Cores, Potions, & Everything Magical

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Captain BlackJack, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I would like for Richter try and make some Wands, although he might need either someone to show him how, or to find a Schematic (once he has one he maybe able to figure out to make other types). Wand making may be a Sub-Skill of Crafting &/or Enchanting.

Speaking of, I am wondering what Sub-Skills might exist for the Enchanting Skill?

Aleron has said no Guns for The Land, which I agree on, but perhaps some inspiration could come from them. Like Wands in the shape of Pistols, Short Magic Staffs in the shape of a Rifle, or extra, extra Large Wands/Staffs that can be used like Cannons for Ships, Sieges and Fortifications.

Or how about a Crossbow that can have multiple Wands (2-3) attached in it's frame and fired from it, switching between Wands depending on need.

2. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    How long would it take for a magical item such as a seed core to mutate a normal creature?

Consider it having constant exposure to the skin?

Mister Bill likes this.
  3. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hisako told Ricther that if someone had an item tied to another location it could be used to open a portal to that location. Like they did with the bone with the Lichs mausoleum.

So what does Ricther have that is intrinsically tied to another location?
    That’s RIGHT!

Ricther has the roots the hearth mother gave him.

What are the chances Xuetrix uses them to send Ricther home? I hope it’s ZERO!

But could they be used to open a portal from inside the dungeon? Then use that open portal to create a dungeon entrance? The open portal to the Hearth Tree would allow the dungeon to sense the Place of Power the Tree is sitting on plus the power of the tree. If that doesn’t feed the dungeons desires I don’t know what would.

Mister Bill likes this.
  4. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Nope those roots were in his bag. The bag currently in sion’s possession.

5. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That’s right. One less thing Xuetrix can try to mess him out of.

So no comment about using a portal to another place of power and trying to create a dungeon entrance?

With the Kinders settlement close to a 1/2 days walk and the HT about a 1 1/2 days walk I don’t think it will be a problem.

6. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If Ricther learned how to trap human souls could he use any soul bonded items they have?

Seeing how he would possess their soul it might work like a key.

What would be the result of a soul bonded item up graded with the original owners soul?

7. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think the fallout from the hearth mother would outway any potential benefit of messing with refined souls.

on another note richter should really get a war leader expertise book, probably should give it to terrod though. The lands version of The Art of War would greatly help his people survive the bugbears and any other following threat. Neither of them have a clue what they are doing and war movies aren’t very informative. Modern day thinking is actually detrimental (author prerogative aside) to winning medieval battles. The art of war is timeless though, as relevant today as it was when it was written in ancient china.

richters attitude in book 6 should have gotten yoshi beating the shit out of him. There is no better way to get your people killed then doing your own thing in war.

Mister Bill likes this.
  8. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It’s been thirty years since I read the “Art Of War”. Personally I never saw it as the end all to military strategy. I do see it as a book that awakens peoples thought processes to warfare tactics. I believe that there are other books that would be more valuable. I don’t recall any marshaling skills taught in it. Studying strategic actions of skirmishes and battles would be very important. I know a lot of people think the same way of “The Prince” in political means.

I think Hisako already has issues that Ricther has caused her to deal with. Such as the bloodstone dungeon and chaotic magic. When Hisako learns what’s at steak with the age of chaos she might easily overcome any issues with trapping chaotic souls. The action of trapping bad souls in order to prevent those bad souls from working their evil in the land might be of interest to Her.

Dragon and Mister Bill like this.
  9. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It isn’t the end all but it is a very firm foundation from which to build and that is something they desperately need, Especially richter. Every time I read the land, as much as I like the story certain things annoy the hell out of me. Like richters attitude towards asking questions and his attitude at the start of the goblin battle. I have no doubt the yoshi being the experienced war leader could have planned an even more effective use of those traps, had he known about them.

Recently finished 6 again and yeah this is kinda venting that annoyance.

10. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Months perhaps for it to evolve into a variant species?

11. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ricther has had the ability to turn no magical stone into empty soul stones. Once those stones contain souls they contain magical power. Could Ricther cast his new spell that turns magically charged stone into magic Crystal on his soul stones?

12. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    In the last book Ricther had killed something like 33 tier 1 vorms and between him and the Orcs they killed 2-3 tier 2 vorms. With it taking so long for Ricther to blood harvest can he use his blood mana spell on the smaller vorms to speed up his harvest ability?

13. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I believe its a different pool?

14. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It is. Unless he is talking about the spell dread harvest, then yeah any use of blood magic gets him closer. On the other hand any potential materials he gains from the raider worms are useless to his evolution. Which means he can advance his bloodline a bit.

Captain BlackJack likes this.