Cores, Potions, & Everything Magical

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Captain BlackJack, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think it would likely get it past the third free entrance and possibly close to the 4th.

I believe the Dungeon is basically a labyrinth now. After all it is part of the greater Labyrinth.

It would likely give Richter a bit more control. I suspect it would automatically expand the dungeon growing rooms, lairs, and perhaps some other dungeon type structures. The question for me is how would a core dungeon level up its core powers? I think it would definitely give a bonus to hidden structures/rooms. It should also give some sort of bonus to building. The core might increase the daily amount of dungeon points build only for building. I don’t think a magic core should increase the spawning rate. It could loosen up dungeon points by generating points for my building. It could possibly make the dungeon more Labyrinth like. The interior rooms might shift and move more often.

Maybe Ricther could find some sort of puzzle like a rubiks cube to use as a third item or perhaps some sort of tunneling creature.

2. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'd like for Richter to find a Recipe for a Lesser Polymorph Potion (low enough to be makeable by them but with room for improvement that they can do).
    Also Recipes for Chameleon Effect, Water Breathing, Scent Removal and Oil of Impact (basically an Alchemical more stable form of Nitro Glycerine, be useful for grenades, exploding arrow heads and traps, as well as mining).
    Also a Experience Book for Cooking and Mining.
    And a Enchantment for Spider Climbing/Wall Walking.
    Having find a Combat Mages Staff to keep and use would be nifty as well.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2022
    Mister Bill likes this.
  3. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You need to write a story!

4. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Can’t help but wonder how popular richter horrible rot gut is going to be once people start waking from a drunken stupor to find that their stats or traits have been permanently boosted. I can see a new adventurer drinking challenge stemming from that. The one who gets a boost pays for… whatever.

Dragon, Mister Bill and ShoughtLoud like this.
  5. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think it only boosts a stat super rarely. Like .05% of brewed potions.

6. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    At lvl one yeah .o8% I think

Mister Bill likes this.
  7. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    And only for originals, not the ones mass produced.

I think any portion with permanent effects will be put aside by the alchemist, not handed out villy nilly.

A say, +1 con healing potion is a very valuable good for the village. No doubt it could be sold at a premium regardless of how many health points you regain.

Even if they don't sell it to foreigners, it could be auctioned off to the villagers.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for free healing for all and free potions/ gear for troops as well as tax-paying adventurers. But stat-increasing potions seem like a luxury good that only the elite will want (likely as many as possible), not something that would have much of a market among the middle class.

Mister Bill likes this.
  8. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Drag, you made me think!

What about the first fruits of the celestial tree? They offer more of a benefit due to being the first fruit. So if Richter only adds one of the first fruits when the dungeon awakens it will only make the greater strength fruit.

9. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Sorry dude first fruit was a one time deal. It was the first fruit the quickening ever dropped.

Mister Bill and ShoughtLoud like this.
  10. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I suspect that there are probably Lesser Versions (knockoffs) of Magic Cores that have more Limited and Focused uses, say some can only be used for Buildings (of certain types?), others can only be used for Golems, Weapons, Ships, ect. Be interesting for Richter to find one or more of those.
    There might also be Bio Cores that can be used in Pets, Familiars, Mounts, or even on yourself, to enhance them, or Merge or Combine aspects or charalistics or physicalities of other creatures to them, or even trigger a artificial Evolution.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  11. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I would love to see figurines of wondrous power make an appearance.
    I think it was 2nd edition ADnd that had a multi volume series of books for magic items. Ranging from the wondrous to the ludicrous, I wouldn’t mind seeing some of that show up either. Mostly the ludicrous stuff because I imagine richters reaction would be entertaining.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  12. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That’s correct and the dungeon can duplicate anything it learns. Ricther still has some of the first fruits. Has someone told the dungeon it isn’t allowed to recreate the first fruits?

13. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I haven’t considered the possibility of a bio core. I only assumed the seed cores were the biological type of core. We did see the affects of a seed core on animals at the failed hearth tree.

14. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There was one first fruit and richter already ate it

ShoughtLoud and Andrew Lynas like this.
  15. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    As well as Bio type Cores then there are probably things like Necro Cores for Undead and other Core types strongly connected to the other Element Affinities. Thought, Spirit and Blood Cores would be very interesting, especially if they where also Bio type Cores as well.

16. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Indeed, only one First Fruit from the first crop of Quickening Fruit, there might be another First Fruit from the next Crop but most probably not.

17. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So your saying only one of the first fruits had the higher benefits? I could be completely wrong but my understanding was that all of the fruit from the trees first harvest were considered the first fruit. I also understood that the first fruits higher benefit only worked once for any individual. When Ricther ate his first fruit none of the other “first fruits” would give him the same boost as the first fruit he ate from the first harvest. All the subsequent fruit will be magically weaker. That was my understanding.

Mister Bill likes this.
  18. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The first fruit was very singular in its wording.
    It was the very first fruit from that tree hence the higher effect, and all others had normal effects.

besides we already have some seriously op shit going on with richters tree quests enhancing the fruits effects on the villagers. The last one being an increased chance of a celestial augmentation to a professional talent.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
    Mister Bill likes this.
  19. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If I remember correctly the First Fruit had 10× the effect then the other Quickening Fruit. Plus I think that only one Fruit per Crop can be eaten and have an effect on the eater, but not completely sure of that.

20. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    They are. Richter just got the first, first fruit, which was a legendary herb.

It took some of Richter's choices away. I don't think getting an evil alignment would be good after bonding with the quickening, a being that abhors evil.

That could be a problem. Except

and finally, what the tree wants in exchange for its gifts.

He immediately gets his first task, like a little good boy.

He also gets rewarded for entering the quickenings service.

+ 10% intelligence
    + 100% to the secondary stat resillience
    + 10 levels to the skill cloud running

Finally he gets rewarded with a personal message from the quickening.