Dungeons in the Land (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Johan, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There might be Blood Magic Detox/Anti-Poison Spells and certain Anti-Disease Spells that work by Purging the Bad out of the Body by Magical Blood Letting.

And in reverse Blood Magic Spells for Blood Transfusions and aiding in Healing and Blood Replacement.

And of course Blood Spells that allows you to Absorb the Spilt Blood of Enemies to help in Healing yourself as you attack them.

2. Cire122

Cire122 Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Didn't we have another tread where we were debating if Richter could use the imps piss to harm him. I understand blood letting was considered medicine in the past, but we also have historical examples (voodoo dolls) where people were worried about evil magical practitioners having a single hair.

In the real world we all have had our blood taken by a doctor. A very different thing when the mayor or governor etc. Asks for it.

3. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Giving blood freely to the Dungeon's Well of Offering...that sound very serious. If more than 90% of the population did so, and said the village moto; a very serious event might occur, a deeper connection with the Specialized population of Adventures, and the village and the Dungeon. This situation reminds me of the picture of the hole where beings were sacrificed, though not evil, but for the common good. It might be a good idea, the bond could be more powerful than/as a blood vow.

I think it would be good to use the whole body of other creatures. Just help Alma bring back whole creatures and pump DP into the sirens rock. Large being like the rock giant probably have a lot of blood. A wild troll would also "donate" a lot of blood and body parts over and over and over.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
    Cire122 likes this.
  4. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I've reread the original First battle of the Dungeon:
    Our Dream team vs 20 lvl 12-14 pigs.. it was brutal.. Terrad almost died.. and he is arguably the best fighter in the Guard..
    So the beasts simply attacked all the party members when a single beast saw one of the party members.
    Pulling one beast at a time will be hard..

Also it seems that the party really had no tactics.. everyone fought by himself.. almost killing Terrad..

And "Dungeon drunk some blood of the two humans, but it was not enough to replenish lost creatures.. dungeon was unhappy"

Say our Dungeon was making in the early days :
    153 DPs per day.

So we can assume that taking half of dungeon creatures is less than 1 liter of blood from two humans..
    So half the creature cost in DPs is~ 76 points > blood spilled(say for whatever reason its 30 DPS, because in the book it sounds that Dungeon got some gain from it.. not a little gain, but not equivalent to 76 DPs either)

so 600 villagers *0.5 liters = 300 liters of blood.
    300 * 30 DP's = 9000 DP's.

WTF lol? with two daily sacrifices of blood we will reach the next dungeon level lol
    I mean now it might be worth less, but in the beginning it was very useful to the vampire dungeon.

Still would be nice to see how much dp's would we get from 1 liter of Richters blood sacked to the Dungeon.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  5. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That would likely destroy the alignment of those torturing the troll endlessly out of greed. As they'd be torturing and brutalizing what is essentially an animal for their own benefit, it seems fair that their alignment would drop at least a few points if they are neutrals, more if they are good.

Again t1 blood from lowlevels probably won't do too much on its own. I can see how the collective bloodletting could be part of some major bloodmagic and vows though, that's an awesome idea.

Critter blood should be fine.

6. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah those piggies fought like they possesed basic animal intelligence. Alarm the herd, before rushing in for an immidiate kill :)

Humans need months after donating half a liter of blood to reconstitute. Twice a day would kill within a week.

Whose blood is the dungeon absorbing to regain mana in the example?

7. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I reconstitute my idea we must sac blood now at any cost.
    Because we get +50% from any DP source to the Dungeon. So 9000Dp's is actually 13500 DP's. This is instant Dungeon lvl 15.
    I'm bad or evil?

Has anyone calculated how many DPs did the Dungeon got form the Two sacked humans(Trail by execution)?? based on that we could calculate more precisely.
    @Johan we need your expertise.
    It was like
    Day1: 153 DP's. + Blood of two dudes. 1 liter +-;
    Day2: 153DP's + 2 human sacrifices. souls & 6 liters of blood?
    Day3: +153 dPS..
    DayX we will see the Total Dungoen DP in a table as n. Then we can simply subtract daily DP's.

Also The Troll cutting could be done by our Administrator, his alignment is already fucked beyond repair. And if u go black, You go black all the way.

Not sure about recovery from blood loss, It probably depends on your constitution..
    Also we have healing magics.. and food.. Shit Richter could have sacked all the blood he had from the dark abberation at least 30 liters..

"
    Replenishing the general volume of the blood usually takes up to 1-2 days. In fact, your body can make about 2 million new red blood cells per second.

However, the other elements can take up to eight to twelve weeks to fully replenish. Such elements include white cells, platelets, and even special red blood cells produced in the bone marrow (which take longer to produce as they follow a separate production process.)

"
    Just eat a lot of meat and drink water. This is a massive cheat even now.

P.S. not sure if the human blood will add to the Dungeon points or the dungeon exp.. 90% to first 105 to second..

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  8. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Might have already posted this.

"He had his own personal Dungeon, something kingdoms would go to war over. Abrams and Whedon help him if a hostile power ever found out about it." Bk8

Abram and Whedon might have been brought to the land, but they are probably dead, so I doubt the help from there. But multiple hostile powers will find out about the dungeon. Goblins, Bugbears, Humans, Kobolds, etc will all know about it soon if they have not already. But if multiple armies come at him, then he can use one against the other! War is coming

9. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    They could basically trade in health potions for dp's this way

10. Cire122

Cire122 Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Health potions always seem in short supply, so maybe not until things calm down a bit or they can increase production.

11. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Its a little iffy what health potions actually do. They do not regenerate lost limbs or lost flesh. I think they boost normal healing, which likely means they draw on the body's own reserves to create new flesh and blood. Similar for most of the healing spells we have seen, with the exception of gate to nadrin which seemed to be true restoration, resurrecting people regardless of how much damage their bodies had taken and even boosting them with anotherr 400 health. I think that one is a yearly pop spell.

A blood replenishment potion on the other hand might do the job. But I think not, the body isn't designed to lose blood so often.

12. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I had just been trying to catch up here but has anyone considered the chaos shard? I mean Ricther was the first to release chaos into the land. He was the first to find a chaos Crystal in the dungeon. That sent out the call to the banks. His dungeon was the first in the land to develop chaos magic. If it hadn’t developed that magic it could not had made the crystal shard. So it seems to me someone will have to be the first to expose the Labyrinth to Chaos Magic. Seeing how The labyrinth has never learned chaos magic due to it never being exposed to it wouldn’t it go crazy trying to obtain it. Would the Labyrinth not sense a new type of magic being used in Ricthers dungeon? It seems to me the Labyrinth would be dumping hordes of its minions into the dungeon trying to extract some chaos magic. Could the Labyrinth do something it might not have done in a million years? When Ricther steps into the labyrinth might it guide him to some sort of well of offering. Or will it sense the chaos in him and do absolutely everything it can to consume him?

13. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The Labyrinth is connected to other realms, including Earth which definitely does have chaos. I'd say it has every higher power available to it.

14. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If it had chaos magic and could make Chaotic shards over the thousands of years some of it would have made its way to the land but it hadn’t. Chaos never entered the land until earthlings were brought across a barrier. If the labyrinth connected to earth prior. Why would someone in the courts need to make the move to break the lands lock over them. They would have had chaos in the land prior to drawing it from the labyrinth.

15. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He found a chaotic particle in the dungeon. It gave him 2 chaos points. What he found in the goblin camp was a chaotic shard which ushered in the age of chaos. The dungeon has not developed chaos magic...this was a drop that was likely due to the object of power now being chaos influenced and or the harbinger is a chaotic reptile.

The call went out to the banks because Richter put a value on a chaotic particle for any future drops. Had he not done that the banks would not know.

No magic has been unlocked in the dungeon yet. I would normally say that if Richter or anyone else for that matter find another chaotic particle they should drop it in the well but it seems it is doing that on its own. Not much is clear about the Labyrinth. What is clear at this point is its a universe in itself and all dungeons lvl 10 and above are connected to it.

Btw Captain glad you finally found us.

16. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Isn't it more that the labyrinth is connected to dungeons? Do we know of any dungeon on earth? That would seem to me that at this point the labyrinth is not connected to earth. If it was wouldn't earthlings have prompts just like residents of the land?

17. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Unless a creature comes from the labyrinth and is ”precharged” with mana giving it a possible higher item then I don’t think it’s possible. Which that was a debate we previously had on the old post. When does a creature develop its mana charge for the reliquary? When it’s created or at its death.

Not all kills result in a reliquary. Who is to say that any chest popping up instead of bloodballs aren’t an additional reliquary given when the Dungeon doesn’t generate a lootball. When the Dungeon doesn’t generate a blood ball the Labyrinth could pump the mana through to the dungeon in order to generate reliquary. That would mean that those chest would be in addition to Ricthers dungeon loot but from the labyrinth. If the mana is forced through the dungeon it could be that all those additional chest might only generate what the dungeon can generate. If the creature killed comes from the labyrinth itself it might generate a higher level item then the dungeon can create. I think any mana pushed from the labyrinth into the dungeon generating a reliquary will have to conform to the “molds” of the dungeon. It has been made very clear the dungeon cannot generate items that it doesn’t have the rooms for. That’s the same issue I see with the Labyrinth not having the ability to generate Chaotic shards and magical items. Chaos has only just came to the land from earth. If it could have created chaos magic and items they would have already been seen. Ricther needs a way to have the labyrinths recognition for introducing a new magic type to it.

PokemonThug likes this.
  18. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    you ASSUME that Labyrinth does not have this magic already.
    However Chaos magic is a higher lvl magic, that was created by X form Y(Unknown, unknown). And its widely used by the Chaos Gods/ Lords. No reason why this magic could not be bestowed used in the Labyrinth before. If Labyrinth slays even Gods..
    Also Labyrinth might be some sort of extension, and by default it already has everything that the dungeons have.
    But I see it more of a thing that already has everything.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  19. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You are correct it was a chaotic particle not a shard my bad. Even so it is still CHAOSSSSS... in the land. The Dungeon has Learned the power of Chaotic magic and had it setting to the side but it had been fearful of using it. It was created with the Chaotic particle that was realesed into the bloodstone. Remember the bloodstone, the steel added and Ricther were at ground zero as it was released in the land. Then again it got another taste with Ricthers blood. It seems like the Dungeon liked his blood and might have said it tasted familiar. I would need to relisten for that. You should also remember that Ricthers dungeon twanged the string of chaos magic during the Lich battle the actual caused his victory over the Lich. Now you can say the dungeon hasn’t learned any chaos magic but it sure appears that it’s got it. The dungeon might not be able to play it’s Chaotic fiddle like the devil but it can twang it’s fiddle! Really, I always thought you had to have something before you could learn to use it well.

And thanks it is good to be here. I’m glad to see you could join us.

20. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well if it had it never did use it. As it would had already been introduced to the land via the labyrinth. Would also think if the Labyrinth had Chaotic magic the dark court wouldn’t have ever messed with trying to get it from earth as the could have easily gotten it through a dungeon from the labyrinth.