Dungeons in the Land (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Johan, Feb 13, 2020.

1. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    "Well if it had it never did use it." - you don't know that, we know nothing of the labyrinth, perhaps when the age of chaos came, some cxhaotic beasts have woken up in the labyrinth or magic by itself.
    We know very little of the Courts.. and weather they have this magic or not we don't know... Also courts either did not know about it, or they have it, the shard was discovered by some low life gobbos, and they wanted to get it..
    how would someone get it? None of the simple creature could touch the chaos shards due to the force shield.. and they were placed into the land by someone..
    Why Someone would introduce something this powerful? Do you think there are many who can kill Gog lvl's Beasts of the Labirynth to get a chaos shard?

It feels like, because it is. Everything that is happening to Richto is planned by the Chaos Lords..
    All the resources, items, abilities, allies.. everything falls into his lap..
    I bet in the near future Richto will stumble into massive Riches in the Land or the Labyrinth..

Another point about the Labyrinth if it can kill Gods there.. Why it cant have Chaos magics too?
    Dungeon is another matter its like a sealed off terrarium, it only has what you put into it.
    nice thoughts.. Still we did not see any reason to believe that the Dungeon is self aware.. expect form the Incursion of lvl 92 Labiryth boss @ lvl 3 of the dungeon lol. what 3 days from its creation..

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  2. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You ARE CORRECT!

I am making that assumption.

Sometimes Poke people use reason to try and deduce things.

3. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Pokey!
    Pokey.
    Poke

Surely you joke.

I know you have read the series. You know the courts don’t have any chaos. If they did why would they need to introduce chaos into the world in an attempt to break the lock which holds them in their solitude? Wouldn’t going to all the trouble of bringing someyyo the land from earth a lot of work for something they already have? I wouldn’t doubt that it is possible for all the chaos in the land to have been made dormant as to where some might be reawakened. Even so the humans were needed to introduce chaos back into the land Right?

Because.....

Wait

for

it

Because NO ONE had chaos magic they could use!!!!!!

:)
    ;)
    :)

4. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I had hoped that’s what he meant when that was said.

5. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    [​IMG]
    Maybe I need to reread first books intro.. to verify.

P.S. so many exclamation marks, dots, and no dots.. missed u too kiddo!

6. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 12 (Rogue) Citizen

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The Labyrinth is interesting to me, in that it seems like the very nature of the Labyrinth is chaos.

"The Labyrinth contains every terrain and situation you can imagine. To even begin to understand however, you must also add in every dream and nightmare that anyone has ever had, and then add in the wildest thoughts of every child that has not yet been born and that will never be born. I know that may be difficult to conceptualize, my lord, but that is by design. There are areas of the Labyrinth that would assault your sanity just from one brief glimpse of them. I have seen and done things that would make some run from me in horror, yet even I am sometimes plagued by memories of what the Labyrinth holds. Add in then whatever terrors might fuel your worst nightmares and you will perhaps have the barest inkling of what you might meet in the Labyrinth. It operates independently of space and sometimes even time. Entering the Labyrinth from this location, you might find another Dungeon that lets out on the other side of the planet though you have only traveled a mile. You cannot even be sure that taking the same path in the Labyrinth will always lead you to the same place. The only sure way to return somewhere are the Nodes. Otherwise, you will be trapped in a nightmare that makes demons piss their cloven hooves.”

What might the Labyrinth become if it actually did become chaotic? The node roads themselves might become ephemeral, and the terrors of it's creatures might become even less predictable.

7. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    "The Land was made of and contains some of every Magic that exists in all of Creation" (paraphrased a bit), plus Hisako wasn't amazed and uncomprending of the Chaos Magic Spells she saw, so Chaos Magic isn't unknown in The Land, it's just very, very Rare and dangerous for the vast majority to use.
    They Dark Prince shipped over Chaos Seeds in order to add More Chaos Magic then The Land was ment to contain and so destroy it, but it already had Chaos Magic and Creatures in it.

PokemonThug and ShoughtLoud like this.
  8. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think a dungeon entrance should be placed in the mountains. Perhaps as close to the kingless dwarves as possible. Then again it might be better placed on the other side of the cliffs over looking the village. That would grant access to the back side of the cliffs if an enemy over took them.

9. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I do love the quotes.

Lynas, I do appreciate you pointing out that chaos is the magic of all creation. We can certainly except that as a fact. Although that doesn’t mean there was any left in the Land after it was created. As many people “know” that Darwin’s laws of evolution is real do you know any that’s has seen his primordial soup which all life popped out from? As many people know that God exist but have they ever seen him? I have never seen a UFO but I think if I did I would recognize it for a real spaceship. I believe Hisako recognized chaos for what it was. That doesn’t mean she had ever seen it. After all she recognized the mausoleum for what it was yet she had only known of them from legends and lore.

Water, we have heard from several characters that are very knowledgeable about things. None of those characters officially know everything. Like in real life we only know what has been revealed to us. Back to my point. The only time we actually “know” chaos was used in the land was during its creation. We have absolutely no reference of chaos anywhere in the land in the dungeon nor in the Labyrinth. At least not until Ricther comes in contact with the shard. It’s also factual that the banks had never seen a particle of chaos. My understanding is that the lords of chaos were all but forgotten. As powerful as the dark and light Court are they don’t even seem to understand the recent influences of the chaos forces some of them released in the land. If the all encompassing labyrinth has the power of chaos magic why has no one ever obtained any to bring into the land? It seems more likely to me that considering it’s really the story line that all chaos had been lost or removed from the land in order to prevent its use from breaking the lock that binds the courts to their prison. Isn’t that the tale of the story. Earthlings were brought to the land for their chaos? For some reason I am thinking it was said that with Ricther the lords of chaos have returned to the land. The land had been as deprived of chaos as earth had been of all magic. Perhaps chaos was lost when the Exiles were cast out but for some reason I doubt that. I believe when the Lords of Chaos left the Land all chaos was lost or vanquished.

