Eagerly Awaiting Book 9 [SPOILERS!]

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Johan, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    "Know This! Upon reaching level 10, your Dungeon has begun to create its own dimension. It is no longer completely bound to the location it occupies. As such, the occupancy of the Dungeon is now unlimited." Monsters: loc 4207

Took me a while to find it.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  2. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Occupancy is the limit on dungeon teams allowed to explore it all at one time.

3. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Sigh

This is a sidenote but-

Devil's in the details. If the Dungeon " is no longer completely bound to the location it occupies " that means it is or rather was entirely in the Land with all the logical issues that brings. Good thing I don't live in the catacombs.

4. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Didn’t Ricther achieve his goals towards the quest. Wasn’t it said that could awaken 1 or both of his last powers? I still like the part where it says the dungeon learned them all and it even learned what they were like in life.
    I still am amazed it even learned their names. I can see it absorbing the dead and learning to make them as dead creatures. I can also see how they could learn what they were like in life. But how in the world can it have learned their name unless it receives some form of a memory.

5. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm confused how this relates to the Dungeon. Richter had a Village based quest that said he was challenging Singh and upon his defeat Richter could awaken 1 or both of his remaining PoP powers, from the Water and Dark ley lines (which he did end up doing).

Randy has a talent as a spy that allows him to learn the stats and name of dead people, and Richter's Analyse skill can do it to live ones (for now). I'm sure there are plenty of spells in the various spell types that can accomplish this as well. It's not too surprising a Dungeon can learn extra details about its food.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  6. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Sounds great to me. That just means it will be easier to fix dungeon movements to shires or villages Ricther would like to bless with an entrance. When he builds those entrances he needs to make sure he has a barbican for each one. That would help control the coming and goings and it would allow for additional troops to be stationed their. In time each barbican could have its own portal. Then Ricther could cash in BIG TIME! Charging a banality for all dungeon entrance portals.

7. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    As the Dungeon Awakens more Magic types in itself it should be able to Spawn New Variations of Beasts in itself corresponding to those new Magics, things like Fire Foxes, Frost Wolf's, Earth Lizards, Bile Rats, Picacho's (Pikachu's/thunder rat), ect.

But I suspect that the next Real Option the Dungeon will get in the things that it can Spawn in itself will moist likely be Undead Beasts, like Animated Animals (Zombie Animals/Beasts), Barrow Beasts and the like. Although it will have to Awaken Death Magic in itself first, and possibly another requirement of some type as well.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2022
  8. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It should be a big booster shot for the dungeon as it enriches the surrounding area with more ambient magic. The powers of the POP feed the dungeon and empower it.

Ricther could use the free entrance to the dungeon in an area srepped in death. By going From whence he came and creating a portal he could master his way through the dungeon home. That would be another two four one shot. Gaining a way home and gaining a supply of ambient death magic to feed the dungeon power supply.

9. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yes, the mechanic has already been explained. Each awakened power increases the daily yield of DPs the Dungeon generates by adding 100% of the base output. Don't know if you've come across it while going through the forums, but I made a spread sheet that runs through all his bonuses. You can access it here
    https://drive.google com/file/d/1PlIvJLy9fvn1G9AKPizbLUXt6NYA-Xga/view?usp=sharing
    have to do it that way or it just embeds the doc. You can copy the file and open it with excel or in a new google sheets doc and mess around with it, should hold up.

As far as allowing the dungeon to feed on ambient magic, we don't know anything about that, or how (if possible) it would affect the Dungeon. It definitely gives off ambient mana though, so if it can feed on ambient mana it may even slow down its own feeding depending on the pressure differential.

10. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think it learned how to make the dead creatures before it learned what they were like in life. At Least that’s how I understood the book. I think on our previous post it might have been stated by Shout that the dungeon could have learned their “imprint”.

It might only need the magical power of death “magicl” or mana to possibly power the design.

11. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 12 (Rogue) Citizen

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I really like the idea of elementally aligned beasts! I am wondering what a Picacho is though.

12. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Same way Richter gains knowledge about the things he identifies. From the universe.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  13. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I suppose that could work.

Though before that, Richter really needs to figure out what HM does with the remnants of death shrouds. They seem like valuable ingredients, and unlike Sumiko Hisako has greater acceptance of necromancy. There could be many benign uses of the shrouds for which she'd keep them around. Putting restless spirits down would be one use, sacrificing a bunch of them to the Dungeon for Death Points another.

14. 2tymes

2tymes Level 11 (Thief) Exiles Citizen

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It inherited the trait from the labyrinth...

The level of understanding put Richter’s Analyze skill to shame. Just as parents passed on traits to their children, Dungeons gained traits from the Labyrinth. Some were stronger and some weaker in various traits; the Barrow of the Chaos Serpent was innately strong in its ability to understand its victims.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  15. Waterhobit

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think incinerates them.

And guys I don't think its worth the risk of having death shrouds wandering the dungeon looking for victims.

16. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    She has them all burned untill nothing is left.

Andrew Lynas and Dragon like this.
  17. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Sigh. So what I would have done. Figures XD

18. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It could be either a Solitary Pointed Topped Mountain or Large Hill (Spanish), or the Lands Dyslexic version of Pikachu!

19. Waterhobit

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Since Pikachu is trademarked, Picacho might actually be what we get.

20. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Does this mean Richter can create an opening to this dungeon from anywhere?
    Also Imp should not know that.

Actually the Litch attack fuckup might have been worth it because we have leveled the Dungeon by what 10 levels lol?
    how much time would have taken for us to reach lvl 10 in the Dungoen ? 2-3 months? 6 months?
    and now we have lvl 14.. lol I believe it was worth it.
    Still we should sacrifice a few entire trees with roots and leaves to see how many points we would get. And also do a communal blood sacrifice of 600 liters +. well get to lvl 15.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020