Dungeon Rooms, Dungeon Rooms

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by PokemonThug, May 31, 2020.

1. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don’t think the dungeon was fully grown as a Big D dungeon when the spire popped out of the ground.

First of all the dungeon didn’t have a harbinger. We only know that Ricther had one day and night to choose a harbinger after he claimed the dungeon. He only assumed in the book that it might choose its own harbinger if he didn’t.

When the spire popped up out of the ground the dungeon couldn’t use any magic because it hadn’t awakened any magic at that point.

Nor could the dungeon spawn any creatures or monsters because it had never consumed anything.

Upon its arrival this dungeon hadn’t even offered its first quest to its dungeon master.

There is no way you could consider Ricthers dungeon a fully grown big”D” Dungeon. When it landed in the Mist Village. It couldn’t even connect to the Labyrinth.

If Ricthers dungeon was a full grown dungeon why would it had needed any protection for the first year of its life? If it had been it wouldn’t needed Ricther to defend it twice.

2. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Lynas, I think in a natural dungeon with not ever having a master it would continuously draw monsters constantly looking for a stronger dungeon “boss”. It wouldn’t give any bonuses to other creatures that might be found in its hollows as it hadn’t been proclaimed a harbinger. I believe the item of power is normally dropped in loot. Then the entity possesses the item and uses it to magnify it’s power. The ambient magic of the IoP also draws monsters along with the location.

3. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 12 (Rogue) Citizen

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Congratulations! You have found a Dungeon. As possessor of the Dungeon Heart, you may lay claim to this entrance to the Labyrinth. Would you like to claim the portal? Yes or No?
    Still confused, he was nonetheless spurred into action by the severity of Hisako’s command. He chose “Yes.” Congratulations and Consolations!
    You are now the Master of a Dungeon. The call to adventure has ceased. Great are the treasures you may find. Great are the dangers which may find you. Hail, Dungeon Master! Take everything, leave nothing behind!
    Congratulations! You have gained the Mark: Adventurer! You now have the ability to enter the Labyrinth. You may now bestow this Mark upon others.

All of this before the harbinger had even been chosen.

I believe the dungeon became a Dungeon at this moment: "A new entrance to the Labyrinth has been born! This virgin portal to the realm of monsters can still be claimed. Let the race to adventure begin!" I guess one could say that it was not "fully grown" until some other point. Maybe you want to draw the line at level 10 when you can access the Labyrinth from the Dungeon, but a Dungeon never stops growing so I'm not sure how it could ever be considered "fully grown"

Why would a "full grown" Dungeon require protection? Maybe because any Dungeon can be destroyed by killing the harbinger. Even an ancient dungeon like the Hall of Elemental Hunters could be destroyed, but the older a Dungeon is, the stronger it becomes. That doesn't make it more or less of a Dungeon though any more than being a level 1 noob makes you less of a human.

4. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We need/want a chupacabra lair. Toughest monster we know the dungeon can reproduce so far.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  5. Hastur

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well we do know for sure that lairs spawn monsters faster. Also who says that any group going in has to be all the same level? Richter was taking out the scribes, Krom, etc to "power level" them. Why can't Terrod and Sion do the same. We have professed warriors and mages. The MV could easily come up with 2-3 groups that could each take one lower level person into the dungeon to advance them much faster than normal. Also now that it is much more dangerous around the MV with Richter fully awakening his POP knowing for sure what level range you be going up against sure seems smart to me.

There is no doubt that Richter hopes/wants the dungeon to be a resource farming opportunity. Heck he sacrificed a bar of elementum.

I think most of us expect a way to get to the fey. Richter has that potion/flask. I'd say most of us expect it in the dungeon for control purposes.

6. Hastur

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The dungeon definitely needs protection. The Mauler just about destroyed it. Should have destroyed it. How many times has Randy said we need to make the dungeon stronger. Also he mentioned that there are powerful individuals out there that collect items of power. If you were such an individual would you go to a dungeon that has been around for 6 mos or 600 years. Could the leader of the Basilisk alliance be after that very thing. The epilogue mentioned the goal was to obtain the Dungeon. The Dungeon is now connected to the Labyrinth. You think the Mauler is the toughest thing in the Labyrinth? Now that the POP is fully awakened that increases the mana in the area which increases the power of the dungeon which will draw more powerful monsters to it from the Labyrinth to absorb the energy. Randy mentioned after the Mauler fight that it would likely not come out of the dungeon but absorb all its energy and put it back to level one and go back to the labyrinth. This dungeon is not close to strong enough.

7. Waterhobit

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm not saying the Dungeon doesn't need to be protected. I'm just saying that doesn't somehow make it less than full "big D Dungeon"

8. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Richter needs to make an elaborate room for slaughtering his live stock and processing them in the dungeon. Of the many perks from him doing such would be food having a chance off gaining magical abilities.

