Bloodlines.

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Andrew Lynas, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You can be connected to far more than two bloodlines, unless there is some seriously extensive inbreeding going on further up the family tree.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  2. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It'll be interesting to see how different Bloodlines might interact with each other, strengthening some, weakening others, amplifying each other and producing new effects and abilities in a few others and Maybe even combining and creating entirely new Bloodlines in a few very rare cases.

Joe Schmoe likes this.
  3. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Oh I feel like this could the start of chocobo breading farm for bloodlines. Richtær: "I'm going to need you two to have a child for my überkin program. I know you are both married to other people, but my high analyze skill tells me y'all have some bloodline possibility."

Joe Schmoe likes this.
  4. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Wonder what (if any?) Bloodline Hisako might have?.

5. S'ahelas

S'ahelas Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    His bloodline arose during a cataclysm of mass zombies, by the universe to combat the dead. I think as he levels the bloodline he's going to become some sort of lynch lord. Other foreshadowing of this is befriend undead ability gained from the mark, the fact that the nome has a rare high affinity to death magic, the deal with the vampires, and also how much death magic has been used around the MV (its like, my god, every cave had some sort of mass sacrifice). I could see him loosing an alignment point by accident and having to regain neutral (or not regaining it at all) from the death powers he awakens.

Overall it seems his build to to be pretty balanced. Lots of powerful weapons (and when he fights he likes to mele into the battle) but also high intelligence, massive spell caster, able to cast opposite magics with ease. Powerful healing allies. Blood magic. Pets. Yet– even though his skill in death magic is lower than in the other magics, there is quite a bit of death magic about him, and I could see this accelerating at some point, building him into a death knight mage thing.

Cire122 likes this.
  6. Cire122

Cire122 Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That would be pretty cool as long as AK avoids the nihilism, woe is me, angsty, fake edgy bs that comes with other series that focus on that. It wouldn't fit The Land or Richter.

With that said I would love to see Richter using more death magic and think AK can do it right. Being limitless gives the ability to bring a lot of cool stuff together that normally wouldn't go together without having to fall into the usual tropes.

7. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I have wondered if his Vile Bloodline might give some sort of passive assistance in Levelling up in Death Magic, and improved Resistance to harm from Death Mana and Magic, as well as possibly reduce aggression from Undead towards him, not at the moment but after he starts to Strengthen his Bloodline?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
    Captain BlackJack likes this.
  8. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Maybe. Depends on Aleron, I might give him a weakness to lifemagic and a reduction in the efficiency of healing spells.

9. AndyJ

AndyJ Level 12 (Rogue) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Since Richter can't use life spells while his bloodline is active, could that open the door to him being healed by that spell Bayan used to repair the knight corpse?

Andrew Lynas, Cire122 and Johan like this.
  10. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He is still alive. A spell designed to repair a corpse could have unintended sideeffects, such as leaving remnants of death magic behind. Worth trying just to see whether Aleron punishes it.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  11. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I would think that Life Magic would be more likely to treat him as a Living Dead rather then Undead, assuming his Vile Bloodline Form does effect Life Magic being Cast in him, or by him.

Cire122 likes this.
  12. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 12 (Rogue) Citizen

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The wound closes but the tissue is necrotic. Richter succumbs and dies from the subsequent fevers and infection that spreads throughout his body.

Dragon likes this.
  13. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    When the Tefonim Queen was talking about her peoples abilities making them an unparalleled force in the land, do you think she was talking about a bloodline?

14. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Could be, but I think she was speaking literally in that her people, through some disposition be it racial or even settlement specialization, just litterally had a lot of abilities, more so than is common now, and with a build/war focus to them.

Cire122 and Johan like this.
  15. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So if the unyielding dragon flame bloodline could eventually add fire effects to his attacks, do we think Richter's bloodline will allow him to add a death element? Limited to physical blows with hands or extends to weapons?

Johan likes this.
  16. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Know This! There are many bloodlines, but only the strong, lucky or cursed are blessed with such power. The Unyielding Dragon Flame Bloodline can start a fire inside the cells of your body, greatly increasing your physical prowess, perception and will for a short time. Increasing the rank of this bloodline adds capabilities to a draike’s mind, body and soul. Higher ranks also add a Fire element to your attacks. This Bloodline arose during the 5th evolution of The Land, after the 4th Cataclysm. As such, it is part of a grouping of Bloodlines known as Primal. It is also a rare bloodline of that period. As such, it has 5 ranks per tier. It begins with 35 Bloodline Points to expend before it is exhausted. A bloodline can be exerted with more or less force and will consume Bloodline Points in accordance with this exertion.

Kong, Aleron. The Land: Monsters: A LitRPG Saga (Chaos Seeds Book 8) . Tamori Publications, LLC. Kindle Edition.
    I think yes, and it will extend to unarmed attacks.
    Unyielding Dragon Flame:
    • Flame: Increase Physical Prowess
    • Flame: Increase Physical Perception
    • Flame: Increase Mental/Soul Will
    • Other: Mind, body, soul
    • Eventually: Fire damage to attacks
    Petrifying Ghost Harvest:
    • Harden: Increase Physical Defense
    • Ghost: Increase Physical Concealment
    I could see there being a great many options at higher ranks.

Last edited: May 13, 2020
    Captain BlackJack and Cire122 like this.
  17. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I wonder what happens when Richtær gives his now rare or greater blood to the Dungeon. Will he gain a new ability related to his bloodline ability through his mark? Or will it just say "nope" this came from you, can't stack it.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  18. Cire122

Cire122 Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I am not sure if it will stack or not. I side on probably not. I think one side effect will be his blood will give more DPs when he bleeds in there.

19. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I would think that his Blood (at least in Vile Mode) would give the Dungeon more Points, and potentially give the Dungeon something so that he can also get a Dungeon Perk, possibly something that Enhances his existing Bloodlines effects in some way, but also instead add a new twist it?
    But I'm thinking more likely a boost to what he already has and maybe a small additional effect.
    Might give Death Affinity based Dungeon Beasts small Concealment and Defence % boost?

20. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Honestly, I don’t see why AK didn’t write Ricther in with a Dragon bloodline. To me it just makes sense. Dragons are highly magical. The Dragon language and every ounce of their being are magical. Dragons have their own magic in most worlds (books) that is normally of the oldest types, thus being the most powerful.