Eagerly Awaiting Book 9 [SPOILERS!]

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Johan, Feb 4, 2020.

1. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think he just happened to notice it for the first time, not that it wasn't hampered before, but he rarely uses the spell and he only recently started reading his combat prompts. Also his Creativity was jacked up as well, though that might have less to do with it.

I had not considered this, though I suppose it makes some sense. I'm still on "his binary soul isn't in harmony" or some such team for now, but I could be swayed.

Cire122 likes this.
  2. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    "Some say remnants of their mighty race (Draikes) still exist in forgotten corners of The Land, but most consider this a flight of fancy." Bk8

I will have to add this to the foreshadow thread. If the universe is hinting this, then it is probably true and nearby. Odd he didn't comment on how this looks compared to his messanji form. Hail the Dragon!

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  3. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Could just as easily be flavor text. But yeah, the river peninsula is one of the forgotten corners of the Land, rife with old monsters and cursed ground. So they could be around in a pocket universe.

4. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Interesting look between a first type through, and the final product.
    Screenshot_20200624-185017.png
    "...Human-Dragon hybrids. They do not possess the majesty of their dragon progenitor, but are still powerful in their own right.
    Base Defense increased from 0 to +5. This can increase as levels increase. Your wings can be used to glide and one day may offer the power of true flight. Dragoons have high affinities for magic in general, but normally focus in area.
    If this evolution is chosen one branch of your known magics may receive a serious boost.
    I'm addition your strength attribute will receive a Major bonus, providing a permanent 30% boost. Two other / your next highest Attribute will receive a minor bonus, providing a 10% permanent boost. As with all evolutions, many factors will be affected by your ascention " Bk8 draft.

Screenshot_20200624-185305.png

"The Draike race may not have possessed the majesty of their dragon progenitors but, in ages long past, their wings soared through the skies of The Land, bringing order or death as they saw fit. Your weak body will be evolved and improved to possess scales that can turn swords and claws that can rend armor! The hearts of your enemies will quiver and quake when they see your awe-inspiring visage! Upon assuming this form, your wings can be used to glide. By strengthening it, they may one day offer the power of true flight. The highest pursuit of a draike is to increase the strength of their draconian bloodline and grow closer to their dragon forebears. Draikes have high affinities for magic in general, but normally focus their powers in one area. If this evolution is chosen, one branch of your known magics may receive a significant boost. Know This! Choosing this evolution will cause your Mark of Dragonkin to disappear, but the bonuses you have gained will remain." Bk8

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    ShoughtLoud likes this.
  5. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Sounds like he should increase his DragonKin Mark as much as possible before gaining a Possible Draconic Evolution, although I suspect that if he gets his DragonKin high enough it would likely give him a SideWays Evolution of some sort? Possibly the ability to Shape-Shift into a Draconian &/or Human DragonMan Hybrid like form?

Johan and ShoughtLoud like this.
  6. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 12 (Rogue) Citizen

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think he already has this, lol.

Joe Schmoe likes this.
  7. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It'd be nice if he could do it without Alma when needed though. He's already being annoying about his suicidal tendencies and not wanting to put her in danger. It's literally come up every time they've merged except to bake HeMan.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  8. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm thinking dragon kin 3 or 4 will allow him some minor change, but not a full change. Like once he gets there (depending on the circumstances) he'll either be given or able to choose 1 aspect that he will be able to adopt at will.
    Alternately it could be that he gains some form of slight race stat bonus. Like +10-20% strength, and where having a really high strength stat doesn't turn him into roid man. If this replaced the static ten points of str he'd lose a little initially but be better off in the long run

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  9. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Indeed ShoughtLoud, in D&D People who Awaken Dragon Blood in themselves and become Dragon-Sorcerers, Dragon-Shamans, Dragon-Knights, (or just those who are DragonKin/Folk/Ect) ect, can once they reach certain milestones can choose to gain certain Draconic characteristics, like choosing to gain the Ability to gain Draconic Wings, or a Tail, or Scales, Claws&Fangs&Horns, a Breathe Attack, ect, and later at another milestone can choose to add something else and so forth. Those who a truly descended from Dragons like DragonFolk, HalfDragons, ect, these are permanent changes but others like Dragon-Knights, Sorcerers, Shamans, ect, usually can Shift Back & Forth, although with a Cool Down period imposed.

10. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If he could get brain drain i wouldnt be mad

11. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If he can gain Thought Magic he might be Also be able to Learn the Psi Skill version of Brain Drain, although he would most likely have to first activate the Psionic/Thought MG Stat 'Mental Aegis' before he could Learn Psionic Ability Skills like Brain Drain, but due to his Soul Bond with Alma that will be much more likely to happen sooner or later. Plus also due his Soul Bond and his DragonKin connection with her it much more likely that he will quite easily learn Psi Skill abilities that she has, also possibly vice versa with her learning Psi Skills that he gains that she doesn't already have?

12. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He might be able to develop a mental connection with his companions. That would help out somehow.

13. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    when book new?

14. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Book new soon, book next little longer

PokemonThug and Joe Schmoe like this.
  15. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Has he given us a date yet? I've kinda stopped looking for it, just not worth my time. It will arrive when it does.

I do look forward to this new system and whether people can still take the portal to the land.

16. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Gods Eye within about a Month, The Land Bk9 hopefully before the end of this Year.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    ShoughtLoud likes this.
  17. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    wasn't this "a month" like a month ago? lol, Gods Eye should come out like in 3 days max!!

Johan likes this.
  18. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Just be glad its not two months.

PokemonThug likes this.
  19. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah but how long had "Monsters" been rumored to be coming? Wasn't it like a year late? I have no faith or trust at all when it comes to AK books arriving at a certain time.

PokemonThug likes this.
  20. 2tymes

2tymes Level 11 (Thief) Exiles Citizen

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah I only ever pay attention once a date is set. I checked his patron the other day since the book is suppose to come out, and I wonder how anyone waste their money. There’s no content.