Bloodlines.

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Andrew Lynas, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think he could find the skull with his sword lodged in it.

It was a magical creature of the Labyrinth and I totally agree on the labyrinth energies only keeping it alive. The problem I see is the blood and fluids in the mauler causing rot. I don’t think it’s sat long enough to completely wasted. Although, the smell would no doubt call out to the worms and any other scavengers.

I’m not so sure about the Litch being totally destroyed.

I agree that it seems as if the Litch could be a lot crustier and less likely to rot. Although I’m not so sure how much of his body survived.

I can’t recall but I am hopeful his skull rolled into the rift. His body could have been fried.

I think everyone that has read the series would like to see Ricther return to the Litchs layer. In a way even after Ricther reaped great rewards from the battle he has still lost out. Losing his prime weapon and all the possible treasure is a complete pisser.

Now what I do wonder is if and when Ricther does return will he find mutated worms? From eating all the magically imbibed creatures I can see slightly hellish death worms. Perhaps some other underground species will evolve into some death type creatures. After all there should be thousands of them scattered not including those that were incinerated.

2. AndyJ

AndyJ Level 12 (Rogue) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The Hellspawn Mauler probably has Hellspawn Parasites that would eat it from the inside out once it died.

At the very least the MV could harvest some VERY high level leather from its hide. Who knows how powerful of a bag of holding that Richter could make with that.

3. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Even a couple leg bones would be enough to add to his collection on the town hall.

4. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    And bones aren’t going to rot either. We can’t rule out a creature that eats bones though.

5. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 12 (Rogue) Citizen

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Richter might be hesitant to add the bones of a hellspawn mauler to his town hall. He talked in book 7 about not using trophies from evil creatures and I'm guess the hellspawn mauler counts as evil.

6. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Which itself seems like a dumb decision to jump into. He hasn't tried anything from good or evil creatures and just automatically makes the assumption that it will turn out one way. Vanquishing an evil creature and putting up its trophy could be beneficial to good aligned races and vice versa. Like "we kill evil guys here" instead of "we kill good guys here". At a minimum he should give it a go and see before just losing out on the knowledge. Plus whatever bonus the Mauler gives would be doubled since mortal enemy, possibly causing them to lose out twice.

7. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I totally agree!

The rock giant, the Litchs skull if it can be found, and the maulers skull should all be mounted.

I also like the idea of leaving his sword in its skull.

Joe Schmoe likes this.
  8. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah I feel the same, he can always just take them down if he doesnt like what he gets. I think itd be a good bonus though.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  9. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 12 (Rogue) Citizen

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What if it gave a permanent negative alignment modifier for everybody in the village. lol

Sorry. I have to be argumentative. It's in my DNA.

10. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The longer Ricthers Sword is left on the mauler the more abilities it can possible absorb. He could use the skull as his office sheath.

Andrew Lynas and Waterhobit like this.
  11. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    its the law.jpg

12. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Should Richter also get a Dragon Blood Line?

13. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Can you have more than one? Seems either op, or like your limiting your potential by not focusing on one blood line

Mister Bill likes this.
  14. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    well he is limitless, so as long as he has lives long enough he can get far down each path. Focus? we already know Richter can not focus. He can't even seem to get a focus.

15. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So the two twins were talking to Ricther.

When he said he wished he had a picture of them. As he was playing like he was taking a picture he said “hold on while I focus.”

The boy twin asked his sister “What did Lord Ricther say?”

The girl twin clarified “He is going to focus.”

Then Her brother asked “Is he going to focus both-us?”

Johan likes this.
  16. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What creature did Richter fight, only having to fight its parasites inside aswell, when it died?

17. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I would think that it might be Possible to have multiple BloodLines, although very Rare, and there might be some troubles if the BloodLines Conflict with each over in someway. But with Richters Limitless Ability and his Chaos Essesnce I would think that it's much, much more likely for him to be able to get multiple BloodLines then others. Of him getting a Dragon Bloodline perhaps, especially if he can Absorb more DragonBlood, DragonKin Marks and essences. Maybe a Glass Psi Dragon BloodLine

Last edited: Mar 12, 2022
  18. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I agree that his being is probably the most suited to it, but I expect their to be downsides even if they don't conflict. Like hard splitting the available blood points or doubling the required essence for leveling.

I guess my thing is that unless he's still in his chaotic Flux phase, or maybe if using draconic blood essence to level his current bloodline counts (seems too much like double dipping to me), he shouldn't really be able to absorb more/ level his dragon kin mark through contact with dragon stuff. Unless there's a hidden perk in his Dragon kin mark, the only reason he got the first rank was because it was his magic core building mark. The second was due to bonding with Alma so maybe if he levels psi bond to 14 he could gain another mark level that way.

If course with his luck it'll be something like :

"congratulations, you saw a shadow dragon in the distance, your dragon kin mark has leveled to level three and you have gained the draconic bloodline: piercing shadow flame. You now can now expend bloodline points to enter the shadow plane for 0.5sec per BP expended. You can expend bps to enter a shadow form where physical damage will be reduced by bp*1%. Also you may increase your base perception with this blood line. Due to the interaction of this new blood line with your mark of the dragon kin, while in meseji form you may choose to use a shadow flame attack instead of glass flame. Shadow flames bypass all physical armor and enchantments to attack the target directly.
    Your BP total and regen rate have now doubled. You're basically a God of the battle field and stealth. Yay. "

Mister Bill and Johan like this.
  19. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'll take immortality. Than you!
    Dracolich.
    Litch Dragon.

20. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

64%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Gross. You couldn’t taste pizza that way. Would unlife even be worth living?