As I advocated on our previous site. Ricther could use the slaughter house to feed the dungeon his livestocks life energies. He could use the killing room to fill soul stones. Most importantly he could use the killing room to practice his blood magic. Ricther could use the death of his livestock to feed his blood mana before they enter the labyrinth.

9. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Animal Blood has a lot of uses in Medieval times, and not just for Black/Blood Pudding. I suspect even more in a World with Magic, Alchemy, ect.

Johan and Captain BlackJack like this.
  10. Waterhobit

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What about something like this?

Greetings, Dungeon Master. You have found a new Room: Minor Gladiatorial Amphitheater

Minor Gladiatorial Amphitheater (Level 1)

Provides the opportunity for public viewing of combat between adventurers and dungeon spawned monsters. Adventurers may select to challenge individual monsters or groups of monsters from a list (list will refresh daily). Challenges may be issued by individual dungeon adventurers, or by dungeon parties.

Maximum Number of Challenges per day (at level 1): 3 + number of dungeon lairs

Number of Available Monsters to be challenged: (7 + number of dungeon lairs) x 2

This is a SAFE zone. Only those who have challenged the Amphitheater's monsters, or who interfere in the challenge can be harmed by Dungeon monsters while in this Room. Traps cannot be placed in this Room except for by those who have issued a challenge.

Reliquaries will not be dropped by monsters while in this Room. Instead unique and potentially powerful buffs will be awarded to victorious adventurers. Experience rewards remain unaffected.
    Non-combatants who are present for the entire combat will receive a common buff, and a minor percentage of the combat experience.

11. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don't know about the spectator experience, but otherwise yeah, that'd be cool.

12. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We all know the dungeon has the ability to consume blood readily. I think this blood helps the dungeon due powering its blood magic. On our last site I had posted that the dungeon could possibly spawn its own room for sacrifices as it still wants to grow and has a thirst for blood.

Ricther has the sacrificial dagger that gives instant death. With his first blood magic spell he was granted the ability to use a willing or an helpless sacrifice to pay the health cost of his blood magic. In addition he received blood mana from those he kills. The range was five feet but last for an hour. So Ricther could slaughter his live stock in the dungeon slaughter house. Once he had built up as much blood mana as he could from that days meat production he could then enter the labyrinth super charges for one hour with the health cost covered.

13. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Change gaining a little bit of Experience by watching to gaining a little bit of Skill Experience of Skills used in the fights by watching the fights, as long as they already have the required Skill (a Tiny Chance that a Spectator might Learn an observed Skill if they don't know if already, (as long as they have required Affinity, ect)).
    Possibly add an ability for the Gladiatorial Amphitheatre to process Small Experience Bets between Spectators for the Price of a little Mana & Blood?

Waterhobit and ShoughtLoud like this.
  14. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Seeing how Ricthers village had such a pittiful holding cell Ricther should make a prison inside the dungeon. I would expect it to be fairly expensive though. The dungeon would have to be bound so it wouldn’t consume the prisoners or their food and water. It would also need to be warded so magic couldn’t be used in it. They could also restrict the entrance and exit similar to the dungeon treasury. Only specific guards, companions, and Ricther could have access. That would definitely limit the escapes. All food would have to be brought in once a day. That would prevent them from eating to much from the dungeon. Richter wouldn’t want to make them all magically part of the dungeon. Although that would prevent them from leaving the dungeon forever.

Johan and Dragon like this.
  15. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well they dug out a chicken coop without it having too much of a cost, i'd think a prison would be fairly easy as well.

Highlevel or hardcore criminals would need guards, but if the facilities for weaker prisoners were placed deep within the Dungeon, within highlevel monster territory that should be more than enough to keep them in check. A level 10 fleeing into level 30 monster territory is signing their own death warrant.

16. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I’m thinking the size of what might be needed along with the spell and ward cost might be substantial in the dungeon. When it comes to the wort of the worst being put to death I think a execution by sword right above the blues sands would be okay.

17. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    One problem with a Prison in the Dungeon idea is that those Prisoners are likely to count towards the Number of Adventurers allowed into the Dungeon, unless it's made into a Specific Room, but that would likely come with some other potential downsides.

Johan likes this.
  18. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Unlimited adventurers now that the Dungeon level is higher than 10.

Johan and Captain BlackJack like this.
  19. 2tymes

2tymes Level 11 (Thief) Exiles Citizen

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Didn’t Richter receive access to the Dungeon store or labyrinth store with the last dungeon upgrade? And if he did do y’all think he’ll have the option to gain experience from the dungeon with a perk? Like 1% of all experience with something purchased from the store. Or hitting his next settlement bonus

Cant help but think the dungeon keeper will quickly out level the dungeon master

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  20. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I an interested to see if/what the elf will evolve into. He might have chosen an avatar of the Dungeon. This might cause a problem with the Dungeon already going to create an avatar