I feel like that's an enchantment best left to individual weapons and not ammo. Also on a restricted list so that no one else can learn it. I think™ that the enchantment we saw only applies to chaos seeds (not Lords) so he'd be fine, but it's not really an enchantment you want to be the cause of becoming widespread. Especially if future kids of yours are likely to be chaos seeds.

Drasius and Captain BlackJack like this.
  10. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Considering that the Daggers only Last a certain period of time after being Purchased from the Sea of Chaos (24hrs after being unseathed) before disappearing and also disappears after being used once, I suspect that they are more along the lines of a Summoned Spell Blade rather then a true Enchanted Item, so it's unlikely that the Forge could Copy it, at least not in till the Forge gets a Lot Higher Levelled.
    In time Richter might be able to Learn how too create something like them in some other way, perhaps by Purchasing a Chaos Enchantment or a Chaos Spell that Summons something similar?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
  11. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    A Chaos Bane Enchantment similar to the Goblin Bane Enchantment that increases Damage to its Bane should most likely be possible to get as well, although it wouldn't Kill Two Lives, being able inflict greater damage on an enemy would be very useful.

12. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You got me thinking. That would be bad to have your own life taking weapon used against you. It would be nice for Ricther to keep in his bag for his own personal use. There would be lots of other Chaotic enchantments that would be okay to share I’m sure. Of course you know how I feel. If it were me I would only let my allies have them. Money isn’t important enough to sell to everyone.

13. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He can soul bond anything he makes for personal use which deactivates the enchantment when wielded by anyone but him. So he's not really in trouble there unless they can break soul bonds.

14. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don’t recall that. I thought soul bound only helped him locate or recall a lost weapon. That just makes it even better.

Mister Bill likes this.
  15. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I believe soul bonds effectively give him control over the item and control over its functions, but not a recall or locating ability. Not at tier one at least.

Largely irrelevant musings :)
    Most teleportation seem to be tied to a powerful structure of some kind. We do know it exists in freer forms at higher magical ranks - the drow sorceres who teleported away proves that - but its rare.

If I recall correctly there are talent options for creating and breaking soul bonds? If so Richter should be careful of someone stealing his bag of holding, as some criminal enchanters would definitely be willing to break it open for a share of the contents.

16. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So are you saying Ricther soul bond doesn’t give him a sense to where it is? I know as of yet he hasn’t developed it high enough to call to his hand.

17. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don't think so. Its only at the lowest rank/tier, where he gets some very basic functions such as no one else being able to open his bag of holding.

Retraction, I am partially wrong. Richter can't sense it, but he can see it on his map in the right circumstances.

18. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It would be nice if Ricther could get Beyan to bring the Adventurer back to life that he found in the lightening crystal cavern. Then he could try to place the ring one him to see if he could get anything.

19. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That would be one hell of a workaround. I'm sure Aleron won't do it, but i'm not sure whether it should work or not.

20. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Doubtful, he only got what people were actively seeing when they weren't his companions. That said, it never says in the books that he had Randy wear it, and Elora can't since its too big.