Eagerly Awaiting Book 9 [SPOILERS!]

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Johan, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I would absolutely love to see one Of Roswans exscaped chickens finding its way into the monsters machine chamber growing 20’ tall. Finding an egg three time larger then an ostrich egg Roswan would shoot his load. I could see him trying to pick it up when a 20’ chicken steeps around Peering at him.

2. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well it creates all sorts of trees, so I was thinking basic elements of nature aka earth, light, water, darkness, wind, fire, life and death would be intrinsic to its basic nature.

I agree the Dungeon wouldn't get the ability to spawn seed cores. There is bound to be some effect from sacrificing unique items of such power though.

It takes centuries (or was it decades) to create a seed core, and without them there are no new wood sprite settlements. Possibly no new sprite settlements at all, apart from forest sprites wandering where they please. If Richter can grow them more rapidly in the Dungeon that is worth considering, but he would need to cut the growth period down to a few years for it to be worth considering at the current village development level.

Maybe with the aid of the pixies the growth period can be cut down to a fragment off the time it takes without their aid. They are nature's little caretakers after all.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  3. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm thinking no on the Dungeon learning to replicate the quickening any time soon for 3 reasons.
    1) Its a sapient plant. That's well outside the range off what it can currently spawn.
    2) Its celestial.
    3) The Dungeon would have to break the quickening down to learn how to make it. That's not happening.

I like the idea of placing an entrance near the quickening though, that would raise the local mana level.

Ohh and its confirmed that Dungeons bleed power from the Labyrinth into the worlds it reaches raising the mana level of the entire world over time.

4. AndyJ

AndyJ Level 12 (Rogue) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Also, he could/should put dozens of skeeling in that monster room so he can make a lot of high quality armor from their scales, and toss one in the well.

5. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well, The seed core also made a celestial tree. Seems out does a bit more then just the basic 8.

I can’t recall how long they said it took to go from egg to full grown chicken?

I was thinking it was a bit short of 100 years to achieve a seedcore by normal growth. Which to me Ricthers bonuses would really help that out. If Ricther had a horticulturist with the knowledge of grafting he could take roots and limbs for the same tree grafting it into a new seperate tree of the same type. The rapid growth in the dungeon would take all the waiting out of the graft healing. Instead of collecting just roots they could match them with limbs and graft new Celestial Trees or life trees from the Hearth Tree. They don’t necessarily need to wait on seed cores for plant replications of the same type.

Can you name any place in the Land that offers faster growth to plants and animals. In Ricthers village alone doesn’t he get two harvest of celestial fruit instead of the normal signal crop? That suggests to me that it is possibly growing twice as fast as normal in the village. It seems to me that eggs hatching in the dungeon grew out in a week or two. Where the normal growth rate on earth from egg to consistent egg layer is close 30 weeks for Rhode Island Reds. I have always liked getting my birds in fall. That way they have fall and winter to develop and start laying in spring.

6. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well I’m not an advocate for throwing a seedcore in the dungeon.

1. I am advocating using the dungeons fast growth ability to heal seedlings that have been grafted. We know the Pixies can commune with the Celestial Tree but why don’t really know how sentient it is. Although that is another good reason not to make a seed core a offering to the well.

2. Ricthers seedcore did become a Celestial tree but they don’t all become Celestial. Given time his dungeon will consume enough ambient celestial energy from the Celestial tree to awaken celestial magic.

3. So for it has only learned what one leaf would teach it.

My point on the tree as a resource as crude as that may seem. Should work along the same mechanics as other resources. The more That are in the reach of the of his dungeon the more likely one is to develop in the dungeon as a resource. We know that the dungeon creations are all magical unless the were born or sprouted then placed in the dungeon. It is very possible that the dungeon could create/spawn a tree with magical properties or abilities and not being sentient.

Being a “Sentient” Tree if you were allowed to take parts from one in order to graft new trees would they to be sentient?

Would they be part of a oneness?

Or would it only be connected to the tree from which it came?

Would a grafted tree retain a consciousness?

