Cores, Potions, & Everything Magical

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Captain BlackJack, Sep 30, 2020.

1. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Know This! You have consumed the flesh of the First Fruit of a Quickening. By eating this Unique herb, you are now bound to this Quickening.

This line alone just called the first fruit a unique herb. That literally means just one. The rest are quickening fruits.

Mister Bill likes this.
  2. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

59%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I assumed it was the first fruit of the harvest.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  3. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

59%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well, unique rank, at least.

4. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

24%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think everyone who eats the fruit of the quickening becomes (bounded) tied to it. The tree doesn’t only change Ricther it also changes everyone else that consumes its fruit. The tree did recognize Ricther specifically. It recognized Ricther due to him allowing Elora to bond with it. You are correct that Richters Notice was singular. I think it would have been a bit improper for an individual recipient to get a prompt in a plural form. I believe everyone else that eats of the first harvest or any of the following harvest will get a notice in a similar singular form.

I don’t think Ricther’s Prompt was making the claim he was bonded to the celestial tree in the same way Elora is. I think everyone that eats from the trees first fruits or its sub-sequential will develop a bond to the tree. It did say that eventually if enough fruit is consumed that they would all become celestials. They just can’t do it by eating all the fruits of the first harvest.

Mister Bill and Andrew Lynas like this.
  5. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Pretty sure everyone else will get ‘by eating this herb’ without the unique, because unique quite literally means the only one of its kind. I also find the idea of a unique class of anything more than a little ridiculous. I can see artifact being used as a class, but more likely that level will be call divine or something similar. What ever aleron uses for the above legendary class for herbs will probably also cover food and drink. Idk about you but I would definitely balk at eating something with artifact attached to it.

well if richter is receiving quests from the tree, doesn’t that mean he is in service to it in a way.

6. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    In a way. Aren't we all in service to those we care about, doing things for them that they can't do for themselves?

7. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

24%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I totally agree the In that the Celestial tree is probably a one of a kind. I believe the story actually mentioned how long it had been since there was a quickening. Isn’t the celestial tree one of possibly two quickenings in the Land? If so with it bearing its first fruit which are more powerful then the normal fruit those fruits would be unique in the Land.

Drag, I agree everyone serves someone even when it’s in their own intrest.

8. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It is the only quickening in the Land. Its the biggest treasure Richter has.

Dungeons and Core buildings are powerful but far from unique.

The quickening on the other hand has already created an entire race of celestial beings at level 2. It has massively increased the rank of the fairy race, meaning they get much better stats per level and other bonuses. Should they tier up its likely being celestial will open up new options.

Not to mention the powerful fairy creatures that those fallen fairies will be turning into now that they have been brought back to their queen and she has tied them to the surrounding trees. Bring forth the celestial ents :D