Please give me some quotes showing chaos of any sort in the land prior to people from earth coming to the Land.

I challenge thee!

Dragon likes this.
  10. 2tymes

2tymes Level 11 (Thief) Exiles Citizen

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The King of Light stood silently on a balcony. In front of him was a sea of raw Chaos. Most beings would go mad just staring into such primordial soup for more than a few minutes, but the King gazed unflinchingly.

This was in a shard universe of the Kings own creation, from book 3 so I assume it was there prior to the chaos seeds showing up.

Captain BlackJack and Joe Schmoe like this.
  11. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    "The Earth was a world almost completely devoid of magic. They had no gods to tell them what they should and should not do. It had created a population who committed atrocities that were on par with the most heinous of the Dark Court’s residents. What truly made Earth unique however, was that every human was born with a small seed of Chaos in their souls.

For millennia, the Prince had watched the savages of Earth. He saw their civilizations rise and fall. If there was one constant, it was that when enough of the Earth humans were in one place, destruction inevitably followed. The Chaos inside of them made such a conclusion inevitable. The Earthlings had already come close to destroying their own planet several times! If enough humans could be brought to the Land, all of those seeds of Chaos just might destroy it! He would be free!

That just left the problem of how to get enough"

As I though,
    Be me
    Be human
    Be killing shit & blowing it up
    Be one too many booms,
    gg

So what is said above is that we almost destroyed Earth. So If dark courts take some of us to the land, we might destroy it too.
    This has nothing to do with the mumbo jumbo chaos magics.. its all with us humans blowing shit up and f**cking it up.

Joe Schmoe and Captain BlackJack like this.
  12. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I am eager to see that harbinger up grade! Hopefully it will have some mean poison it can cast forth like a King Cobra.

A paralytic poison would be awesome!

13. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Didn’t the Courts and the Gods do the same? Wasn’t that why the Courts were imprisoned?
    Didn’t the Gods have amazing destructive forces that they wielded?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  14. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Courts yes, gods yes and no.

Courts (light and dark) were fighting so hard the universe chained them to a radiator with the Land as the padlock.

Gods, while powerful, were directly interested in keeping the land from being destroyed (after the land was created and they rose or started in god hood). So while the gods all working in tandem might have been able to destroy the Land, it would literally be a mass suicide for them, as the Land is where they got all they're power/ what keeps them alive.

15. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Isn’t that from his Prison Balcony? I didn’t remember him being a King but he is part of the Court right? Did it say anything else about any of the other court members being able to look at it? I cant recall.

You know when they imprisoned Napoleon on the Island Elba he was surrounded by shark infested waters. How long did those waters keep Napoleon Exiled?

I really like that but what do we really know here?

The king of light has a balcony.
    His balcony over looks the sea of chaos.
    The king could gaze at the sea without flinching.
    It was in the shard universe.
    It was of the Kings own creation.

How many times have we been told that the the light and dark courts were exiled?
    Was it not said that the universe its self imprisoned the courts?
    Has it not been said that Even their children were born into this Exile.

So are you telling me that the King of Light created their prison?
    Or are you saying he made the sea of chaos?
    Or does that mean he can wield and cast chaos magic like Bill Dance casting a fly rod?

I understand that the sea of chaos was there.
    Chaos was also there when the land was created.

How about this

The Land
    Raiders book VI
    Chapter 48

“New powers are awake in the land chaos has been let loose.”

“No longer will you be bound to a binary alignment.”

16. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That is all right.

Although, the Gods did fight to protect the land from the courts. The gods laid waste to the same land fighting and making war.

My point was to Pokey.

Their ability to destroy and make war was every bit as bad as any earthling.

17. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The king of light is the leader of the light court, amd apparently the strongest being in existence right now (probably excluding the lords of chaos and any other infinite powers?).

For that scene they were in a small pocket universe that the king himself created, so a seperate universe within the pocket universe that the universe sealed the originals in... yeah.

But regardless it seemed to say that the king of the light court could handle raw chaos no problem. Nothing like sumiko and hisako's reaction to it. It's possible he can use chaos magic then too, its even hinted that he might be able to wield even more powerful higher energies like gravity.

18. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You forgot to highlight “seemed to have been”.

I still think the Rock Giant monster is a magical creation.

Ricther, even recognized how odd it was while it was being skinned. Perhaps that’s why those bones confused the dungeon.

19. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    "the minute structures that formed them [the bones] seemed to have been replaced by rock" is how I'd describe fossilization if I was born under a week ago and was unfamiliar with how buried old bones undergo either permineralization, or sedimentary replacement.
    Not "bones formed of stone" but "bones which were bones only at one point, but no longer"

20. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Saying you can look at something doesn’t mean you can handle it.

Neither does it mean it’s not a problem for him.

Saying he can gaze at the sea of chaos sure doesn’t mean he can use chaos magic.