Bloodlines.

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Andrew Lynas, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Albatross1873

Albatross1873 Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Dragons, while powerful, are not the central power to this story. The Lords of Chaos are more central to where Kong seems to be taking the story. Going down a dragon bloodline rabbit hole would have taken the story away from them and towards a group that hasn’t even been introduced yet. Also his chance of the Dragon Bloodline was way lower than the 99.9% of Chaos.

2. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:

I don’t think so.

Dragons were introduced when Ricther received his familiar. I think that was In book two when the MV was first settled. That alone has set it in story line. That’s not to mention the glass dragons blood that affected Ricther. AK could expound on anything he desires as long as he keeps the mechanics reasonably in line. For instance the 99.9% chance was only there because AK wanted it.

Don’t get me wrong I dont want it written that Ricther physically changes like a dragon. Ricther can already transform into a dragonkind with Alma. I would rather see Ricther develop more of the dragons blood, Dragons intellect type of thing. He can develop the ability to speak dragon. He might even develop to role his eyes back or blink to reveal dragon eyes for dark vision.

3. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I was wondering for a while what s the difference between our Undead bloodline and the Draon Bloodline!

Unyielding Dragon Flame Bloodline:

Know This! There are many bloodlines, but only the strong, lucky or cursed are blessed with such power. The Unyielding Dragon Flame Bloodline can start a fire inside the cells of your body, greatly increasing your physical prowess, perception and will for a short time. Increasing the rank of this bloodline adds capabilities to a draike’s mind, body and soul.

Higher ranks also add a Fire element to your attacks. This Bloodline arose during the 5th evolution of The Land, after the 4th Cataclysm. As such, it is part of a grouping of Bloodlines known as Primal. It is also a rare bloodline of that period. As such, it has 5 ranks per tier. It begins with 35 Bloodline Points to expend before it is exhausted. A bloodline can be exerted with more or less force and will consume Bloodline Points..

DragonkinBloodline.jpg
    Epic Vile Bloodline: Petrifying Ghost Harvest:

In addition to the changes to mind, body and soul, you have been randomly awarded a Bloodline! You now possess the Epic Vile Bloodline: Petrifying Ghost Harvest

The name did not bode well.

This Bloodline arose during the 4th evolution of The Land after the 3rd Cataclysm. As such, it is part of a grouping of Bloodlines known as Vile.

Know This! There are many bloodlines in The Land. The capabilities and powers of bloodlines are as varied as grains of sand.

As an Epic Bloodline, Petrifying Ghost Harvest possesses 6 ranks. Increasing the rank of the bloodline will increase its powers.

Richter had hoped there would be some explanation on how to strengthen the bloodline, but unfortunately there wasn’t. If he survived this contest with his soul intact, he’d have time to figure it out later. Still, the next lines explained the perks of his new bloodline, which would definitely come in handy.

Know this! Bloodlines consume Bloodline Points (BPs) to unleash their power. In some cases, additional BPs may be spent to increase the effect or the duration. At rank 1, your Bloodline has the following powers:

Harden: Increase your defense by +1 for 1 minute. Further BP expenditure can increase effect and/or duration proportionally. Cost: 1 BP

Ghost: Increase your Concealment by +1 for 1 minute. Further BP expenditure can increase effect and/or duration proportionally. Cost: 1 BP

Harvest: This is the special ability of the Petrifying Ghost Harvest Bloodline. You may use your bloodline on the dead remains of other creatures to isolate and claim the best components of their bodies. This can be used multiple times on the same set of remains, but each use will degrade the remains as a whole. Degraded, aged and/or altered remains have a significantly lower success rate of Harvest and will net a lesser yield.
    Epic Bloodlines have a base 30 Bloodline Points to expend before they are exhausted. A Bloodline’s age can greatly increase its potential power. Vile Bloodlines arose after the 4th Cataclysm, and so are 75-150% more powerful than newly awakened Bloodlines.

Petrifying Ghost Harvest is one of the strongest bloodlines of the Vile era. It sees a 139% bonus compared to other Epic Bloodlines; accordingly, you will begin with 72 Bloodline Points.

ChaosBloodline.jpg

So Drago vs Ghost bloodlines:
    rare vs epic
    5 ranks vs 6 ranks
    35 blood points vs 72 bloodline points

I feel Ghost is much stronger and more versatile.. prove me wrong!
    ranks.png

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    Captain BlackJack likes this.
  4. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Depends. If we are talking raw combat power, I think unyielding dragon flame wins. Otherwise the ghost bloodline.

