WIP DUSKFALL : Series Thread

Discussion in 'Works in Progress' started by WaywardDreaming, Apr 3, 2019.

1. WaywardDreaming

WaywardDreaming Level 6 (Footpad) Citizen Aspiring Writer

78%
    xp:
    Zone:
    CST
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Finally decided to start one of these buggers. Figured it's a good idea, especially now that I'm disconnecting from Royal Road. Soooo here goes:

Series Title: DUSKFALL
    Genre(s): GameLit, Survival Horror
    Sub Genre(s): Romance, Drama​
    Concept: Sword Art Online meets Lost / Hatchet
    Number of Books: Four Planned, more likely.
    Setting: Low fantasy video game world with survival horror elements ala 7 Days to Die or Minecraft.

Current Series State:
    • Book One: The Forest Dark
        • WC Estimate: 90,000 - 100,000 w
      • Releasing on Patreon (for free. Was RR; long story.)
    Working Blurb:

Alexa González is alone. That’s fine.​

Following the sudden loss of her long-time gaming partner, Alexa has fallen back to old, nasty habits; namely, wielding her independent nature like a weapon. It’s one thing to be a solo player by choice. It’s another to be a pariah when the UI disappears, taking the logout button with it.

Justin Hayes is not alone. That’s also fine.

As a long-time streamer, Justin’s never played DUSKFALL without an audience to keep his attention off the demon-infested forests and brutal violence. But hastily chosen teammates in a world gone sideways can have more repercussions than a few bruised feelings.

None of this is fine; not remotely. If either is going to survive, they can’t do it alone, they can’t do it lightly, and they have to figure it out soon... before it’s too late for either of them.​

• Book Two: The Delta Wide
        • WC Estimate: 90,000 - 100,000 w
      • --
    Working Blurb:
    Coming Soon

2. WaywardDreaming

WaywardDreaming Level 6 (Footpad) Citizen Aspiring Writer

78%
    xp:
    Zone:
    CST
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    (/cracks knuckles/)

Whooo it's been a bit since I posted. TFD is still posting on Patreon--up to Chapter 14 released today.

I'm getting ever closer to the end of draft one, but I've taken a bit of a detour this past week to unveil the Duskfall WorldAnvil page. For those unfamiliar, WorldAnvil is like a wiki specifically dedicated to worldbuilding and it's complexities. I'm slowly adding in information pertinent to Duskfall's lore, while trying to be mindful of potential spoilers.

Also, I was lucky enough to get a character illustration of Justin done by Minty Liu.

[​IMG]

I can't stop staring at it. Isn't it glorious?!

Paul Bellow likes this.
  3. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid: