Core Token

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by 2tymes, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I’m thinking that similar to the hearth tree being a “high rise” structure of sorts the mausoleum was a multi level pyramid of sorts.
    AK also likes to take from other things. So why couldn’t the mausoleum be more like a real pyramid and have different rooms with different purposes.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
    Johan likes this.
  2. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The book you mention is likely the one Hisako has mentioned to Richter about core buildings. I would agree a core building is likely able to have other functions. Though we do not see this with the FOH. At least not yet.

Johan likes this.
  3. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I am just waiting for an additional function attached to the forge. It might have already happened but because Richtær did not have a quest That specifically mentioned it, he does not know of it.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  4. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I’m still interested in that as well.

I would like to see Ricther shook the dwarves. Either by showing them how to make a forced air intake.

Or even something as simple as a wood gasifier.

5. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Like virtually the entire population (outside of a handfull of hobbyists) Richter has no idea how either of those work. Even if he did, without some form of guide he would have to design the wood gasifier from scratch knowing only a few principles - nothing simple about that. That does not seem like something Richter will be able to do, you'd need a thinker and tinkerer to do the real work. Plus Aleron has said there won't be modern technology in the land.

Out of curiosity, what advantage would either bring to a local smithy?

6. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Have you ever seen the Flintstones?

A fan blade hooked up to some bicycle petals?

A wood gasifier?

Come on Drag he made a still! Really there isn’t much difference.

It’s really odd he could leave out the fermentation process and automatically make whiskey. But he can’t heat wood and burn the gas?

7. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well build a water wheel, add a couple of steps here, and you have controllable bellows, just a question of adjusting how much air is used. I'm just not convinced Richter would have the knowhow of setting up such a thing nor the inclination. I think Krom or one of the other smiths would be far more able to build a waterpowered blower. Given the scale of the current forge it would make sense to automate some of the hard work and automation means you no longer need to depend on manpower.

Why use gas? Coal makes for a more controllable fire that you can build according to requirements. Its also readily available.

Choosing a Gas or Coal Forge for the Small Farm Shop - Small Farmer's Journal

According to this a coal forge is harder to operate but also better for larger projects.

Might be worth it with a gas forge for smaller projects if they can get them hot enough.

8. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    This is the man Richter needs in his forge. Arguably one of the greatest smiths of all time he combines ancient knowledge with modern technology. He could probably figure out what physical laws have been changed to prevent technology (or alternatively what laws the chaos lords changed) and work around them to produce epic swords :)

https://austinot.com/angel-sword-best-sword-maker-world

9. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Modern technology, no. But we have already seen improved smithing tools. Improved alloys. There is no doubt more improvements are coming that may have some similar effects but not be modern tech. Btw isn't funny that no modern tech but there are portals? That's beyond transporters in Star Trek. Yeah I know that its magic...the irony is enjoyable.

10. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well advance far enough and technology becomes indistinguishable from magic. That's true in reverse.

That said, i'm pretty sure portals were around long before anyone had thought of science fiction.

11. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    In a way this is kind of a crappy reward. Ricthers war party destroyed a level four core building. As Ricther is told he will receive a core token he only gets the choice of reward for destruction of a level 1, 2, 3, or 4 facility. The way I see it he really only has one choice for the reward of a level four core building. He could choose any reward for the destruction of a lesser core building. Which to me in a way wouldn’t make sense as the benefits should be greater for the next higher building. In a way it seems to me that the rewards just don’t seem to add up.

Anyhow I’m not sure I wouldn’t take the 3rd option. Ricther just needs some blue prints. I just hate his town hall isn’t level 10. Using the the third option for a free building that is 2 levels higher then that of the town hall. Afterwards I would drop the magic core In it thay just seems optimal to me.

Then again ranking a core building up might be that much better.

12. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Reward two could be powerful but only if the math is sneaky.

Like a smithy of max building quality has a 10% chance to randomly increase the quality of a piece made inside it. If the 25% is added, instead of just moving the bonus to 12.5%, a 35% chance would be amazing. It would be better than adding a level to the smithy, since it would essentially lower the leveling requirement to ~<300 exquisite works (I think that's the one below master work)

Johan and Captain BlackJack like this.
  13. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah, I had thought about that. If you were just starting out and could throw the 25% in on the base that could be big especially if it was built with the highest materials. Then given a core.

14. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Almost certainly it moves the arrow to 12.5%. Which is still pretty good, but somewhat worse than the next option. That plus 2 to level might just allow you to bypass the max level for that particular building. If said building was a town hall... (not happening XD)

15. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I agree, definitely would be just 12.5%, just a random thought about how much better it could be.

Given that there is now a clear benefit to breaking core buildings before taking out their core, some future core might get tossed in a core siege golem or something, designed specifically to f**k core buildings up.

Joe Schmoe and Johan like this.
  16. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Could it be argued that Ricther had already defeated the Litch. Then was granted the ability to withdraw the magic core before the mausoleum was destroyed?

HEY, SHOUT!

Does it seem that my theory on the Sakaru Pixie was right?

Had it bonded to the wall of the dungeon?

And the dungeon woke it up when it twanged the string of chaos? :D

Please EVERYONE chime in here.

1. So how much energy do you think the dungeon would have gained from the chrysalis?

In comparison in size the dungeon is vastly larger then the trees and the ant that were empowered by the Sakaru pixies. Also the dungeon consumes energies before it learns and empowers them.

Even so the pixie throws off so much magic.

2. Is it possible the dungeon didn’t consume the chrysalis because it knew it contained a sentient being?

3. Or was it just consuming all of its magic first?

17. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That is the order the events happened in.
    So it would appear that core constructions without a master can be destroyed and then claimed post the destruction, to gain both a core and core token.

No?

18. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Lol

:)

You know it’s right!

I suppose three out of four is better then a stick in the eye. I would hate to tell Elora it’s chrysalis was in the dungeon before it came out to hit the Litch in the face. I still wonder how it got in? It wouldn’t have had permission to fly through the entrance. That carries me back to the Dungeons exterior traps consuming it.

19. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It could have been in the Area where the Dungeon is now when the BloodStone Teleported the Dungeon there and was Pulled/Moved into it at that time?

20. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm going to say no to the bond. No reply was needed. You could have put that in the poll section.