Andrew Lynas and ShoughtLoud like this.
  5. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I suspect considering the Original Origins of the Vile Bloodline that in order to increase it's Rank you will probably have to either somehow Absorb/Gather Death/Undead Energy &/or Mana from Death Creatures, Places or Items, &/or Learn And Level Death Magic? Probably both.

I do think that he Really Needs to look into finding Skills, Training Methods and other ways to Activate and Increase his Mental Aegis Stat. It should not only increase his Thought/Mental Defences, his Thought Magic potential, but also help to increase his Connection to Alma (and to a lesser degree) when he forms mental connections with his Pets and Summons. It may also increase his likely hood of Learning Psionic Skills, Abilities & possibly even some of Alma's Psi Abilities?

For that matter he should seriously look into finding out what Skill Awaken and Increase Secondary/Tertiary Stats and then Learn them in order to get those Stats.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
  6. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The blood essence of powerful creatures seems to be the way to power it up. He could have done it with the Ravager wurm blood essence, but decided to use it for his chaotic Flux quest instead

7. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    But the Ravaged Wurm is a Life Aligned Creature, I sure that he will likely need Blood Essence Energy from Death Creatures (probably Undead rather then Death Beasts), possibly even Blood Essence from Living Dead Creatures considering that he seems more similar to them then Undead?

8. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Indeed it does, but f.e. being mostly invincible for 1 minute is super OP. Hard to say without knowing the the Dragon's bloodlines abilities.. Still I see why you like this bloodline Drago lol

Also if you can't see it you can hit it..

9. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah so they need more life essense to rank it up. On the other hand, ranking it up with lifeessense could protect Richter against negative effects from having the bloodline, even if it takes longer to gather enough. Absorbing the essense of corpses into your body can't be healthy. It might even turn Richter undead.

10. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He would have recieved a penalty on how many rank up points he would have gotten. Regular blood essence from a creature like the wurm would have given him 10 points, but since it was life aligned he would have only recieved 2.

Will he need death energy? I don't believe so.
    Would it be useful/ likely give a bonus equally opposite to the life penalty? Yeah, and since he's generally gonna be clearing undead from his lands I'm sure he'll get plenty of points from them. But need? Disagree.

11. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I doubt there would be a bonus for using the intended energy, not when other types are reduced heavily in effectiveness. I still think it matters what kind of essense you use, altering the end result.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  12. Martire

Martire Level 6 (Footpad) Exiles Citizen

38%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Is there any thoughts about finding and using the Lich's body to further progress his bloodline? Since im assuming the Lich's body is suffused with lots of relevant death energy.

Andrew Lynas and PokemonThug like this.
  13. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I wish he would find his way back there. He could harvest the lich, a hellspawned mauler, and quite possibly a demon. Not to mention the hordes of undead that didn’t survive but had enough cover not to be vaporized.That mauler alone would give some amazing materials.

14. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The Mauler has probably degraded to much by now to Harvest (although regular looting of the body might still give some useful Material, Bones, Teeth, ect), but Lich and Demon possibly, maybe?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  15. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It hasn’t been very long yet and if hellspawn creatures are like labyrinthine creatures then the energy type that sustains them is only need to stay alive. A corpse is just a corpse. So no serious degradation has happened yet. Unless something has been eating it.

16. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The mauler haas been laying around for a week. Its likely something would have found it by now, if it wasn't buried by a few hundred tons of rocks.

Assuming it wasn't smushed by a giant rock, the corpse should be usable. Some damage is inevitable so there would be fewer uses. Fewer still as time passes.

The lich was destroyed, I don't think its lootable.

17. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Your math is strange man. The curse was for seven days and hasn’t expired yet. The curse was laid before the mauler was killed. Though local fauna eating is still likely.

18. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Mmmm thought!
    his body would not have any liquid in and would not rot, so no beeing will consume it.. not fully at least..
    And with few hundred kobold miners and some beasts/ golums or mist workers(we can always increase MV area by a few hundred miles, just time is needed) Richto can harvest.
    Perfect match.. great idea kiddo!

19. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Unknown.. its a twice evolved Hell-beast.. but we will for a fact at minimum have the bones, teeth, nails, I hope skin too.. at best ..

20. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Decapitated and dumped in the hole, same hole as mauler, richto, and the deamon..
    Just gotta find it.. should be usable.now if his body would have stayed un top of the mausoalem during boom boom time, sure possibly destroyed.