Bloodlines.

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Andrew Lynas, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think he could find the skull with his sword lodged in it.

It was a magical creature of the Labyrinth and I totally agree on the labyrinth energies only keeping it alive. The problem I see is the blood and fluids in the mauler causing rot. I don’t think it’s sat long enough to completely wasted. Although, the smell would no doubt call out to the worms and any other scavengers.

I’m not so sure about the Litch being totally destroyed.

I agree that it seems as if the Litch could be a lot crustier and less likely to rot. Although I’m not so sure how much of his body survived.

I can’t recall but I am hopeful his skull rolled into the rift. His body could have been fried.

I think everyone that has read the series would like to see Ricther return to the Litchs layer. In a way even after Ricther reaped great rewards from the battle he has still lost out. Losing his prime weapon and all the possible treasure is a complete pisser.

Now what I do wonder is if and when Ricther does return will he find mutated worms? From eating all the magically imbibed creatures I can see slightly hellish death worms. Perhaps some other underground species will evolve into some death type creatures. After all there should be thousands of them scattered not including those that were incinerated.

2. AndyJ

AndyJ Level 8 (Thug) Exiles Citizen

98%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The Hellspawn Mauler probably has Hellspawn Parasites that would eat it from the inside out once it died.

At the very least the MV could harvest some VERY high level leather from its hide. Who knows how powerful of a bag of holding that Richter could make with that.

3. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 12 (Rogue) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

60%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Even a couple leg bones would be enough to add to his collection on the town hall.

4. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

60%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    And bones aren’t going to rot either. We can’t rule out a creature that eats bones though.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  5. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 10 (Filcher) Citizen

12%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Richter might be hesitant to add the bones of a hellspawn mauler to his town hall. He talked in book 7 about not using trophies from evil creatures and I'm guess the hellspawn mauler counts as evil.

6. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

21%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Which itself seems like a dumb decision to jump into. He hasn't tried anything from good or evil creatures and just automatically makes the assumption that it will turn out one way. Vanquishing an evil creature and putting up its trophy could be beneficial to good aligned races and vice versa. Like "we kill evil guys here" instead of "we kill good guys here". At a minimum he should give it a go and see before just losing out on the knowledge. Plus whatever bonus the Mauler gives would be doubled since mortal enemy, possibly causing them to lose out twice.

7. Captain BlackJack

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I totally agree!

The rock giant, the Litchs skull if it can be found, and the maulers skull should all be mounted.

I also like the idea of leaving his sword in its skull.

Joe Schmoe likes this.
  8. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 12 (Rogue) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

60%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah I feel the same, he can always just take them down if he doesnt like what he gets. I think itd be a good bonus though.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  9. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 10 (Filcher) Citizen

12%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What if it gave a permanent negative alignment modifier for everybody in the village. lol

Sorry. I have to be argumentative. It's in my DNA.

10. Captain BlackJack

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The longer Ricthers Sword is left on the mauler the more abilities it can possible absorb. He could use the skull as his office sheath.

Waterhobit likes this.
  11. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

21%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    its the law.jpg