Drag, my friend you always add to the party!

Thanks for spawning all these ideas in my mind.

7. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    your right. Richter should attempt to recover the bones of the skeeling.

Seeing as how the Dungeon learned how animals were in life from the rotting remains of undead it should be well within it capabilities. At least there would be a chance.

AndyJ likes this.
  8. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ill let Pando speak for me.

The largest organism on Earth is dying - Cosmos Magazine

9. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I totally agree.

Any creature he could catch should be placed in the monster chamber/machine. If one is created.

I think a monster mutation chamber would be awesome for the harbinger to evolve.

What normal creatures from the Land would you like to see mutated?

AndyJ likes this.
  10. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Golden retriever -> gloryhound, naturally user of light and life magic.
    Naked molerat -> --- -> moleratwomen, capable of living in toxic environment with little or no oxygen available. Race operates as a colony, 90% of members are female, but only alpha females get to breed as they please.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  11. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I second that idea!

While he is there they could retrieve the failed Hearth tree as well.

Should we have another thread on revisiting previous sites to gain stuff left behind?

I thought I had made one here. It could have been on our last site.

I would like to see the bones of the winged Kholorabia added to the dungeon. I know I SLAUGHTERED the spelling.

Dragon likes this.
  12. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Lol !!

Naked Molerat

As an alpha Ricther would breed with it!

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  13. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Literally anything containing a concentration of a type of magic can advance the limitless power motivation. It doesn’t have to be a powerful item, could probably advance in by dumping a very large quantity of forrest sage down the well all at once. Probably has a minimum threshold to register though, so that bundle of forrest sage is going to need to be VERY large.

14. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Just like a very big bundle of leaves. Why would anyone think you would get much from a single leaf?

15. AndyJ

AndyJ Level 12 (Rogue) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Those rats that cast ice magic, I forget the name. →Mage Rats

Skitters from the Kobold's warren. Evolve them then set them loose for revenge on the kobolds who hunted them. →Titan Skuttles

Various trolls (stone, mountain, cave, etc)

Skaths→Drake Mounts

Giant CentipedesMillion Feet Mounts

Iron Spine Scorpions →Titan Steel Scorpions

Bodaks and Rime Bodaks. I don't know if they would mutate.→Boney Cronies

Hopefully, after mutating/evolving their blood will trigger the Dungeon's motivation.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  16. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Its certainly possible, but with the amount of creatures and magic consumed by the Dungeon, it seems like that should have moved the needle at least a little bit if regular everyday plants and creatures contain what the Dungeon needs.

17. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    No one would, but don't forget that leaf was given by the quickening. It was part of its body. Plus those leaves are celestial material with unknown properties. We know the pixies use them to make clothing, but thus far Richter hasn't looked at the stats of said clothing.

18. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Everyday plants and creatures do contain what the dungeon needs. They don’t all contain magic though. Creatures and beings feed it life energy and souls. Plants would also feed it seem life energy. They would all teach the dungeon their patterns for replication. That would move the Dungeons needle of knowledge And granted it DP’s. Unless it was infused with magic it’s magical knowledge needle shouldn’t move.

19. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Now i'm not saying its a particularly smart idea, but what about the wood, leaves and branches off the gobrit tree? Its an abyssal creature, feeding it to the Dungeon should grant a couple hundred power points for abyssal. Its worth considering stockpiling such material until celestial has been awakened and they can balance each other out.

20. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well when it consumes enough to awaken celestial magic it will be capable of spawning them. I will really love it when it does.

I found a reliquary!

Claim it now!

So what is it?

It’s a bag of leaves?

Tou have received Celestial Leaves.
    This leaves are strong and durable. If you have the crafting or tayloring skill you might learn how to make clothes from these leaves. Celestial teas are also know to help people sleep at night.

You know it could be possible that celestial leaves have as much magical ability as hair has nutritional value for cats.

Then again they could be essential to specific potions. Although it appears Aleron has chosen not to imbue the celestial leaves with much magic from the celestial tree.