Eagerly Awaiting Book 9 [SPOILERS!]

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Johan, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So I'm wondering about those black soul stones and the necklace from the witch doctor (MD or ThD?) again.

I would assume he would need to place them in their own bones to hold them. Though it could be that the bones are specially prepared and can be used again with different soul stones.

Unfortunately we won't get an answer to this until when HM and Chief Mist both go back to the HT. This probably won't happen until they start building the second portal at the HT. I don't think she will cleanse the krystals without him.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    Captain BlackJack likes this.
  2. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    My position is that the Pixie didn’t have a name because it was a dungeon born Sakaru Pixie Chrysalis.

Mister Bill likes this.
  3. Belgared

Belgared Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

68%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think the book makes it quite clear that the pixie didn't survive. Here's the quote from book 7, "So ended the story of Singh the lich and a pixie child so young that she would never be named." I think Aleron wanted an end to the pixie quest that Richter had received.

Mister Bill likes this.
  4. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 12 (Rogue) Citizen

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Book 8 makes it even more clear.
    Congratulations! You have completed the Quest: Sakeru I
    Three of Elora’s four missing children were returned. The fourth, the Life pixie, has died. You did not slay the pixie, but neither did you decide to save her.

The life pixie that bonded with Singh was indeed the last of the four sakeru pixies.

5. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Neat idea but I don’t think it’s likely at all. The language seems to have gone the other way. Plus that would probably make the dungeon horrifically difficult if it started producing abyssal monsters in any numbers.

6. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Book eight is complete shit, specifically diarrhea. Can't trust it. The life pixie was already saved in book 7

7. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm still pissed with book 7/8 that Richter didn't get a third mortal enemy from the Litch.

Sounds like soul malice plus he was enslaved! Extra soul malice! Then he was about to kill Sion his best friend! Double Soul malice

Captain BlackJack, AndyJ and TWW101 like this.
  8. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think you miss understood.

I think that the Sakaru Pixie that was freed from the Chrysalis in the dungeon wall was created by the dungeon.

I would like to know why we didn’t see any exponential energies coming from the dungeon as the Sakaru Pixie had bonded to the dungeon making its Chrysalis on the wall. Absolutely everything we have seen and been told about that had a Chrysalis attached to it was super charged with power.

We definitely know that one of the Pixies lost from the battle days prior had gotten into the dungeon. So how did it get in? Ricther didn’t give it permission to enter the dungeon. It is possible it could have been transported by the bloodstones teleport spell. Yet I don’t think so. From what we know they immediately look for something to bond to. The battle had already been over for sometime when the bloodstone teleported and created the dungeon. Why would it have flown into the mines? What would have been there for it to bond to? I find it more likely to have flown back to the village.

If the dungeon had consumed the last Chrysalis would Ricther have received a prompt automatically or only when he found out it was dead or gone?

If the dungeon did consume a Pixie Chrysalis it would have gained the ability to spawn a mindless Sakaru Pixie Chrysalis. Any Sakaru Pixie Chrysalis spawned wouldn’t have a name either. The Chrysalis being attached to the dungeons wall prior could also add to the large amount of DP’s the dungeon was creating. Randy had mentioned he didn’t know how such a young dungeon could be making so many dungeon points. When the dungeon used its chaos and the Pixie came out of the Chrysalis we didn’t see a shift in the dungeons power either. I would expect that we should have seen a shift in power if it were the original Pixie feeding the dungeon energy.

Ricther still didn’t find out that the life Pixie had died until he got the notice saying it did and he didn’t try to save it. To me that’s bogus because Ricther didn’t really have a chance to save it. Unless that’s due to him just not looking for it which he didn’t in the dungeon. For the others he really just happened upon them.

9. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Did the life Pixie really bond with Singh? Everything we have seen the Sakaru Pixies bond to they were in the form of a Chrysalis. Even Eloras Chrysalis was bonded to a magical item. I think the Sakaru was either trying to bond to Singh or was just reacting due to its chaotic stimulus.

When Ricther was fighting Singh did he really decide not to save one of Eloras missing children? Did Ricther really have a chance to slay the Sakaru Pixie?

So did Singh kill the Pixie out of a fast reaction to something flying at him so fast?

I really assumed the fall itself or the cavern collapsing would have killed the Pixie.

Mister Bill likes this.
  10. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Is it a complete absolute that all Sakaru Pixies only begot Abyssal results? I don’t think so. I know that Elora was fearful of that but if it were true why would she keep the others that bonded to the trees? I know it was said that she could help them over come their ills but does that mean they can only do it with here?

Mister Bill likes this.
  11. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I totally agree! Singh should have been another mortal enemy. After all the mental path crossings, Nien , and the death Knight both sent for Ricther. He should have definitely made a mortal enemy out of Singh.

12. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Those that bonded to monsters and creatures of evil alignment would have created abyssal creatures and probably a corrupted abyssal pixie, that's how the sakaru works in that case. Elora tells Richter that even their immortal souls could be corrupted beyond redemption and to kill any that have gone too far to be saved.

The ones that bonded to trees were safe from that corruption and may emerge as various new wood elementals. Some may even emerge as pixies and live a normal life.

Edit:

I remain hopeful that said elementals will effectively be ents.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  13. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don't think a few battlefield loses would be enough to create mortal enemies, unless some of the slain were of personal value to one of the sides. Singh clearly considered the death knight a tool so he wouldn't have gone all in. Richter on the other hand might well have been singhs mortal enemy since its not necesarily a two-way street.

Similarly I think Heman has been notified that Richter is his mortal enemy.

14. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Except it was later confirmed in book 7 as an air pixie, who's hair is also yellow/gold.

Mister Bill likes this.
  15. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So that prompt is incorrect, it didn't confirm at all. Is disagreed, and it should have had a life pixie in it. The Aleron already wrote it as a life pixie, it's already set. The Betas write some of those prompts, so I can blame them too.

It is not the original prompt anyway. We will have to see what the original said. I know I assumed it was incorrect and emailed Aleron day 1/2 when it came out (to the life pixie bonding with the litch, and changing the prompt), then he changed it (but didn't fix it). I'll have to see if I can pull up the original prompt.

Thirdly how did that sakaru get into the Dungeon?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    Mister Bill likes this.
  16. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    pixie limitations working in their favor. The things that costs them the chance to learn skills could also mean the Dungeon considers them an invading monster rather than an adventurer, allowing them to bypass Richter's orders on a technicality. This could also mean they don't count against party limits when travelling with their companions.

17. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The Pixie might well have been in the area that the Dungeon Transported itself too and so was Pulled into the new Dungeon, and because there wasn't any life forms in it at that time to possibly Merge with went and hibernated into a Chrysalis?

Mister Bill likes this.
  18. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ok but in current version, your quote above about "judging by his golden hair" is literally Richter hedging a bet. Then later in the book it says he found the air water and dark pixies. So regardless of what was, it is now in the current released version a somewhat linear shit show. Then the prompt from book 8 ties in "confirming" the final pixie for Elora's specific quest for 4 of them, is now dead.

I'm all for discussing potential new shit, but straight up ignoring the prompts in front of us is just gonna be a dizzying effort in futility. So for now I'll just take the facts we're given and be pleasantly surprised in the future that it gets cleaned up, than try to argue through some "meta game this is what's really going on and the entire book is a lie" kinda stuff.

Johan and Mister Bill like this.
  19. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I agree that a few losses wouldn’t amount to a lot but was that really all there was to it?

From Singh’s position it had to be a bit different. He had seen Ricther through mind magic. He had to see him as a threat using a more powerful magic. Then there is the whole territory issue. So the death knight was nothing more then a guard set up as an alarm to alert Singh. Nien was definitely different then that. Nien was a true vassal empowered by Singh. Nien the holder of a place of power would have been like a knight that holds land and a castle for his Lord. Nien being a trusted agent of Singh’s being killed and losing that place of power would not have made him happy. How would a King feel losing a castle and valuable lands? In comparison what did Ricther do to achieve a mortal enemy status? How do you think Singh thought of the HM and the people of the tree? I’m sure the HM saw Singh as a mortal threat and she only saw Singh through Ricthers mental visages.

Mister Bill likes this.
  20. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm not saying the lich wouldn't be pissed, but a mortal enemy sounds like the kind of thing where they will do anything, sacrifice anything to get to you and the Lich clearly diden't feel that way about Richter. Not before he brought down the exile statue and brought the lich into Bad Standing with the big boss.

The giant hated Richter because he hurt it, and giants are not used to that at all - most things run when a 20 foot creature with rock armor comes towards them. Once the void mauler broke free of its enslavement it too hated him (understandable from its perspective). The eagle bear saw Remy as a mortal enemy because he deliberately pissed it in the face and mouth.

The lich on the other hand regards Richter as an usurper, but probably not the first. He lost his gate guardian but that's a small loss, said guard that highly leveled, more of a tripwire really. The vassal was used as bait. Sing may have hoped the vassal would win, but he had a contingency plan in place. I don't think Singh would be all that emotional about it, it was just a few opening moves in the game of kings and he knew he would soon clear the table.

Did the Lich even know HM existed? He seemed somewhat surprised and disgusted at finding Sion at Richter's side.

Mister Bill likes this.