Base building

Discussion in 'Looking for LitRPG' started by Mister Bill, Oct 2, 2018.

1. YonEye

YonEye Level 9 (Burgler) Citizen

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    which book is this?

2. TravisBach

TravisBach Level 15 (Guardian) LitRPG Author Citizen

71%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ooops, I got the name wrong. Sorry. It was The Wandering Engineer by Chris Hechtl

3. Varien

Varien Level 3 (Apprentice) Citizen

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I've been searching and searching for more Base building books =(

The Land introduced me to LitRPG and blew my socks, so that's my gold standard. The 8th book was the biggest pile of garbage ever though. Patiently waiting for Aleron to redeem himself. God's Eye doesn't count or make up for book 8, but I digress.

Life Reset is my #2 and depending on my mood, becomes my #1 lol.

****CIV CEO*** is now my #3 for city building! It's the closest I've read that comes close to The Land and Life Reset.

Spellmonger series isn't LitRPG, but I would put it at #4 for city building. There is ALOT of stuff besides that, but it's there plenty. My heart dies though when I got to all these other books that have nothing to do with the MC... Entire side plot books...

Just finished reading book 2 of Ascend Online because I saw it was recommended as a city builder. Opened book 3 to find it was a cop out and skipped to book 4, then couldn't bring myself to start book 4. Defo not what I would consider a city builder, in the slightest.... The MC digs a ditch, that's basically the extent of the city building =P It's mostly fighting =(

So my contribution is Civ Ceo!

And my request is that somebody quit there job and start writing more city building please.

Mister Bill likes this.
  4. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Have you tried ten realms? Apparently the series gets better as it goes along. I’m gonna try it next month, I think.

Life Reset had its last book this month. I need to read it.

There’s a story on RR that promises to do base building but I don’t think it’ll get there.
    There is one with some called Defiance of the Fall, but it’s only a little. Shovels in spades (or whatever it’s called) has more, but isn’t great at it like Life Reset is.

5. Varien

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I've been on the fence about Ten Realms - The reviews are kinda all over the place lol. I decided to read Divine Dungeon. Not quite what I was looking for, but I'm on book 2 and can't stop. I was sold on the first 10 pages.

If somebody could confirm that Ten Realms actually did have city building/management, I'd pick it up in a heartbeat.

Mister Bill likes this.
  6. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I do know that Divine Dungeon is a great series.

7. Varien

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Divine Dungeon was certainly good, not a fan of the story arc in the last 2 books. But really good.

Decided to read Slime Dungeon and on the last book now. It's not good if you compare it to divine dungeon... at all lol. But it's not a bad book series either. Although I am skipping most of the last book. More like skimming it to get to the good points so I don't miss any of the story lol.

Mister Bill likes this.
  8. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There are some good stories on RR with dungeon stuff.
    I’m probably going to try ten realms again and see how the base building goes.

9. Ogmu

Ogmu Level 3 (Apprentice) Citizen

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    the noobtown series revolves around leveling up the town, so does um, that series with the guy who answers the add for a game farmer where he actually farms in game but then builds a tavern, and then upgrades the town. The whole evil Loki program and the weird non-military military turned me off that series after the first couple of books. I forget the name of that series.

Mister Bill and Paul Bellow like this.
  10. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There’s kinda some in that 4x book and maybe a couple on RR with it.

11. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I found one on Amazon! “A god’s chosen” by J Parsons.