Castlevania

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga, Light Novels' started by Felicity Weiss, Jul 9, 2017.

?

Have you watched Castlevania yet?

1. Does this bunch of garlic and stake look like I'm playin'? Of course I watched it.

100.0%
  2. Nah, because I don't have Netflix and I don't know how to dl/watch sponsored content illegally.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Felicity Weiss

Felicity Weiss Musey Muse Muse Shop Owner Citizen

62%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Oregon
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    @Dust9zero and I watched Netflix's Castlevania together over Skype, bc we're cool cats like that and *I* enjoyed it. There were some 'omg did that really just happen?' moments which tickled me. Plus, the nostalgia factor. I was one of those kids that played it on Nintendo.

In other anime news, I started watching the Chinese anime 'The Kings Avatar'. I think I found the recommendation somewhere on these forums. Not sure. If so, thanks! It scratches that gaming itch quite nicely.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  2. Eden Redd

Eden Redd Sexy Witch Monster (Queen of Sexy LitRPG ) LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen

65%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm watching a few episodes tonight. Super excited!

Felicity Weiss likes this.
  3. Eden Redd

Eden Redd Sexy Witch Monster (Queen of Sexy LitRPG ) LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen

65%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Okay, didn't know the whole season was 4 episodes. Watched all of them and loved it! Alucard......warm my dreams on flights of bats. ;)

4. Seagrim

Seagrim Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Now my wife and I are going to have to watch that. This is what happens when you cancel cable, you get overwhelmed with all of the things out there to watch. Didn't even know that it existed...Kari likes Castlevania.

Felicity Weiss and Eden Redd like this.
  5. Felicity Weiss

62%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Oregon
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Have moved from Castelvania > to Kings Avatar to > currently: Full-Time Magister

6. Readsalot

Readsalot Level 13 (Assassin) Citizen

68%
    xp:
    Zone:
    South Africa
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I kind of liked it, but I've watched so many anime that it is difficult not to compare it. And the one area where Castlevania lacked was the voice acting. Story was decent, though short, the characters were fairly interesting though somewhat one-dimensional and the action was okay. But unless they get better, especially with the voice acting, I don't know if I will ever become their biggest fan.

To their credit, though, at least it didn't feel like it was aimed at kids and it was a lot better than most Western animated series I've seen in a while.

A fairly solid 7/10, I think - not bad, but it didn't blow me away.

PS Thanks for the reminder about King's Avatar! I downloaded the first couple of episodes when it first came out, but then decided to wait until there were more to watch. Might just give it a go this week...

7. Readsalot

68%
    xp:
    Zone:
    South Africa
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Oh man, started watching King's Avatar last night and it is EXCELLENT! A must-watch for fans of RPG anime like Log Horizon, Sword Art Online, Overlord, etc. While watching I kept on expecting somebody to shout LEEEEEEROY JENKIIIINS! :D:D:D:D

Only watched the first five episodes last night, but can already tell it's going to be one of my favourites. My brother also commented that suddenly he has the urge to play WOW again :p

Felicity Weiss and Eden Redd like this.
  8. Felicity Weiss

62%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Oregon
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    My fav character is the guy who says PKPKPKPKPKPKPK all the time. He totally reminds me of the ppl always wanting to duel you in Goldshire. Spot on caricature : )

Readsalot likes this.
  9. Readsalot

68%
    xp:
    Zone:
    South Africa
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I actually had to pause the episode for a bit, my brother and I were laughing so hard at his trash talk.

10. Soulpuppy

Soulpuppy Level 6 (Footpad) Beta Reader Citizen

3%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah I was surprised by how good it was. I was expecting it to take itself super seriously and when it didn't I was on board all the way. Well done humor will invariably make me a fan!

Paul Bellow likes this.