Discussing Star Wars VIII

Discussion in 'TV and Movies' started by Paul Bellow, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Finally saw it! Heh.

I noticed the humor from the very get-go.

I hated the scene with Chewie getting all sentimental about not being a vegetarian. Seemed heavy-handed? And they solved the Jar-Jar problem by making the cute/crazy non-sentient?

The rest of it... not bad. Definitely wasn't a remake of Empire - although they ended up on a Hoth like planet with the red dust. Heh.

Better than VII in my opinion.

They might've went a bit too far with the humor ... Hopefully Solo has humor and isn't too dark.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    Viergacht likes this.
  2. MrPotatoMan

MrPotatoMan Level 13 (Assassin) Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I got really annoyed with the way they stopped the tension whenver it built with sometimes quite horrible jokes its like someone was trying to stomp all over the movie whenever it was getting good otherwise i thought it was preatty ok not an amazeing star wars movie but also not offensive would watch once but definitely dont want to watch a second time

Windfall and Paul Bellow like this.
  3. Susa

Susa Level 6 (Footpad) Citizen

98%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It was better than I expected. I agree it was much better than VII but too much humor imo too.

The scene where Luke was milking the seacowthing... I wish I'd never seen that. :confused:

Paul Bellow and Yuli Ban like this.
  4. Alexis Keane

Alexis Keane Level 14 (Defender) Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

62%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Why did you have to remind me..

Paul Bellow, Susa and Yuli Ban like this.
  5. Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen Aspiring Writer

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I didn't like it much. It had that anime quality, as several has mentioned, that seems like it is aggressively frightened by the prospect of being serious and thus injected really cringy humor where it didn't belong.

Paul Bellow and Susa like this.
  6. DylanTheEditor

DylanTheEditor Level 6 (Footpad) Citizen Editor

73%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, USA
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I enjoyed it. I can't say it's my favorite, but it'll definitely get included in any viewing order I do.

The movie was beautiful. The cinematography was just plain gorgeous. The battle with Rey and Kylo, the red-desert scene, just plain gorgeous.

Paul Bellow likes this.