Cores, Potions, & Everything Magical

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Captain BlackJack, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Hmmm

Hmmm Level 7 (Cutpurse) Exiles Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I would expect Randy to have a strong understanding of how to be successful in the labyrinth. He took part in many successful raids while observing other adventurers. He even got many boons.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  2. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Citizen

99%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That’s very true. Randy doesn’t only have first hand knowledge and experience but he knows a lot of lore. That still doesn’t mean he knows everything. Ricther and Roswan will have more empirical knowledge as time goes on due to being a Master or Keeper in regards to the dungeons.

3. Captain BlackJack

99%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    On our previous site I had posted a theory about magic in the Land. It was basically a theory about magic, time, exposure and strength/density of magic. Which was Shout-ed down by some. Someone had even posed if it were true then one could simply stand at the well of offering and spam spells directly into it.

Original I had commented about Ricther having cast a his village light spell to eliminate the dungeon. The light spell although it is a weak spell type is imbued with enough magic that it would last a full year. After Ricther walks out the Dungeon consumed the light. I had questioned if the dungeon had learned that spell my its consumption. I also questioned the speed at which the dungeon consumes magic and tangible things.

Now I believe it has been verified that time exposure and magical density has effects not only for the dungeon but all things. From the dungeon consuming ambient energies to magical beans effecting near by stone.

This brings me back again to Ricthers PoP and his ruined keep. If Ricther rebuilt his keep could he extenuate the magical spirals of his PoP? Besides using the center of his PoP just for one thing it could be used for multiple purposes. It shouldn’t only be used for casting or enchanting. It should be used for steeping resources in high density ambient mana.

4. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

52%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It's possible that as his Settlement and PoP Level Increases that new Functions will Activate in the Great Seal for Richter to use. Also Futan will get new Abilities, Skills and Magic, as well as remember more.

5. Captain BlackJack

99%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    All the more reasons to grow his PoP and to start a rebuilding his keep.

6. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

21%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Maybe cool the salt. I'm getting a little dehydrated over here. Also your 'theory' was posted as a 'fact' with no good text evidence, which is what I drew issue with. I'm all for theorizing but you tended to not like when people didn't immediately agree with everything you said on the old forum.

7. Captain BlackJack

99%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The
    There is evidence earlier in the series. I just didn’t find it fit for me to point it out to you. It’s still there to. Sorry if you feel like I am grinding salt from the rocks thrown. You have been pretty harsh. I haven’t ever expected anyone to agree with me Immediately. I just ask people to think about things. I do wish I had access to the old forum. There were some good potatoes that I could mask some nice hash from.

What one plant or resource would you like to see Ricther steep in higher mana?

Mine is the magic crystal and any plant that replenishes health.

8. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

52%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Gilly Weed, or its Land Equivalent. Something that Boosts Senses. Experiment in creating new types of Crystal.

9. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

21%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    And your welcome to feel however you want about it, but if your gonna hash things from the past and throw digs at me when you don't have to, at least be honest about why is all I ask. Previously, you used to say things are fact that had no logical evidence available. You do that a lot less now, which I appreciate.