ALL THESE Content errors, books preceeding 7

Discussion in 'World Mechanics' started by ShoughtLoud, Apr 24, 2020.

1. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Book 3

You have eaten: Green Waterthread. You will recover 22 health over 300 seconds.
    Richter did some quick math and figured that outside of the bonus he got for his Herb Lore, the base healing would have been 30 health over 30 seconds. That was three times as strong as the previous healing herbs he had been using. Hopefully, it would make a proportionally stronger potion as well.
    Not only should it be 300 seconds vs 30sec (to be three times as effective as the sage that gave 10 over 300) but somehow with 117% bonus effectiveness from the skill level 39, 10% less time for it to take full effect (initiate bonus) and +25% to positive effect of a consumed herb (apprentice bonus)... He's getting 8 less health per 300 seconds than his own calculated base.

The healing sage should be 24.2 over 270 seconds and the water thread should be 72.6 over 270 seconds. (also all 300 second timers should be 270 seconds /4 and a half minutes) [./SPOILER]

Abe fromen, Cire122 and Johan like this.
  2. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Mentioned this (amongst others) to him a few books back.

ShoughtLoud and Cire122 like this.
  3. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Just cataloging :) was pretty sure I wasn't the only one to notice, just one of the more heinous things I noticed in this most recent read through. Literally brought me to a screeching halt I thought "f**cking what hold up"

Johan likes this.
  4. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Book 1 Chapter 23
    There was even an elvish shipwright and her apprentices.
    Book 5 Chapter 38/39
    Noncombat Professions: Alchemist: Beyan, Tabia
    Combat Professions: Warriors: Mimi

Book 7 Chapter 74
    The Lists of people Nexus had absconded with and the Professionals they had gained
    upload_2020-5-5_18-13-27.png
    Wasn't Shiovana already a Shipwright?
    upload_2020-5-5_18-14-28.png

Book 7 Chapter 77
    The work assignments of the old villagers:
    upload_2020-5-5_18-4-4.png
    upload_2020-5-5_18-7-30.png
    Missing:
    Miner: Poltan? Representative from bk 1
    Lumberjack: Berin? Representative from bk 1
    Weaver: Hilda? Representative from bk 1
    Carpenter: Ulin? Representative from bk 1
    Herbalist: Isabella? She has village (not real) job
    Odd:
    Warrior: Wisteria? Representative from bk 1 she has a job but none of the other reprenatives?
    Crafter: Burk? I guess locksmith is not good enough?
    upload_2020-5-5_18-8-14.png
    upload_2020-5-5_18-8-42.png
    No updated list including new slaves from goblin raid.
    Combat Professionals
    WarriorMageRangerRogue
    Mimi
    Cath
    Ygritte
    Wisteria
    Sumiko
    Quasea
    Zarr
    UlindeHanso
    Noncombat Professionals
    holderholder2holder3
    holderholder2holder3

Attached Files:

5. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Question is, how many of them worked as things vs how many had the profession?

Shiovani could have worked as a shipwright, in fact she would have been doing so for years, before getting the profession. Similarly Krom has been calling himself a smith since long before he went. Profession is a little like confirmatiion, you were already christian/ shipwright/ smith/ etc. but now you have confirmed it before the powers that be.Now you are more than just another unimportan gnat, you have become a grunt, someone worthy of becoming cannon fodder.

Most never get a profession in the first place, but they still have jobs and jobtitles.

Others like mimi may have simply died offscreen.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  6. Hmmm

Hmmm Level 8 (Thug) Exiles Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    In book 2 Richter says he did not know what it felt like to have magic awakened. How did Quasea teach him Dark spells in book 1?

Book 2
    “By the Right of My Power, I Awaken Your Power,” she breathed, and Richter felt for the first time what he had made others feel.

Book 1
    The spell that was necessary for the mission came from Quasea, Troubled Sleep I, but required a skill level of three in Dark magic. She also taught him two level one spells that he cast relentlessly until his Dark magic level increased to level three.

7. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Perhaps he just wasn't paying attention the first time.

8. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    His first powers were presumably awakened in various ways that did not involve another Master. Thats what he feels, not the awakening of a new type of magic, but the process of a Master awakening a power in him.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    Andrew Lynas likes this.
  9. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    “That is the Heart Crystal, Lord Richter. It is the embodiment of your dominion over these lands and the source of your connection to the village.”

