Cores, Potions, & Everything Magical

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Captain BlackJack, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Hmmm

Hmmm Level 8 (Thug) Exiles Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I would expect Randy to have a strong understanding of how to be successful in the labyrinth. He took part in many successful raids while observing other adventurers. He even got many boons.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  2. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That’s very true. Randy doesn’t only have first hand knowledge and experience but he knows a lot of lore. That still doesn’t mean he knows everything. Ricther and Roswan will have more empirical knowledge as time goes on due to being a Master or Keeper in regards to the dungeons.

3. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    On our previous site I had posted a theory about magic in the Land. It was basically a theory about magic, time, exposure and strength/density of magic. Which was Shout-ed down by some. Someone had even posed if it were true then one could simply stand at the well of offering and spam spells directly into it.

Original I had commented about Ricther having cast a his village light spell to eliminate the dungeon. The light spell although it is a weak spell type is imbued with enough magic that it would last a full year. After Ricther walks out the Dungeon consumed the light. I had questioned if the dungeon had learned that spell my its consumption. I also questioned the speed at which the dungeon consumes magic and tangible things.

Now I believe it has been verified that time exposure and magical density has effects not only for the dungeon but all things. From the dungeon consuming ambient energies to magical beans effecting near by stone.

This brings me back again to Ricthers PoP and his ruined keep. If Ricther rebuilt his keep could he extenuate the magical spirals of his PoP? Besides using the center of his PoP just for one thing it could be used for multiple purposes. It shouldn’t only be used for casting or enchanting. It should be used for steeping resources in high density ambient mana.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  4. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It's possible that as his Settlement and PoP Level Increases that new Functions will Activate in the Great Seal for Richter to use. Also Futan will get new Abilities, Skills and Magic, as well as remember more.

5. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    All the more reasons to grow his PoP and to start a rebuilding his keep.

6. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Maybe cool the salt. I'm getting a little dehydrated over here. Also your 'theory' was posted as a 'fact' with no good text evidence, which is what I drew issue with. I'm all for theorizing but you tended to not like when people didn't immediately agree with everything you said on the old forum.

7. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The
    There is evidence earlier in the series. I just didn’t find it fit for me to point it out to you. It’s still there to. Sorry if you feel like I am grinding salt from the rocks thrown. You have been pretty harsh. I haven’t ever expected anyone to agree with me Immediately. I just ask people to think about things. I do wish I had access to the old forum. There were some good potatoes that I could mask some nice hash from.

What one plant or resource would you like to see Ricther steep in higher mana?

Mine is the magic crystal and any plant that replenishes health.

8. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Gilly Weed, or its Land Equivalent. Something that Boosts Senses. Experiment in creating new types of Crystal.

9. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    And your welcome to feel however you want about it, but if your gonna hash things from the past and throw digs at me when you don't have to, at least be honest about why is all I ask. Previously, you used to say things are fact that had no logical evidence available. You do that a lot less now, which I appreciate.

10. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I understand that the complete fix is in for a Library with Ricther guaranteeing the job of Librarian. Even so this is one I never really liked the idea of. With that said Ricther has a core forge and a core cauldron. A core crafting building would fit nicely with those. Thinking of it everyone always wanted to add a core to a crafters table. To me it just seemed like adding a core to any old work table. Now if you were to add a core to the crafters monocle. What third item would you use?

What do you think the results would be from adding a core to the monocle. For some reason I keep thinking of a device centered in the middle of a room with long arms holding monocles and tools that can be pulled down for use. It could be used above a crafters table or above the open floor for crafting all sorts of items. Like the forge of heavens multiple people could be working in the building. I can picture it like a overhead rail assembly with small robotic arms. Each arm having multiple and different purposes. Some would be for holding up materials or holding them in place. Some would have monocles at the end others might have cutting devices or needle like punches. Like a factory people could work around the building using the overhead arms while crafting for the MV. The Mist Villiage needs special items to go along with their potions, armor, and weapons.

11. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    In my opinion that would be a waste of the monocle. The thing is to powerful to use like that. Honestly at this point richter would be a moron to not use the core and coin to build a level 2 shield or weapon to defend the village. He knows he has too many enemies and way to many treasures that need defending. With a barely adequate military to fight the local monsters. He has been far to lucky so far, with the exiles power wiping out the undead army, the goblin commander being a slave to his rage, and the blood stone slaughtering the goblin reinforcements. Any other use of those 2 items would be gross negligence on his part. Depending on his luck stat to save his people from the alliance isn’t even a mediocre defensive strategy.

12. AndyJ

AndyJ Level 12 (Rogue) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    In that case maybe he should add the Core to his golem to supercharge it. At that point it might be able to fully shape shift, sneak into the enemy camp, and kill the enemy leadership.

13. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I agree Ricthers MV is a big target with little defenses. Personally I don’t like the idea of wasting the core on a shield. I did mention using the core token on anything. Nor did I suggest leaving the defense of his village to his luck stat.

14. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I like this idea as well. Although I think I would wait until he can build a better golem. Don’t get me wrong his golem is pretty good. It’s just everything created with better base materials is better. That’s one reason I had thought about using it with the monocle. It’s such a high level item. Powering the monocle with a core would have to be awesome. It would also allow more then one person to work with it ata time that why. It would at the very least double it’s production capability. Ricthers forge and cauldron are cool as well. I can only think what more they could have been if the base items used would have been more powerful to start with.

I really like the idea of a core golem. It would offer more then a shield or a weapon as it could be used for offense and defense. It would constantly be vigilant. To me the best part would be it’s independence in battle and it’s mobility.

AndyJ likes this.
  15. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Honestly I would rather see his core used to make a paper mill instead of a library. The ability to make all types of paper in a place where paper brings a premium would be great. Just think of the spells he would get in trade for magic paper from the Sprites, Elves, and Dwarves. His allies could use it for scrolls and spell books as well. They could use it for magical maps. To me it would be the greatest use of the core that could be applied toward a Library. He will have to have paper from somewhere for all his books.

16. Gurston

Gurston Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

98%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We know some buildings (e.g. the bank) need multipule cores. what if you need to build enough core buildings of a type near each other then they can merge in to a more powerful building (something like a core market, mint, administration center and tax center could merge to make a bank). Then if he builds a core crafters station near the forge and cauldron will he get the option to merge the 3 together into an elite core building that all production crafts can make use of?

17. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    A golem might be a better option depending on the kind of weapon available. If the core weapon is like a reusable version of the new settlement attack spell the I would say it would be better for dealing with invaders while keeping his villagers alive. If a shield was retaliatory…
    a core golem would only really be a good offensive tool. One troop no matter how powerful would absolutely fail in a protector role, even if it managed to destroy the invaders it would do it in an avenger role.

personally I would rather see the core used on a crafter building to round out the set he has got going on. In the long term it would be better for the village economy and trade. It is already obvious that my two preferred uses of it aren’t going to happen (Healing or scholars house). That wouldn’t help in the short term tough.

on another note I would love to see other settlement level super items start to appear, especially if they like the quickening offer more esoteric benefits. Boons to settlement stats, hell I’d like to see some hidden settlement stats as well. Making the village more powerful via such items doesn’t really bother me all that much. Making richter more powerful kinda does at the moment.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  18. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We actually only know that some ancient scholar had it on ‘good authority’ that banks need multiple cores, with no other details.

19. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If he can get enough Cores then I would suggest the creation of a Core Crafters Table and a Core Spell Tower, but I would check to see what a Core Library might give them, as well as Core Buildings Aligned with the MV PoP like the Healers House, ect. But it would depend on what the situation is like when it comes time to Build one.

20. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    *sniff
    The tech tree... Forever unexplored