Dungeons in the Land (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Johan, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 11 (Thief) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

56%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There might be Blood Magic Detox/Anti-Poison Spells and certain Anti-Disease Spells that work by Purging the Bad out of the Body by Magical Blood Letting.

And in reverse Blood Magic Spells for Blood Transfusions and aiding in Healing and Blood Replacement.

And of course Blood Spells that allows you to Absorb the Spilt Blood of Enemies to help in Healing yourself as you attack them.

2. Cire122

Cire122 Level 7 (Cutpurse) Exiles Citizen

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Didn't we have another tread where we were debating if Richter could use the imps piss to harm him. I understand blood letting was considered medicine in the past, but we also have historical examples (voodoo dolls) where people were worried about evil magical practitioners having a single hair.

In the real world we all have had our blood taken by a doctor. A very different thing when the mayor or governor etc. Asks for it.

3. Johan

Johan Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

68%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Giving blood freely to the Dungeon's Well of Offering...that sound very serious. If more than 90% of the population did so, and said the village moto; a very serious event might occur, a deeper connection with the Specialized population of Adventures, and the village and the Dungeon. This situation reminds me of the picture of the hole where beings were sacrificed, though not evil, but for the common good. It might be a good idea, the bond could be more powerful than/as a blood vow.

I think it would be good to use the whole body of other creatures. Just help Alma bring back whole creatures and pump DP into the sirens rock. Large being like the rock giant probably have a lot of blood. A wild troll would also "donate" a lot of blood and body parts over and over and over.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
    Cire122 likes this.
  4. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 8 (Thug) Roleplaying Exiles Citizen

82%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I've reread the original First battle of the Dungeon:
    Our Dream team vs 20 lvl 12-14 pigs.. it was brutal.. Terrad almost died.. and he is arguably the best fighter in the Guard..
    So the beasts simply attacked all the party members when a single beast saw one of the party members.
    Pulling one beast at a time will be hard..

Also it seems that the party really had no tactics.. everyone fought by himself.. almost killing Terrad..

And "Dungeon drunk some blood of the two humans, but it was not enough to replenish lost creatures.. dungeon was unhappy"

Say our Dungeon was making in the early days :
    153 DPs per day.

So we can assume that taking half of dungeon creatures is less than 1 liter of blood from two humans..
    So half the creature cost in DPs is~ 76 points > blood spilled(say for whatever reason its 30 DPS, because in the book it sounds that Dungeon got some gain from it.. not a little gain, but not equivalent to 76 DPs either)

so 600 villagers *0.5 liters = 300 liters of blood.
    300 * 30 DP's = 9000 DP's.

WTF lol? with two daily sacrifices of blood we will reach the next dungeon level lol
    I mean now it might be worth less, but in the beginning it was very useful to the vampire dungeon.

Still would be nice to see how much dp's would we get from 1 liter of Richters blood sacked to the Dungeon.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  5. Dragon

Dragon Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

93%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That would likely destroy the alignment of those torturing the troll endlessly out of greed. As they'd be torturing and brutalizing what is essentially an animal for their own benefit, it seems fair that their alignment would drop at least a few points if they are neutrals, more if they are good.

Again t1 blood from lowlevels probably won't do too much on its own. I can see how the collective bloodletting could be part of some major bloodmagic and vows though, that's an awesome idea.

Critter blood should be fine.

6. Dragon

Dragon Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

93%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah those piggies fought like they possesed basic animal intelligence. Alarm the herd, before rushing in for an immidiate kill :)

Humans need months after donating half a liter of blood to reconstitute. Twice a day would kill within a week.

Whose blood is the dungeon absorbing to regain mana in the example?

7. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 8 (Thug) Roleplaying Exiles Citizen

82%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I reconstitute my idea we must sac blood now at any cost.
    Because we get +50% from any DP source to the Dungeon. So 9000Dp's is actually 13500 DP's. This is instant Dungeon lvl 15.
    I'm bad or evil?

Has anyone calculated how many DPs did the Dungeon got form the Two sacked humans(Trail by execution)?? based on that we could calculate more precisely.
    @Johan we need your expertise.
    It was like
    Day1: 153 DP's. + Blood of two dudes. 1 liter +-;
    Day2: 153DP's + 2 human sacrifices. souls & 6 liters of blood?
    Day3: +153 dPS..
    DayX we will see the Total Dungoen DP in a table as n. Then we can simply subtract daily DP's.

Also The Troll cutting could be done by our Administrator, his alignment is already fucked beyond repair. And if u go black, You go black all the way.

Not sure about recovery from blood loss, It probably depends on your constitution..
    Also we have healing magics.. and food.. Shit Richter could have sacked all the blood he had from the dark abberation at least 30 liters..

"
    Replenishing the general volume of the blood usually takes up to 1-2 days. In fact, your body can make about 2 million new red blood cells per second.

However, the other elements can take up to eight to twelve weeks to fully replenish. Such elements include white cells, platelets, and even special red blood cells produced in the bone marrow (which take longer to produce as they follow a separate production process.)

"
    Just eat a lot of meat and drink water. This is a massive cheat even now.

P.S. not sure if the human blood will add to the Dungeon points or the dungeon exp.. 90% to first 105 to second..

Last edited: May 23, 2020 at 4:12 AM