Core Token

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by 2tymes, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Not too mention that we got teased with espionage of stealing blueprints. I mean why go to the trouble of having Randy be a spy and Richter mentioning he is going to have his own double O's and not go there? As of now the MV could use just about any level 2 blueprint and like anyone would have an ethical issue stealing from Yves.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  2. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I agree that the rulers of Yves are wide open for theft. Although Ricther shouldn’t steal anything from the guilds. Unless someone puts themselves in direct conflict with the Mist Village. It would be to Ricthers advantage to try and keep it with the Count and perhaps his best friends.

3. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 12 (Rogue) Citizen

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think Richter's relationships with the guilds will be very mixed. The guild of engineers for instance is a group that he will want to develop a relationship with, and perhaps invite them to setup a chapter in the MV. The Mage and Alchemist guilds will likely be very bitter toward him though, for freely sharing information and breaking their monopolies.

4. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Only when they find out.

5. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Risky with a big yvesian guild putting down a root in the village. Those are political entities much more powerful than he is.

He should found his own guilds, setting them up so they adhere to the work laws of the mist kingdom.

6. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I agree he should start his own.

Even so he should still keep a favorable reputation with all the guilds he can. After all he needs items the sell and offer. If he can find those items for free at the Counts house or at one of his close friends he should relieve them of their property.

7. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Can the core token be used on the celestial tree?

8. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Its not a building, it is a sentient being, but it is also a town feature. I'm inclined to say no.

9. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    For destroying a level 4 Core building: Free Promotion of any Core settlement building which your settlement already possesses. This promotion can exceed the level cap imposed by the settlement’s central building (ie Townhall)

Kong, Aleron. The Land: Monsters: A LitRPG Saga (Chaos Seeds Book 8) . Tamori Publications, LLC. Kindle Edition.

Can we infer from this that core buildings are level locked by the townhall as well? If so, does this mean the lich has a settlement somewhere?

Johan and Captain BlackJack like this.
  10. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 12 (Rogue) Citizen

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If a building was grown within the tree though, the token might be viable. It has been explained that most sprite buildings are grown rather than built, and I believe it is mentioned that there are buildings within trees including within the HT. If the token were used on such a building though, it would likely only increase the level of the building within the tree, but not increase the level of the tree. This would seem like a bit of a waste to me though, as the building within the tree could likely be leveled up over time though as it is sort of a living building. The token would be better spent on something else.

Dragon likes this.
  11. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well it is a core token that is to be used on a core structure. So does that automatically specify that it has to be made from a magic core or could it be used on a seed core as well.

Personally, with the description of the HT and knowing it’s powers grow as it levels. I would think it reasonable to consider the tokens use on the celestial tree. After all it was made from a seed core. It wasn’t just naturally grown. I believe the celestial tree is already a structure in which the pixies live. It hasn’t been magically modified for anything else yet but the tree itself is a core structure that does grow naturally and can be magically modified by the sprites.

Johan likes this.
  12. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He pissed in Richter's cup. We know pixies can drink, they just don't need to

13. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Doesn't this point bring us back to whether the Lich was a master of a POP. Now if that were the case Richter should have seen it in his prompts....unless he needs to view the corpse. And now we are back to needing to excavate that area. Though perhaps the core building was part of the POP that the Lich gave Nien. Also that was a level 4 building so likely had at least a level 3 townhall. Boy this is one many layered onion.

Johan likes this.
  14. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You can have a settlement without a pop. Therefore no need for the lich to be a Master to have a town hall.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  15. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Also would a Core Mausoleum actually need a Town Hall to Level, I suspect not.

Johan likes this.
  16. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:

17. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I might be with Lynas on this one. If he only had the core building, does that make it a settlement, and are buildings not in settlements limited? What about a hermit in the woods away from any claimed lands? Does his hovel count as a settlement?

If it was a settlement, as an undead a core mausoleum might double as "town hall" seeing as it was easily central to his "settlement". It's basically the only building needed to function for the lich and his minions.

Johan, Captain BlackJack and 2tymes like this.
  18. 2tymes

2tymes Level 11 (Thief) Exiles Citizen

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I’m still of the thinking the the lich was the Master of a POP. Seeing as how Nein was his vassal and the master of a POP in his own right. But that discussion has been beaten to death. My thought now is if it was built on a POP and it had a death ley line what bonuses would a level 4 core building expressing one of the ley lines (potentially) give the lich. May explain how strong he was when fighting the demon. ( I know he also rec gift/power from the exile as well)

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  19. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He might have avoided being in a Lay Line (even a Death Lay Line) due to not wanting his use of Eldrich Magic to be Detected via being in contact with one?

20. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I would think that the previous leader of the sprites, probably having access to a core building book, would have found a building that can act as a central building as one of its aspects. Being an undead(?) Settlement I don't know if other buildings were needed. But given the size of the building, any number rooms functioning as pseudo buildings could be made. An example of this is the functional herb shed building as a room on the Philosopher's Cauldron.

2tymes and Captain BlackJack like this.