Blurble blurble blurble - Do you like this blurb?

Discussion in 'All Things LitRPG' started by Thomas Davidsmeier, Sep 11, 2018.

?

Does that blurb and cover make you want to read the book?

1. Yes. Both are awesome sauce.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, but they could be better.

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. No. Both are terrible.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, the cover is terrible.

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  5. No, the blurb is terrible.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Thomas Davidsmeier

Thomas Davidsmeier Level 12 (Rogue) LitRPG Author Citizen

0%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hey folks!

I'm in the editing stage on my first LitRPG offering, and I'm trying to get the Amazon page blurb together. Let me know what you think! After the cover, the blurb is supposed to be the next biggest thing that helps people decide if they want to read a book.

"WARNING: This book contains intense RPG-style combat and discussions of game mechanics.

Christopher McKnight and Jeremy Rogers loved playing games together as kids. But now as teenagers, both are struggling with personal tragedies.

Overwhelmed and frustrated, Jeremy wants to make others share in his pain.

Torn between protecting others and helping his friend, Christopher finds himself in an impossible position.

Then in a crowded cafeteria, desperate prayers are answered in the most unexpected ways. Angelic and demonic invitations pull Christopher, Jeremy, and their friends into a game the size of a world.

For Christopher to save the people left behind, he will have to win a game he has never played against an opponent who knows him all too well. Can Christopher McKnight save the ones he loves by finding the courage and skills to win in the Divided Lands?"

By the way, here's the cover in its mostly completed form:
    IMG_1076.PNG

2. Windfall

Windfall Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

25%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    How about something like...

"WARNING: This book contains intense RPG-style combat and discussions of game mechanics.

Childhood friends Christopher McKnight and Jeremy Rogers grew up playing games together. As teenagers, personal tragedies have left them estranged. Overwhelmed and frustrated, Jeremy turns to violent outlets for his emotions, while Christopher, torn between protecting others and helping his friend, finds himself in an impossible position.

In a crowded cafeteria, the two boys' desperate prayers are answered in the most unexpected ways, as angelic and demonic invitations pull Christopher, Jeremy, as well as many of their friends into a game the size of a world.

For Christopher to save the people left behind, he will have to win a game he has never played against an opponent who might know him all too well. Can Christopher find the courage and skills to win in the Divided Lands and save the people he loves?"

(I think it still needs a bit more polish...) And what does it mean by 'save the people left behind'?

Thomas Davidsmeier likes this.
  3. Windfall

25%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    As for the cover... shouldn't the face be a bit more... er... young-ish?

4. Thomas Davidsmeier

0%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    In the Game world he looks older. He actually is insecure about leading older guys until he sees himself in a mirror and realizes he looks older.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  5. Thomas Davidsmeier

0%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I like some of the wording changes here. I'll totally steal them. The blurb is definitely a work in progress.

Paul Bellow and Windfall like this.
  6. Windfall

25%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Right now he doesn't look realistically... human... is what I was trying to say...

Paul Bellow likes this.