POLL Dealing with Tier 2 experience mountain

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Joe Schmoe, Feb 19, 2020.

?

What lvl will Richter need to reach Tier 3?

1. 50 or less

11.8%
  2. 51-60

11.8%
  3. 61-70

11.8%
  4. 71-80

11.8%
  5. 81-89

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. exactly 90 (double 45)

47.1%
  7. 91-99

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. exactly 100

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. over 100

5.9%
  1. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    This is while they are seperated right? I think of the fight with Nien where he got over 300,000 xp in one go. Actually he brain drained him twice, but i think he only got the xp once, which is bs.

Imagine if HM was actually able to completely bind the mauler long enough for alma to do her thing.. level 90 something probably would have netted him over a mil right there.

He needs a a way to incapacitate high level monsters. Vitality puppet is his best option currently. But in an ideal world i'd like to see him get a dark or ice binding spell, then roll deep with some meidon mages who can use the same spell and enchanted arrows.

He could probably clear his 4 mil debt in under a week that way assuming he could find enough high level monsters.

Even if binding enchantments cant be put on arrows, at least turn weak aura lance into a weapon enchantment. Enough arrows enchanted with that could have dropped the mauler down into susceptability range for HM's spells.

Cire122 likes this.
  2. Cire122

Cire122 Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Agreed even if 100 TPs to unlock the spell school is a bit pricey. For the same-ish price he could unlock blood magic and get vitality puppet.

He still only 4 of the basic magics unlocked. Next major source of TPs I hope he spends on getting more spells converted and uses Alma's insane mana regeneration to upgrade them quickly.

Joe Schmoe likes this.
  3. Joe Schmoe

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I agree. The biggest potential downfall of the plan would be if Richter was the only one who could safely use the enchantments. I would still spend the TP's on aura lance though, and I'd probably try to get it to level 2 right away.

The spell is a 10 second cast which is pretty tough to pull off in the heat of battle. Imagine the level 2 enchantment paired with multishot and the double shot sub skill. Richter alone could drop an enemies resistances significantly in under a second.

4. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Definitely worth the investment. Same with Blood spells. Even if he is the only one who can use them at first, they are potent enough to be worth it, as well as starting a group (maybe Alma could run it) to train people in building up mental defenses/self awareness skill, so that they can one day wield these powerful enchantments.

I do think there might be a road block for stacking the reduced resistances though. If the drop is significant, with Richter practicing and ranking the enchantment a bunch /gets it to level 2, I'm hesitant that hitting an enemy with five of these arrows would run the effects 5 times over. There's likely a trade off somewhere. Either a huge debuff and no stacking or stacking with much smaller debuffs.

Like if it's gonna stack, then it'll probably be:
    .5% per hit per rank for level 1
    1% for level 2 etc.

Still super powerful in extended fights but not entirely broken at level 1 rank 1

This would be really good for shields and walls if it can be applied. Lowering your enemies resistances as they attack.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  5. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He needs Blood spells for life drain and stamina drain.
    Now that he has the chance to increase the number of rings he/anyone can wear, he needs get these spells, convert them and gain 3-4 extra ring slots just for these spell enchantments.
    Warriors could even forget mana, and just double down on health and stamina. Sprite archers could grab some of all, maybe double mana steal and just launch bombardment all day long.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  6. Joe Schmoe

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I agree, its hard to say how it'll work because arrow enchantments already seem a little broken.

They're only supposed to work like 5% of the time, which is 1 out of 20 shots, but it's been more like 90%.

He may come out and say that arrows get some kind of boost or multiplier to their probability to trigger because they are essentially 1-2 use weapons. They also don't have charges, so the mechanic could be they use up all of their charge at once which increases the chance of success.

In my mind the aura lance arrow would probably be 1% per rank, but out of 10 arrows, maybe 1-3 would work. I cant remember how many extra he gets from multishot, but 2 shots in under a second could easily become 10 to 20. No mayter how he sets it up it will be insanely powerful.

Unless he says anything less than elementum arrows cant handle both of those enchantments at high rank, which is highly likely.

7. Joe Schmoe

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We dont know what it does yet, but i'm thinking dread harvest may refill more than mana, possibly all three.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  8. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I could see that, refill all stats until full then, once full, creates an excess mana pool for the caster to draw from for more powerful spells. Maybe also able to draw from excess to refill health and stamina as needed?

9. Joe Schmoe

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    This would be borderline crazy, but a high level version of dread harvest/blood mana could fill a seperate golden bar like a battle of wills, that can then be converted however the caster chooses into health/mana/stamina.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  10. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Don't forget he still needs to get templates for the rings to be able to hold the spell. That would be quite rare for someone to find one for spirit or blood.

Probably easier to just Enchant armour with it (if able) and the activation talent. That way to spell fires when you need it to.

11. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I was thinking creativity and unusual materials and all that. But yeah, warriors and archers he could equip early with weapons that provide the same benefit.

Johan likes this.