“Does that mean if someone takes it from me suddenly they own the village?” Richter asked with some alarm in his voice.

“In its current state, yes, but you can bind yourself to the stone. By doing that, you and your bloodline will be tied to this village and the Powers it resides upon. You will also be granted the powers inherent in the crystal.”

“What powers?” “Each Place of Power has certain characteristics depending on the composition of ley lines that creates it. As I stated before, this village sits upon a strong collection of Air, Water, Dark and Life ley lines. Binding to the Heart Crystal will tie your soul to the Place of Power. By fulfilling certain requirements, you will obtain mastery of each of those Powers in turn.”

Kong, Aleron. The Land: Founding: A LitRPG Saga (Chaos Seeds Book 1) . Aleron Kong. Kindle Edition.

Richter gained defacto Mastery of the four powers.

Edit: Having done a bit of rereading, this might be a continuity error. Its also possible she used a spellbook to teach him though.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  10. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 12 (Rogue) Citizen

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Richter wasn't given mastery of the four powers when claiming the heart crystal he had to earn their mastery though quests. He only became a master of dark and water magic in book 8. Quasia definitely taught him his first dark magic spells in book 1. It is possible that she gave him a spell book for his first spell, but I'm not sure why she would, unless perhaps only masters of a place of power are able to actually awaken magic directly.

11. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah your right. I was pretty sure he got the bonus, but thats me misremembering.

As I wrote in my Edit, it may very well be a continuity error. On the other hand it could also be that she had a couple level 1 spellbooks laying around.

Before leaving the shop he opened and read each book. The same process occurred as with the Book of Weak Charm, each crumbling to dust and leaving him with a new spell. Reading them gave him two new corresponding skills. There was also a pleasing third prompt.

Congratulations! You have learned the skill: Earth Magic. You can utilize the magic of the very rocks. With Earth magic you can poison your enemies, summon powerful creatures and greatly increase your defense. A master of this Basic Element can sunder the very… earth.

Congratulations! You have learned the skill: Water Magic. This magic lets you use ice to kill and water to drown your enemies. It is also the Basic Element most used to confuse and befuddle the senses. A master of this Power can lock cities into frozen wastelands.

Kong, Aleron. The Land: Founding: A LitRPG Saga (Chaos Seeds Book 1) . Aleron Kong. Kindle Edition.

Of course presumably Richter learned earth magic straight from Zarr, the earth Master mage (he was only level 17 in book 1? I'm going to assume he has been powerleveled to level 20 and now has a mage profession. Assuming Richter isn't a complete idiot). So it may still be continuity error.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  12. Hmmm

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:

Beyan's level confusion
    Book 4
    Beyan smiled with sick fatalism. His hand continued its bloody work. “You forget. There was another Death mage in the family. They discovered my talent when I was five years old and for the next year, I practiced incessantly until I reached skill level eleven and could cast the spell Weak Commune with Dead.
    Book 5
    Beyan paused again. “The truth is that I have never used the spell to animate the bones before. It is from one of the spell books that I never learned. In the last fight, though, I reached skill level ten in Death magic.

Johan and PokemonThug like this.
  13. Hmmm

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    War Leader ..Power level confusion

BK5
    Power Level II appeared. This next Badge cost two hundred fifty war points but increased the experience allocation to 20%.....He purchased the badge. Power Level III appeared...

BK7
    He accessed the promotions and badges prompt of his war screen....
    9) Power Level I: 10% of war party’s total experience may be funneled to one member

14. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    epic find, I mean ok so Dude reaches lvl 11 in Death magic AND ONLY THEN STARTS TO COMMUNE with the Dead for MONEY.

So in like 3 years of casting this spell, Beayn was not able to level his magic even a single level? By Ak's error he even has he lost a level wtf..

15. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Skill detoriation from nonuse? Beyan diden't use his magic for a decade.

Waterhobit and Andrew Lynas like this.
  16. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well I was listening to and reading book four...that was updated apparently (sometime after March 2020) . The success Condition is from the previous quest.

Screenshot_20210112-205447~2.png

17. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    OK I get that the proof readers are probably just friends doing this in their spare time, but how are they not getting the parts literally highlighted like quest windows right.

18. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Forest Movement again

Love this screenshots for this inconsistency.
    Screenshot_20210426-163600~2.png
    upload_2021-4-26_16-23-56.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
    Mister Bill likes this.
  19. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah, it’s a little instance how many errors like this there are.

20. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid: